Chapter 019: Just What’s The Reason? [Part 1]
178 7 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm back again. Thank you for your patience.

I also finished drawing the illustration for Chapter 018: Home Visit— Reverren’s [Part 3]

You can check it out if you want.

 

We Surely Will Get Married


All of use are sitting comfortably on the cozy sofas in the inviting living room.

Dad is sitting next to Mom on the well-worn sofa in the center, perfectly aligned with the television. Crystal, our lovely devil, occupies the space between them, bringing her angelic energy to the room.

I find a comfortable spot on the plush couch situated at the side of the living room, offering a picturesque view of the entire space. Eli-chan sits gracefully beside me, her nervousness subtly visible through the slight fidgeting and occasional glances.

With anticipation building, Mom carefully begins unboxing the bread that Eli-chan baked during her last visit, filling the room with the delightful aroma of fresh bread.

I reach out and gently hold Eli-chan's hand, providing her with reassurance as I notice the contrasting sensations of her sweaty and cold palm, an evidence of her mixed emotions.

Eli-chan, with a subtle yet meaningful nod, meets my gaze, conveying her gratitude for the support.

“!” All of sudden, Crystal playfully interjects herself between us. She's wearing an impish smirk while squinting her eyes.

“Hmmp!” Then she scoffs at Eli-chan who just ignores her.

Mom and dad pick one bread for each other.

I also pick—

Crystal grab my hand.

Bloody hell.

“Hmm. This is it? So mediocre,” says by Crystal as she mockingly hold the bread scrutinizing it.

If that bread is conscious, it will be embarrassed. Just imagine yourself naked and somebody is looking at all the angles of your body.

Oh hell. You can do it mister Bread!

Well, that was cringey.

That aside, what Crystal said made Eli-chan more nervous. Because of it, she's now looking unblinkingly at mom and dad who are about to take a bite.

“Hmm,” dad nods gently but didn't say anything. However, it's obvious he likes it because he takes another one.

“Hmmmmmmm...” mom is all smiles obviously liking the taste.

I also take a bite.

Well, I already know the taste because I already ate two of this at Eli-chan's home but... Hmm.. it's really tasty.

I give her  a thumbs up and a wink but Crystal use her body to block Eli-chan from seeing me.

Fuu~ this girl...

Although mom's expression already betrays what she thinks about the bread, Eli-chan is still nervous. Or rather, she's more nervous now.

I'll help her out.

“So how is it mom, dad? I personally liked it.”

“Are you not going to ask me kuya?” Crystal puts her two legs on top of my lap and used Eli-chan's shoulder as a headrest.

Ask you huh?

Won't you just insult Eli-chan?

“Kuya?” she is puffing her cheeks making a sad expression.

She's cute. But this cute lil sis is vicious.

“It's delicious Crystal, right?”

“No. I think it's way too sweet. The sweetness is way too sharp and heavy for the stomach. This isn't good,” she takes a glance at Eli-chan after that remark. She successfully made her even more worried.

“Really sweetie~? I thiiiiink that uhh.. it's a matter of preference then. I li~ke this level of sweetness after all~, right dad?”

“Oh. Yes. Of course. This is very well done Elizabeth.”

“Eh. Uh. Really? Thank you ma'am, sir!”

“Tch,” Crystal clicks her tongue. She stands up and walks towards the kitchen. It seems like she wants to drink water.

“Hehe. I told you to call me mom.”

“Um... That's..” Eli-chan looks in my direction.

I smirk, “Heh. Yes. Call her mom, sister.”

“Eh..?” she looks confused.

“I mean, if we're getting married, mom will be your mother-in-law, and she's my mom. Aren't we technically siblings by then?”

“!!”

Eli-chan looks astonished. Fuhahaha.

“Oooohh~ That sounds so good~! You two will really get married in the future hehehe~ I'm so happy~”

Mom is joyful..

Eli-chan is now visibly blushing.

“We surely will get marri—”

*Splash*

Owww~ I'm very sorry kuya Mark. My hand slipped,” Crystal looks genuinely apologetic after spilling the water onto my shirt from the glass she brought over.

Now I'm soaked.

“Oh.. Careful sweetie.”

“Sorry po mommy.”

“Mark... here,” Eli-chan passes me her handkerchief.

I take it from her but Crystal gets it first, “But I think talking about marriage this early is too much. Who knows if they will still be the same in the future?”

She then uses it to wipe the wet surface of the center table.

“Oh that's true. But Elizabeth can still be part of our family,” dad says after taking another bread.

Eli-chan looks sad of all sudden, “I don't think so.”

I stand up.

“Yo~ur dad has a point.... but I~ still wish for you two to be together.”

Mom clasp her face while squinting her eyes looking at Eli-chan and I back and forth, “So take care of each other okay?”

Eli-chan nods gently.

“Tch.”

I hear another tongue clicking from Crystal.

She's really eager to ruin me and Eli-chan.

Whatever.

I walk to my room. I need to change into a dry shirt.

—Several minutes later.

I come downstairs. I catch a glance of mom and Eli-chan in the kitchen. They're talking while cooking dinner.

“.... Don't listen to Crystal.”

I hide myself. I wanna eavesdrop.

“She i~s just being jealous of you. You're taking her brother from her after all hehehe... So do~n't worry. Your baking skill is go~od. I~ approve it.”

Jealous huh. Is that really so? Because I'm sure she just wanted to cause trouble.

“Thank you po ma'am.”

‘Mom’.”

Mom is really eager to be called ‘mom’ by Eli-chan.

You're embarrassing her with that mom.

“Err… mom.”

“Hehe. Well, I'm not doing this to tease you. Because seriously for me, I really wanna treat you like my daughter. I mean, I am really thankful for what you did to my baby.”

Finally. I'll finally know the answer to why and how do they know each other.

“I… I'm the one who caused it m-ma'am.”

What is it? Make it clear.

“I doubt so. He did that obeying his own desire. But that was not the only reason why I'm thankful. You help him grow emotionally Elizabeth.”

Hmm… What…?

“I'm sure I hurt him though.”

What?

“He was hurt. He was acting like it was nothing but I can tell he was hurt.”

That made Eli-chan depress.

“But that doesn't matter Elizabeth. We understand. Honestly, I'd like to know your side.”

I'm even more confused and curious now.

“That's…”

“Hehe. No worries~ I am no~t forcing you~ hehehe…”

“……..Thank you m-m…”

“Hmm..?”

“…mom.”

Hehehehehehehe~ Ah. I just remembered! Do you know why I ask Mark to bring you here?

“!!”

Eli-chan flinches.

“N-No po ma'am.”

“Don't be nervous. I am not gonna scold you. Although....”

“....I hope you won't hurt my son like that again.  I~ wiiill reeeeeeeeeeally~ scold you next time hehehehehehe.”

Oh bloody hell.

Mom is still smiling but she's giving off a different vibe. Ugh.. it's been so long time since I saw her like this.

Even Eli-chan looks afraid.

“I-I-I… I won't do it again ma'am!”

Why are you scaring her mom?

*Clap!*

“Tha~t aside, I called you here beca~use… I heard that I~ worried you when I called you on the phone last time. I don't wa~nt your relationship with my baby to be ruined because of me... soooo~ I wanna apologize! I~ totally support you two,” she winks at her.

“Um…”

“Sorry for scaring you.”

So you are aware mom?

“I don't really know why you bit my baby. He said you two weren't in a fight.”

“I'm sorry. I was just f-flirting with Mark.”

“Oh~ So it was re~ally a playbiting. Hehe. I u~sed to do that too. But…plea~se be more gentle next time okay..?”

“Okay!”

“Although I can't blame you if you do something like that again when you get into a fight. I mean,  I know my baby is really a naughty boy.”

Eh?

“But plea~se try to not to be physical hehehe.”

“I understand ma'am…”

“Mom!”

“M-Mom..!”

Hehehehe. Anyway, we should continue cooking.”

It's raining here so the internet is pretty slow. This is all I can upload for now. I'll try to release the rest later or probably tomorrow

8