Chapter 033: S/he’s Gone [Part 2]
28 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Oh No... He's Going To Leave Me!


Elizabeth's POV:


It's been 30 minutes since I locked myself up in the bathroom. I've been racking my brain but I can't think of anything to help me with this situation.

Mark... He's gone. I don't think he will come back to me. I want to follow him but he ordered me to shut up.

I... I think he doesn't want me anymore. What I feared has become true after all. I knew it. I just knew it with my gut.

I knew that he'd leave me as soon as that bitch returned. She is his first love. I can't do anything about that.

I should have left sooner. Now... I have to bear this pain. If I only left much earlier, maybe I won't be hurt this much...

I guess this is how it will end after all... I.. I guess this is inevitable.... Besides, his sister doesn't approve of me.

And to protect Mark from Crystal, I have to leave him. Isn't this what it means to love someone?

“...sniff... Right?”

Isn't this how it is?

Besides, this isn't the first time people I love left me. I should be used to it but why does it hurt me so much?

“..I don't like this at all... I treated you coldly expecting that it will make it easier to leave... But I don't like this at all... Even though this is what I wanted... huhuhu.. what am I gonna do now...?”

He's going to leave me... Is there anything I can do?

But this isn't something... This... I can't possibly control what he feels..! if he wants to leave.. he... he'll leave...

B-but what if he was just angry? I mean, who wouldn't? Maybe he just got tired... What if he doesn't really hate me?

I mean...

He cooked for me after all. Will you put that much effort into someone you don't like? He tried his best despite my apparent coldness and hostility. I think he likes me even if it's only little. At the very least, maybe I'm not so bad after all.

Maybe I still have a chance...

“...or rather ‘had’ a chance...”

I mean, isn't it too late now? He doesn't want me anymore. Maybe he even hates me now.

Why would he keep putting up with a woman like me? He can easily replace me. I'm not really that significant to him.

So why would he bother? Especially if the person he loves is right there seducing him.

“..no.. no no. No! I can't let that happen. I don't want that to happen. I don't... Please don't... sniff..”

I can't let this happen.

I need to apologize. No matter what it takes, I'll pay any price just so that he will forgive me. He can't drift away from me now... He can't... Please no...

I have to go... I need to go. I can't lose him. I don't want to lose him.

I love him... I love him.

I don't have time to be crying here. I need to find him. Even if I have to kneel and beg him, I need to ask for his forgiveness.

I need to go...

Rushing from the bathroom, I check our classroom first but he.. he isn't here. Why is he not here?

I feel my heart skipping a bit because maybe there's still hope. Maybe I'm being delusional but not seeing him here right now makes me think that he's also disturbed.

Maybe he doesn't want to lose me as well.

That gives me the energy to look around.

I search every nook and cranny of the school, remembering the places where he could be hiding right now.

But I can't find him even though I've been looking everywhere.

I feel like crying again. “Are you really gone...?”

However, as I'm saying that, I notice someone on a rooftop few buildings away from me.

Although he has his back towards me, there's no way I will not recognize this person.

I will know even if he turns to ashes.

It's Mark.

“!”

The realization makes my heart skip a beat again. I feel oddly happy to see him.

I need to get closer and apologize immediately.

With that thought, I descend from the building as fast as I could. With my top speed, I run to the building he's on.

But when I reach the rooftop, he's gone.

My body becomes heavy all of sudden. And it's like the air became thinner.

When my thoughts are running towards a  certain direction again, I shake my head immediately. I don't have time for that. I need to find him.

I look down and there he is, running away. It's like he's on a rush for something.

“Eh?”

Isn't that...? That's Al. The traitor.

Although I am mad that he betrayed Mark, I also feel oddly happy because it prevented the relationship between him and that bitch to sail.

But a traitor is still a traitor. I need to watch out for him.

“Hmmmp.”

I guess I have to see what they're up to.

So I follow them from behind. I need to keep a distance for at least 20 meters away.

Mark might sense me if I get too close. I am afraid that he'll misunderstand if he sees me following him.

After a while, the two of them stops in an unused industrial park. After a moment, they come inside.

I wanted to go inside immediately but I have to wait for a while before I can come in.

After 5 minutes or so, I sneak inside. In a dilapidated warehouse, Mark and Al can be seen talking with someone.

These men look familiar. I think the blonde is the guy I fought last time in the playground.

What are they doing here?

“?!”

Not good! I need to protect Mark.

I close the distance immediately until I can finally hear murmurs. I hide myself in an inconspicuous place and prepare myself for combat.

“Hahahaha.. Right. It's because of you, motherfucker. I lost my position because of you!” the blonde shouts angrily.

“Fuck it, man! I don't know what you're talking about—” Al denies it with genuine confusion.

“Aren't you the ghost in that fucking church?!”

Ghost? Church?

“What—?”

“Because of you I lost my chance for promotion... FUCK! I even lost my membership! You fucked my life up.. I will kill you if you don't tell me where the fuck is Abel and WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR!!”

I... I could be wrong but I feel like Mark is the one behind whatever this is. I remembered that when I helped him kidnap Doccia he mentioned something about a prisoner named Abel.

He said he'll be an important trigger to some events.

But what is about this ghost?

I don't think it's unrelated to Mark. But why did he not tell me. D-does he no longer trust me..? Oh no... This is my fault.. am I becoming useless in his eyes...? Oh no...

“I... I'm sure you got the wrong person..”

“Right. Who was it then? You didn't just fucked with me. You also fucked with my boss. Did you know Boss Screw was supposed to deliver Abel back to the police? But YOU FUCKING TOOK HIM FROM US! HE IS PISSED AND IS VENTING ON ME!”

It looks like these people are blaming Al. What are you planning, Mark? Why aren't you telling me anything?

Although I don't really ask questions, it makes me happy when you still inform me even if it's a snippet. But now I have no idea about the things that are going on.

Have I lost my worth to you? And now that I mess up... Are you...? No... Oh no... He's going to leave me..!

4