Chapter 029: Dig Up The Dead [Part 4]
62 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I Just Wanted To See My Wife And Daughter...


I step back immediately, leaving behind the unconscious bastard. Fuck... I knew this is a trap but I didn't expect him to really come personally.

“Why are you so nervous? Hahahahahahaha!” Viper's chilling laughter echoes in the room. “Relax, boy. I just wanted a front-row seat to witness your little performance. After all, it's not every day I get to see someone so willing to meet their end.”

I'm looking around for a place I can escape from. But those two girls— When did they even... They're guarding the windows.

It looks like Viper doesn't want me to escape. Just what does he need from me anyway?

“Tsk, tsk. And here I thought you're a deadman walking. Looks like you want to live after all,” Viper is getting closer. He's so relax even though I'm holding a knife right now. “Hey, I'm getting bored. You're too silent. When will you let me hear your voice, hmmm, boy?”

I tighten my grip on the knife, trying to gauge my options.

“Sigh,” he looks upset. All of sudden he—

Fuck! He's too fast!

*SLAP!*

“Aagh!”

*Crash*

That slap sent me flying to the side of the room.

Arrrgg... Fuck...” I compose myself immediately.

“Ohh.. So, getting hurt will inevitably make you speak. Ahahaha. Isn't that good? I have a question for you after all.”

“Fuck off. What do you even want from me? It's not like we have any enmity between us or anything.”

“I agree with you. It's just my job. Nothing personal. My lady boss is curious about how you escaped after all.”

I see... He's thinking someone is with me. I knew it. Their target is Mark. It looks like they don't know anything about him though. That's good..

“Haha. Fuck you. It looks like your boss won't ever get the answer she's looking for. Because... my goal tonight is...”

I leap forward, ready to stab Ian as soon as I land on. It doesn't matter what they do to me, as long as I can kill this bastard!

*Swoosh!*

“Nah-uh!”

*Whack!*

“Arrrgg!”

His kick is ridiculously strong. I feel like my bone has shattered. If I am any weaker, I felt like I would have exploded!

“No, no! No killing. Nobody's going to die tonight. Hahahahahahaha. This pussy boy hired me anyway. I have to protect him don't I?”

Tch. Although he's acting carefree, he's actually being vigilant and wary. He positioned himself in a place where he can react to anything from any angle.

“Just give up. Sigh. I know you plan to die. After your daughter died— her throat slit wiiiiiiide open haha, she was followed by your wife hanging herself in your beloved garage, hahaha. Then, refusing to get involved with a murderer, your relatives abandoned you to rot in jail. I heard you were suicidal. But didn't kill himself. It looks like you weren't satisfied after killing those 17 rapists and was eagerly waiting for revenge.”

“Grrrrr...” No! He's provoking me on purpose!

“Are you mad? Hahahahahahaha. You should stay mad. Don't try to swallow down your anger.”

“Haaahh,” I sigh to calm down my nerves. “Where did you take my daughter?”

“Ehhh~ Why are you asking me? It's the pussy boy that took it.”

“Don't lie to me bastard! He doesn't seem to know anything! You... you disturbed my daughter to lure me out.. And you knew that if you add that stupid message, this bastard is the one that will come to my mind.”

“Hahaha.. Nice. You're right. But I also didn't want to do it. I respect women a lot. They bring colors to my dark life. But I had no choice, you're too good at hiding. The media is getting annoying so...” he shrugs his shoulders. “If I'm you, I'll just move on with a new woman— Create a new family. If you tell me what we want to know, I'll promise that I will do what I can to help you build a new life.”

“Shut up! I don't care about it! My life— It's nothing anymore. I don't want anybody else. I don't care about anything else. I just want to kill this bastard. Don't get in my way!”

“Siiiighh... I don't care honestly. I actually wanted to indulge in a romantic night with my women tonight. But call of duty— Tsk tsk! You disturbed my evening routine. I want to end this soon. Fine. How about this? You give me your— No. Just their names would do. Tell me who's backing you. And I'll give you back your daughter's corpse. Hell! I'll give you Ian as well. You can do whatever you want with him! Isn't it all good?”

“Fuck off! I'm acting all on my own,” I can't let him find out about Mark.

“Hahahahahahaha.” After laughing for a bit, his eyes gone serious and fierce. His carefree and playful tone has disappeared, “I'm done fucking around.”

“—?!”

*Smack!*

An explosive kick jolts me — this bastard is so agile despite his size.

*Whack!*

He punches me again, and I'm helpless against it. But I can't let this continue. With a swift counterattack in mind, I aim for his side...

*Swoosh!*

...but I can't hit anything. Fuck!

*SMACK!*

In a blur, a powerful punch crashes into the back of my head, sending me sprawling.

*Thud!*

As I hit the ground with a resounding thud, the realization dawns: I can't win against this bastard!

“Aaargh... gasp... auerghh..!” Gasping for breath, I try to stand up. I won't just surrender. I resolved myself to die! “Argh..”

But the world around me blurs, and my movements feel sluggish. This bastard is relentless. He immediately closes in for another strike.

*Crack!*

His elbow hits my jaw with insane power, and a sharp pain shoots through my skull. Darkness creeps into the edges of my vision. I need to land a hit on him, find an opening, but my limbs feel like they're encased in lead.

*Smack!*

While I'm thinking of that, a powerful knee strike strikes my abdomen. I can't breathe!

His movements seems to have gone laggy. Or rather, it has become like snapshots. My consciousness teethers on the edge.

With a final, desperate attempt, I swing a wild punch, but it lacks the precision it once had. The opponent sidesteps effortlessly, leaving me vulnerable.

*Boom!*

I don't know what hit my temple. Was it a kick? A punch? Or what? I don't know, nor I care about it anymore. The world spins into a whirlpool of colors. As I fall down to the ground, the last bit of my consciousness slips away.

Ah-huh. I wish I will see my wife and daughter when I wake up... I'm done. And tired. I just wanna see them...... That's all I want..!

5