Ch. 18 – Wheel Of Establishments
111 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Brian was happily eating alone at one of the simple restaurants he found on the way back. The motivation why he was having a good time by himself is because of his profit for today.

'How unexpected the item that she used for trading for the Miracle Powder was an artifact that is worth 400 gold. That woman is really rich.'

He celebrated in his own way while making sure he ordered some takeout for Paia and Raju's family. Brian was splurging money since it was his first salary as a new member his own company although technically it is his first payout as a semi-merchant.

By splurging, it does not mean the remaining 100 gold vanish into the air just like that. In fact, it only cost him a total of 2 gold to buy pastries that can feed 15 people. Their household really likes sweets so he decided to go with dessert.

But before he can return home, he needs to take a detour to the Association first to have the land beside their house under his ownership.

The Association is the place where the citizens of Soliel City have gone at least once. From making official documents as a citizen of Soliel to purchasing properties owned by the kingdom. Its purpose can be related to a government office back on Earth.

The Association building might be the second most important building in whole Soliel City before the King's Castle.

Much smaller compared to the Auction House, the Association has more of that formal atmosphere to it. That is why Brian he wanted to finish his business here as soon as possible.

"Congratulations to Sir Brian for owning a land in District 9... Please place this talisman on the ground where you will be putting up your property. Without it, we will be alerted that someone is illegally creating a premise on their accord."

A demon race member of the Association handed Brian a paper that can be considered as the title deed. However, it is much better compared back on Earth because this has magic applied to it. Not only does acts as a proper official document for the association, but it also helps them monitor those who do not go under their process.

"I heard that Sir Brian is planning to become a merchant. We can have you take the test right now so you can be named one." He knows Brian's plans because he was also the one to entertain Brian during his last visit.

"Not now. Maybe later, I still have things to do."

"I understand. Guess I'll see you soon." He shakes Brian's hand to end their discussion.

'That guy was good but being formal is never my forte.' Brian left the Association tired from the mental fatigue he had from ensuring he will not embarrass himself.

Such ambiance among monsters was difficult to imagine. If Brian compared how such matters are handled, he can only say that people in Soliel City is more similar on Earth than it was in Auzeweth empire.

'But forget all of that. Today will be the day I purchase my first property here in Soliel City.' He slapped himself back to reality.

Brian was now knocking on the entrance at Raju's house. It was then opened by Risa, their third oldest daughter. Her eyes lit up when she saw the bag of pastrieshe bought and immediately ran away to inform the people inside.

Paia was the seconds one to show herself, and she immediately ran to hug his father's leg. She knows that her father is carrying a lot of things so he was satisfied with hugging his leg to show kinship.

"Ara~ You're back Brian." Raine was the one who greeted first. The father of the house is currently working.

"I have some pastries you all can eat with your family later after dinner. I'll take my daughter outside for a moment if she is not busy."

"That's alright. We are done from the lessons for today."

After saying his gratitude, Brian left all boxes in the care of Raine and carried Paia instead. He wants to show his daughter the moment when he will use the talisman. She was also excited when Brian showed her the blueish talisman that has interesting symbols.

Walking just a little bit, they reach the empty lot next door. It was obvious there was no one who manages the place since boulders and stumps of trees were littered all over the place.

For the record, the land is about 450 sq. meters which is almost as big as a basketball court. It was a bargain relative to its size. The price of it is only lowered because of its location. Putting up a shop this far from the center is only asking for a loss that is why almost all properties in their road are for residential.

However, Brian who has the Merchant System has other plans in his mind.

Brian placed the talisman on the ground as instructed by the Association. When he did that, the paper dissolved into bits before forming around the borders of his territory. This magical sight can put a smile on a little child's face, and Brian also was shocked how innovative the monsters were compared to Auzeweth in using magic.

Ten breaths of the display, the bits of paper then turn back to their previous form of talisman and landed to the place where Brian put it. This now means Brian can put up anything he wants in this land.

<Baby Steps – Completed>

<Rewards: A chance to spin the Wheel of Establishments>

'This is it!'

Brian was really curious about what kind of reward the somewhat difficult task he did. The System did not give out any clues concerning it. The only thing that he can be sure of is that it is related to him being a merchant. So without further ado, he received it.

<System: Thank goodness you're finally done with it. As a Merchant System, it was tough for me to see its User earn so little money for a week>

"So why did you not help?" Brian complained inside his head.

<System: Do I need to reiterate the same thing many times, slow user?>

"… Just give me the rewards."

Same as how a click is being switched, the tone of the voice inside his head changed.

<Ting! Ding! The user has one chance to spin the Wheel of Establishments>

A familiar scene took place when the System was done with its introduction. Just like the moments before his death as Bryan, a colorful wheel has appeared out of nowhere although this time it is a spinning wheel you can see from gameshows.

It seems to be invisible from other people's perception since Paia was not surprised at all when a gigantic object appeared on the empty ground.

'Let me look at it… There are seven places the finger can land into. Namely; Clothing Store, Restaurant, Blacksmith, Medicine Store, Tea Shop, Gambling Den, Spa Parlor.'

"Wait a minute! Why is there a gambling den among the choices?! Are you messing with me?"

<System: User should remove this grudge of his. Don't you know how much your casinos have earned from idiots like you? If I were given the choice, I'll definitely choose the one who makes the most money.>

"Tsk. I cannot imagine how one could run a gambling den in a city of monsters. So what do I get when I land on one of these?"

<System: It's better to show it than explaining it. So what is the User waiting for? Turn the wheel! *Lively background music*>

The voice inside his head began humming a tune similar to a famous gameshow on TV back on his home. With no other choice, Brian walked towards the wheel and spin it as hard as he can.

"What are you doing, father?" Paia was curious about his father's strange action.

"I'm playing a game, dear."

7