Ch. 22 – Secrets of Nova Initia
97 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bluish pale light surrounded the contract paper after Richi stamp it with his whole paw. Along with it, the System finally recognizes Richi as a member of Nova. It also told him to go behind the workshop with his newly hired blacksmith.

'Let's see what the System hides too much that it can easily kill people for it.'

Brian is more nervous than Richi since he knows that behind is most likely something unexplainable for this world. Nothing normal comes out of the System, even the System itself.

He was just about to enter the secrets when suddenly,<System: Unauthorized personnel is not allowed to enter the workshop>

"What? I thought Richi should already be a personnel of mine."

<System: Unauthorized personnel is not allowed to enter the workshop>

Brian scans the room for anything strange, and he can only see three people currently in the room.

"You mean, Paia?! How is she unauthorized?"

<System: Only the User and the contracted employees are considered to be a part of Nova Initia. Anyone else will be considered an outsider>

"I think you're missing the point here, System. Paia is not just some random outsider. She is a co-founder of Nova Initia."

<System: …>

"In the future, who will be managing all the business when I won't be as healthy as now? I can't believe the Amazing Merchant System is satisfied with such a short-term profit. Not to mention, Paia has more potential to become a better merchant than me who is a knight and gambler in his previous lives."

<System: Recognizing Paia as the co-founder of Nova Initia…>

"See, it's not so hard is it now?" Brian was pleased in himself for convincing the System. Paia should now unlock the privileges of being a member.

Pushing the normal door, Brian saw that it was just like what he designed. Or more specifically, what the System designed for him. It was a normal workshop as far as he was concerned.  And by the looks of it, Richi was not as surprised when he entered the shop.

Maybe because he already got used to it and prepared for what was coming. Only Richi knows.

"Welcome." A male voice in reverb spoke when the three individuals stepped into what should be a normal blacksmith workshop.

"Waa! Ghost!" Paia was the first one to react. She immediately went and hug the leg of her father.

"A voice out of nowhere! It must be the sign of God!" The once calm wolf begun shouting in panic-ridden voice.

"Calm down. I can explain." Brian was just as surprised at first, but the voice has the very familiar smug accent the System has.

He recognized and was about to explain to Richi what it is all about, but the System did not let him do it. Instead, a faceless mannequin made out of numerous small balls of lights forms in front of them.

Richi was going to kneel and bow down towards the mysterious figure standing but Brian stopped him. Brian also made sure to show her daughter that there is nothing to be scared of. He told her, "Don't be scared of something so little especially something that has little to no brain."

The unknown being gave a silent response before saying, "... Everything here is all confidential matters. If you dare to share anything that happened here to outsiders, I hope you are prepared for the consequences…" The figure what Brian assumes is the System's avatar starts speaking without a mouth.

"So this is what System means by otherworld phenomenon. Can I beat up this perhaps when I feel annoyed at the System?" Brian was feeling dubious when he saw an opportunity.

<System: It's no use. You'll just be punching air if you try. Besides, that is only a programmed AI I created for the sake of teaching>

"Tsk~ So how does this one teach?"

<System: There is a button with the label 'Tutorial'. Just press it and it will explain everything>

Like what the System said, there is an out-of-place inch-long button in the right corner wall with Tutorial written in monster language on top of it. It looks comically like those buttons you see in cartoons for self-destruct or releasing of missiles. However, Brian did not hesitate in pressing it since Richi will collapse if he left him to be.

'Click' A satisfying sensation reached out when he pushed the red button. The figure then started talking once again after being silent for a while.

"Please take note of everything I say and do…"

Despite losing in his emotions, Richi was still able to focus on what the figure was going to say next. He might think the words coming out of it are the word of God.

"1 day outside this room is 10 days here… Don't worry about having repercussions in your body in any way. Your body will age the same time as outside even if you're here."

The first thing it did was drop an unbelievable fact bomb. Even Brian was not prepared for that. Nevertheless, the figure did not care about their reactions whether they understood it or not, and just continued speaking.

"Anything created below the Potential grade of A- will immediately be thrown away. There's no room for mediocre products."

"A-?" The pointy ears of the only wolf in the room perked up when the mention of products.

'That's what my Appraisal skill has.'

Ever since the beginning, Brian always thought things like the System should be something only he knows. Now the System itself is showing and even demonstrating for them. His unique trait is somewhat gone, he thought.

It is in human nature to want to feel different or above others. Brian have felt this first-hand when he was considered to be the hero of Auzeweth. But it also means such pride was useless for him.

If showing the System can make his and his daughter's life more comfortable, he will do it ten out of ten times. Although he is not an idiot to show everything for his enemies to take advantage of. In this case, his business competitors.

'That is why the System has that contract. Having a room which time moves ten times slower can make the whole continent fight for it when discovered.'

Back to the teaching... The System's avatar pointed to something that looks like an empty bulletin board.

"The equipment created using this Amazing One's Blacksmith will have a grade show up there… Try creating the best equipment you can."

Those words were meant for Richi. The wolf blacksmith also understood that it was asking him to forge a piece of equipment. So with professional eyes, he immediately observes the room to understand how to use it.

The System provided an excellent forging furnace along with high-end blacksmithing tools. Thankfully, the design Brian has chosen made sure that Richi was still able to recognize everything and its purpose. There were also some basic ores in the storage they can use.

With all set and prepared, Richi did not delay any further. Since they met, he has already worn his blacksmithing clothes so all he needs to do now is start the forging process.

Heating the ingots then pouring on what seems to be a dagger mold, Richi carefully proceeded from the next step to another. He was so focused to the point that he was not able to notice the father playing with his daughter far away from him.

He still does not believe what the supernatural being told them that the time in the workshop moves ten times slower. Despite that, he takes as much time he needed to perfect everything he can perfect.

When he was on the finishing touches of engraving his signature in his creation, the audience brought back their interest towards the finished product. A sharp dagger made out of steel that reflects light from its beautiful blade, Richi was confident in what he has done.

The supernatural being then told him to put it on the desk below the post board before it can be graded.

<Steel Dagger>

<Creator: Richi of Triphon>

<Potential: C>

Seeing the results, the soul of the grey wolf flew outside its mortal body. It was on this day, Richi of Triphon has lost confidence in his skills.

6