Ch. 28 – Sisterly Love
95 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a community where houses are built using recycled materials, there is an excited girl running to her home.

Lucy, a girl turning 16 later this year, wanted to share the good news with her sister. She just returns from having her goods sold completely but she did not earn every coin on those flowers. Although clearly, it was not the reason why she is happy.

"Lulu will be happy I finally got a job."

She was always being encouraged by her sister to find new ways to earn money instead of what she was doing before. However, looking like a human in Soliel City proved to be difficult for people like her with little qualifications.

But at last, someone has given her a chance to achieve what her sister always wanted.

Lucy was holding a warm two containers of freshly made stew that she bought before going home. She did not have any money to afford a container nevertheless for two of them before the day started. But the man who offered her a job left her a gold coin before they separated ways.

He told her that it was his payment for the flowers she sold to him. It cost him a staggering 6 gold coins for a basket of flowers that did not even cost a whole gold coin.

However, the rest of the gold coins were not in her possession. The debt collector who she does not know the name of stole it from her. Or rather, he was the one who asks for the ridiculous price in the first place.

"You seem to be happy Lucy… Oh, what is that delicious smell!"

"Hehe, I bought something for both of us because I found a job!"

Lucy happily shared while she was feeding her sister soup with a wooden spoon.

Skin that was white and pale as if she did not go outside for all her life, hair that was as long as her upper body, and body that can only be described as frail. Lulu, her sister, was two years older than her but it has been ten years since Lulu has lost her ability to move her limbs.

Seeing the condition of her sister, Lucy cannot help but stop the tears forming in her eyes. If Lulu was able to see the sad face of her dear sister, she will try her best to comfort her. But unfortunately, her sense of sight never developed ever since she was born into this world.

Cripple body and blindness, many would feel severe depression when they live their whole life like this. But the girl in front of Lucy has never lost the beam of her smile.

"Why you're silent so suddenly, Lucy? By the way, what work did you get?"

"…I don't know yet."

"You don't know? Are you sure it's safe, or the person hiring you was not a despicable man?" Lulu was showing her genuine concern even though she won't be able to express it properly with her body.

"Don't worry. My future boss is a good person. He may be human but he is different compared to the rest of them."

"Is that so…" Feeling her sister is telling the truth, Lulu can only smile for her.

The harmonious scene of one girl feeding her sister slowly was difficult to imagine in a house that barely has its necessities. If her future boss were able to see their living condition, he might think that they were living in a mansion compared to theirs.

However, the peace did not last long. Knocking loudly on their run-down door with force, it will not be long before their house would be doorless.

It was nighttime and almost all residents in their slum area are inside their homes. They should hear the commotion next door and understand people living there will not be lucky. Debt collectors, corrupt patrol knights, or just simply people with malicious intent, whoever they may be, the people living in the slums ignored everything because they have nothing to offer to help.

One might say it was a common scene for poor people like them to be taking advantage of. They can only thank their god that it was not their home being bothered.

"Filthy human! Get out here right now!"

The voice is very familiar for Lucy because the owner of that voice always disturbs their home using the excuse that she needs to work for him.

The five gold coins he received a while ago should be enough to pay their debt although it would be a joke if someone believed the pigman outside their door will pardon their debt.

"I earned those gold coins a while so if you think you can escape because that stupid human gave you those then I'll break you until you become like your sister!"

Lulu might be blind but she can definitely hear the angry voice outside. She was desperately clinging to the soft hands of her sister knowing that something has happened while she was alone waiting in their own house.

This debt collector of theirs might be coming almost every day on their doorstep, but this time he was unusually aggressive today.

Why he was being aggressive is because he was embarrassed by a mere human. He already used almost all the money he had just to remove his bad mood. From drinking to purchasing random stuff under the influence of alcohol, nothing works and it only made him more furious.

That human might have given him gold coins but a pigman's pride in strength is much greater compared to humans. So when he was threatened until he cannot rebuke, he wanted to lash out. And what best place to lash out except the house of another human.

Anyone will be scared when a rough voice was shouting in the silent night. Even the neighboring houses were too afraid to show themselves despite wanting to peak on the situation.

However, Lucy has not shown any fear in her eyes. Rather it was cold like she was the predator in their current situation.

"I'll excuse first, Lulu… I'll cut our connections with him."

"…Are you going to do it?"

"Of course not. As I said, I already changed… I'm just going to talk to him to let him understand I have a new boss from this day forward."

After a brief hesitation, Lulu finally let go of Lucy's hand and left the words, "Be careful."

"I'll be careful."

Lucy felt guilty lying directly in front of his sister. She was never going to let the pigman go especially when he will most likely disturb their peace further in the future.

Stepping out, Lucy was greeted with a furious face that has the intention to throw a fist. She did not wait for the pigman to move or talk any further and just walked slowly away from where her sister is worrying,

"Where the hell are you going?!"

He wanted to grab her hair when she wanted to leave but it was just simply shrugged away before Lucy spoke in a cold tone, "Let's not disturb the neighbors. You don't like patrol knights to be coming here, right?"

Their commotion in the silent night should have alerted knights who are assigned in the area. They should have arrived already but those people never take their job seriously. Knowing that the ones they are supposed to protect are just poor people living in the slums.

"This should be a good place."

Lucy was the one who leads the way to a dark alleyway where no one would be able to hear them.

"What are we doing here? Is this how you want to pay your debt? You think your fragile dirty human body would be able to entice me?"

He was laughing like it was the best joke of all time. He was disgusted with humans, but he will not hesitate to sleep with one of them. Although he will never decrease her debt no matter how she entertains him.

While he was smiling disgustingly while thinking about what he will be doing to her, a cold blade passed through his neck cleanly. A day that should be a fruitful day suddenly became his death anniversary- Not like anyone would be celebrating it.

Lucy seductively licks the blood on her dagger.

Looking at the red liquid pouring on the recently beheaded body, her once hazel eyes turned to crimson red. The sight of blood had triggered something within her that she should not have. She can feel her lust taking over her, lust to kill.

It has been quite a long time since she ever felt that way. Pleasant as it may be, she promised she will never succumb to it again. The best way to return to her previous state is to kill and kill until she was satisfied. But a more conservative way is to lose her own blood until she is borderline anemic.

Lucy knew her sister will never want to hear her killing someone again. Now that there was a victim, she cannot add more to it.

Glancing at the lifeless body one last time, she whispered, "You were the only one who offered a way to earn money without killing… But you never had my gratitude."

6