Ch. 30 – System Recommended
89 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Filling the Empty Store - Completed>

<Rewards: 2 Specialty Products (Blacksmith)>

The notification of the quest being completed rang inside Brian's head although he chose to ignore it first and deal with Lucy first.

"You know what a clerk needs to do right?"

"Hmm, but I'm not good at keeping records involving money or any numbers."

That is a big problem for someone in her position. Brian does not want his gold coins to be worth less than a hundred copper coins just because his employee does not know how to count.

Teaching her is the first option but he does not know anyone that could teach her simple arithmetic. He will not have any time to educate her on the multiplication table, and it would be shameless to ask Raine to teach a stranger.

Hiring tutors is also an option but based on his experience in Auzeweth and Soliel City, the concept of mathematics here was not that advance. They use numbers mostly on their currency.

Brian does not have a problem with it but having less developed knowledge in this field, it also means that the way of teaching was worse. What may take a day or two for a teenager to learn may take a week here.

<System: No need for the User to worry about. This Amazing System already calculated the intelligence level of this world. In the workshop, there is a gift box this Amazing System provided to solve the problem. Think of this as a welcoming gift… Now worship this Amazing System>

"I thought you turn over a new leaf but you're the same narcissist as usual."

<System: Thank you for the compliment>

Brian briefly explained to Lucy the circumstances concerning the workshop. Since she is already a member, there was nothing to hide what Richi would also know.

She has not said anything after being told about the unknown magic phenomenon going on behind the scenes. That was good for Brian because she is already doing her part.

Brian introduced Richi and Lucy to one another since they would be meeting almost every day. A simple exchange of names then Lucy went back to being mute. Brian does not know if she is shy or not, but he can only be hopeful Lucy will be able to fit with her social type of work.

On the corner where the red button was situated, there was a box wrapped in a red tie. It was the size of his hand and might be the lightest object in the room.

When Brian unwrapped the contents, he cannot help but mutter, "Isn't this a smartphone!?"

<System: It's a smartphone for dummies… The features are limited only to educational purposes. It has an automatic charging system as long as it is inside Nova property. Besides the simple math tutorials videos saved in the device, there is also an app installed called 'Soleil Currency Calculator'>

On the touch screen of the phone were literally two apps over a plain white background. Gallery and the calculator app. It was most limited among the limited types of phones he ever saw. Even the generation of keypad phones has more features than it.

Nevertheless, he knows why the System disabled almost everything. If there was a simple and normal calculator installed, it would already be the smartest thing in terms of arithmetic.

Lucy was curious about the magical artifact Brian was showing her how to operate. It was the first thing that made her show visible emotion on her face.

She wanted to ask how a minuscule human was trapped in the small little box but Brian told her it was one of the secrets that can never be shared. So she just watched the video of someone teaching the basic operations while experimenting with how the calculator works.

'Phones really take your attention. With only those two things present, Lucy won't let it go. Fortunately, I was able to stop her when she pressed the screen too hard.'

He was relieved knowing that technology back on Earth did not break just like that.

Now that both of his employees are busy in their own way, it was also time to accept the rewards of his recently completed quest.

<2 Specialty Rewards (Blacksmith) – Please choose carefully>

Five pictures of items in different varieties appeared in the vision of Brian. There were no words for the name or details so he can only base his choice on the images.

First on the list was a round shield that has a ruby color gem engraved on the middle. The next two were weapons made out of a material he does not recognize. One was a giant hammer while the other was a curved, single-edged sword that looks a lot like a katana.

For the last two items, both can be considered as miscellaneous since he cannot imagine it being a piece of equipment you wear.

"Is that a frying pan and… Why does the image of a brush have a distinct purple frame around it like it is telling me to choose it?"

<System: Because it is the recommended item Specialty Item of this Amazing System."

"Really? A brush… in a blacksmith?"

<System: It's just a recommendation but a recommendation of this Amazing System nonetheless>

The options given to him made him conflicted. It should have been obvious that the first three choices would be the best for a blacksmith. But when the factor of System recommendation comes in, he suddenly needs to choose among four.

No matter how he tries to ignore it, the brush looks like the five-star item in a 5 Gacha roll package. Good thing that he can choose two from the list or else his dilemma will last a whole day.

Brian has decided one of the specialty products Nova Blacksmith would be having is a brush. He does not know how the customers will see it, but he is willing to take the chances.

'No matter how good the shield is, a weapon will always be more attractive. Now time to decide if I want to display and sell a hammer or a katana.'

Brian has not seen yet a sword that looks like a katana in this world yet. It will look unique and experimental for the eyes of the citizens in Soliel City. But having the knowledge from fiction works like movies and anime back on Earth, Brian knows it will never fall behind compared to the weapons here in the world of swords and magic.

Gesturing he wanted the straightforward katana and mahogany-colored brush, the System told him the sample outline of those two specialty products have been placed in the workshop.

"Boss Bry! Something appeared!" Richi went out of the workshop looking like he has just seen a ghost.

The two people in the workshop who were looking at their own respective screens were surprised by the sudden interruption. Brian calms Richi down and explains that it was something he did.

Strange occurrences made by their Boss should be a norm at this point. Even the newly hired Lucy already witnessed many unexplained magic in just a day so they did not question their Boss any further.

The three of them entered to see what changes Richi was telling them about.

On the wall where the red button was placed, two more were added beside it. However, it was not the thing that surprised Richi. Above those buttons were the two things Brian just chose a while ago.

Using Appraisal on both of them, Brian finally knows the details.

<Makaze>

<Description: One of the proudest creations of a blacksmith dating back hundreds of years ago, the sword Makaze was once feared by the people. But his art of blacksmithing has never been passed down. There are no records about him or his works left in this world leaving all the glory he once earned>

<Potential: S>

<Recommended Selling Price: 22 gold>

'What a good sword but I wonder how it is made.' Brian was sure that the red button below the hilt will show Richi how to create it.

However, Brian and Richi did not recognize the metal used to forge the beautiful blade of the katana. Although his blacksmith did not care and just pressed, excited to see how an artistic sword can be forge.

The faceless avatar appeared once again. It was the first time Lucy will be seeing it and she immediately went into a fighting stance towards the anomaly. He does not know why but the avatar makes you want to smack it.

Brian distinguished his employee as a fighter by her quick reaction although it was not the time. He then proceeded to explain that it was another one of those top secrets.

There were new processes introduced when forging the Makaze. Richi's eyes glowed as he watched every step and every detail.

And when the katana was done, the System avatar spoke, "All materials needed for Specialty Products are provided by this Amazing One. You can get those there." It pointed to the new device added in the room.

Brian has never seen a device or artifact that looks like it. The closest thing he can compare it to is a 3D printer he once watched on the internet.

Slowly as the System introduce and bestow a new object one by one, Brian cannot help but think maybe the sci-fi design was not so bad at all.

6