Ch. 33 – Checking Out The Strange Shop
73 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was peak day when Ryle just finished hunting for small rabbits outside in the forest near Soliel City. However he was not a part of the Hunting Guild but rather, he was a new mercenary of the Adventurer's Guild.

Today was a slow day for Ryle because the Guild had only post few quests on his Bronze level, the starting rank of any adventurer. From what he heard, there is an urgent quest being prioritized by the Guild that is why those who were on the weaker side can only pick few tasks here and there.

The quest is said to be an invasion of Pests led by a Variant Mantis Leader that was a step before it can be classified as a Calamity Grade.

This is also the reason why the Hunting Guild was as busy as the main Adventurer's Guild. The Mantis' body is a living resource for those who need medicinal ingredients. With a large group running amok on the other border of a city, it was waiting to be harvest and turn into money by those who hunt it.

Bronze adventurers can also apply for this urgent quest, but the rumors said that it is a suicide mission if someone that weak joins. They are most likely used as cannon fodder and meat shield for groups that are stronger.

The pay was good but Ryle will not risk his life for few gold coins.

Since he unexpectedly finished his plans earlier today, he was roaming around the Districts he has not visited yet.

"Those things called noodles in District 8 were really delicious. I wonder why it has not spread in District 5 or even the Central District yet."

He was very satisfied with his lunch today. It was decided that he is not going to be frugal in his spending on his break.

"I should probably change my equipment soon. It will be a laughing matter if I died from a Lava Ant."

Ryle was checking out the shattered parts of his cheaply made chain mail. The damage of his chest armor was so significant that it was better to fight bare than being weighed down by a useless chest piece.

Without minding his surroundings, he ended up walking until the farthest road in District 9.

The residents' houses located on this place are what you can call an average living condition. All except one.

"Why is a rich man with a weird taste in aesthetics living here… Nova Initia Blacksmith? It's a Blacksmith?!"

Surprised he may be but Ryan's curiosity had got over him. Telling to himself, 'Can't hurt to check.'

***

'I guess we don't need to greet them'

The door was finally used by someone he does not know. Looking at their first potential customer, he was a young orc with red skin.

He also looked pretty beat up base on his appearance. But rather than calling him poor, it was better to describe it as someone who just came out of a fight.

Brian does not have any plans on interfering until problems arise. So he just observed the orc with shining eyes since it was obvious this person fights for a living.

"Damn~ That's the best long sword I have seen. Too bad I don't know how to use one." Brian can hear the astonishment of their customer. Actually, he does not need to try and hear it because that voice was loud as a man using a microphone.

Paia on his laps really wanted to ask the stranger about his appearance but Brian told her off and to just observe for the meantime.

It was time for Lucy to work because the orc has asked, "Are there better daggers than those steel ones? Like something made from the one you call Makaze?"

The father and daughter combo looks just like customers so the orc was right to ask the girl behind the counter. Although he did hesitate at first because he was expecting a rough-looking dwarf for they are the only ones capable of forging a masterpiece.

He was not the only one waiting for Lucy's answer. Brian as well was expectant.

Brian has already given her the details concerning everything in the blacksmith. So she should know the best materials we have for now besides the one used for Makaze is steel.

"Those displayed are the only ones available. But rest assured that they are better compared to your average steel daggers." She said without showing any emotion.

'I don't if I am fine with that cold expression but at least she got the message out without stuttering.'

He did not attempt to change her approach since he cannot really teach her in the first place. As long as the other customer does not look offended, then maybe her indifferent attitude toward their customers is fine.

'She made me remember someone.'

Their orc visitor may not be offended but he felt disappointed that none caught his interest. Maybe the long sword although he does not have any plans on changing weapons. Not to mention, he does not even have half of its price.

But since he was here anyway, there is no harm to trying why they were so confident on a normal steel weapon.

Grabbing a simple yet clean short dagger on the wall, he can feel a sharp aura surrounding it. Well, it was an exaggeration since he mostly judges the performance of weapons on their prices.

And the steel dagger in his hands only cost 79 copper coins.

His current beaten-up dagger cost over a hundred copper coins and it only lasted a month before it showed signs of deteriorating. However, he was already pleased with his previous purchase because that dagger saved him a couple of times.

From an outsider's standpoint, it was already obvious he was not expecting anything. But when he grip its handle, he began stroking it like it was his dear lover's soft arms. Even the little girl beside her father showed a disgusted expression when she saw his actions.

"Excuse me! Is there anything I can test its sharpness with?!" The orc exclaimed like it was a proposal.

"There is no-" Before Lucy can reject his request, Brian took her place and said, "Just click the green button below your desk that is labeled 'training dummy'.

Brian pointed out another feature the blacksmith has that the System had told him. That information was not really a secret because it was meant for customers in the first place.

Just like how aircraft carriers store their planes, a small spot on the ground starts splitting apart. What came out of it was your typical look of a dummy made out of sandbag.

"Oi System! Can you make it less technological and make it appear more magical."

Brian was genuinely worried that the shop itself will reveal the System's secrets itself. But because magic was still full of mystery in this world, it can just be another mystery.

"You can use your strongest attack on that. Just make sure it does not affects the surroundings."

He forgot to mention this feature to Lucy so he took her position for a while. The orc customer was too excited to try the dagger out that he did not find a customer instructing him strange.

"Ah! Hu! Piercing Strike!"

'Do you really need to shout the name of your attack? I thought it was only for the purpose of letting the audience know but it looks like people living here begs to differ. Or simply this orc is careless… What even was that Piercing Strike? It's just a simple thrust that barely punctured the sandbag.'

Brian concluded that the man in front of him was just lucky to earn money in a combat-related guild. Those poor movements can never fool the eyes of a veteran knight. But he just kept quiet because he was a merchant now.

"I'll get this, and a chest armor, and a pair of armguards!"

"Glad to make business with you."

And their first transaction was successful. They earned a total of 1 gold and 37 coppers with those three pieces of equipment. The only people who will be really taking a share of it is Brian and Richi.

The System does not take anything for those products that do not use its materials. Lucy on the other hand has a fixed salary of 10 gold a month with additional bonuses depending on the blacksmith's performance.

With that being said, the orc was the only customer they have received for today.

6