Ch. 39 – It Ender Earlier Than Expected
80 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There is a strange blonde human going around the town talking to anyone he can talk to. It is not like people find him unpleasant, but somehow the topic when conversing with him always ends up discussing the mysterious blacksmith in District 9 named Nova Initia.

However, those people who have visited the said blacksmith also ended suggesting the said blacksmith to their friends.

Except for the attractive long sword being displayed as a center of attraction when you enter, the prices of all wares are cheaper and better compared to the rest you see in other blacksmiths. It is only a shame the smith working does not take personal orders.

"I heard Nova is going to release another treasure like Makaze today."

"What?! I hope it's a shield this time."

"A shield would waste the skills of the blacksmith. It would be better if it is a full set of armor. Then it can be a treasure."

Brian is chit-chatting with a group who have already visited the blacksmith once. Although it was not him who share the directions. Currently, they were trying to guess what Brian and his team would be releasing, but the owner himself kept quiet because no one would believe him if he says hairbrush.

Tomorrow is the last day of the quest. His daily revenue did increase after the group of Makoto visited, but he was still 300 gold short.

'I guess I'll just make excuses to the customers that the materials needed to forge Makaze are already impossible to find.' Brian has already on the point of acceptance.

He only did sell one of the supposed to be Specialty Products, and that was three days ago when Makoto and the group visited. Removing the attraction piece will only give a doubtful reaction.

'It's their fault for not buying it sooner. Makaze is a limited product.'

That is why he also decided to put up the Tranquility Brush on sale despite Richi barely forging it to an S grade. The consequences of putting it so early are still there, but what use would it be he cannot sell the katana and brush later on.

His trip to District 3 was successful. Brian was able to convince strangers to visit his shop later or any other day. However, he came home in a dejected manner. What he needs is a recharge of Paia Battery to bring him strength to look forward to the future.

"The number of new customers has increased by twice again today, Boss Bry. You are the most hardworking boss I had."

"You've also done well, Lucy. Tomorrow, our team will have dinner together in a fancy restaurant… You can also bring your sister."

"Thank you, Boss Bry!"

Lucy's eyes lit up gathering the attention of the curious crowd after they saw the infamous cold-hearted clerk of Nova saw a hint of emotion. Her human appearance is actually even beautiful for the eyes of the different monsters so some men just visit their blacksmith to get rejected by her.

Brian already knows her sister's condition after Lucy shared it willingly during one of their conversations. Since she was her boss and she also works diligently despite her cold attitude to customers, Brian gave her sister an opportunity to be out by providing them a Nova-made wheelchair.

It would be a lie if Brian told himself that he was not anticipating seeing Lucy's sister for the first time. Especially when almost half of the words that come out of Lucy is her praising Lulu.

"But why can I feel you're feeling sad, Boss Bry?"

"Just a little bit of problem… But you don't need to worry about me. Are the hairbrushes ready?"

"Richi have finished the first batch of ten brushes. Do I put it on the display?"

He nodded and ask the System to bring up a glass display. It was much smaller compared to the one beside it containing Makaze, but it does not look less enticing. The beauty of the simplicity crafted on the Tranquility Brush was in full display under the spotlight of Nova Blacksmith.

There were a lot of people present on the blacksmith at this time because of Brian's rumors. Many of them begun talking to one another taking a guess on what Lucy was bringing out hidden under a white cloth.

"Wow…? A hairbrush?"

"Is this a funny joke of Sir Blacksmith?"

"This is the new treasure our Blacksmith has created. Its name is Tranquility Brush. In every brush of it, you will feel a soothing effect in your body." Brian explains to the curious crowd.

He already decided to introduce himself as the owner since he does not need to run around anymore. Some familiar faces voiced out their complaints when the man who was insisting them to visit this place was actually a member of Nova. However, they immediately ignore it because they are still thankful for introducing Nova to them.

"What are you talking about Brian? No one sells their hairbrushes in a blacksmith." A goblin Brian met during the early days of his rumor spreading asked with a friendly tone of voice.

Not to be mistaken, no one in attendance hates Brian or anything. Some of them even jokingly asked for a shameless discount for the wares on their shelves.

Brian ignore their unreasonable request and went ahead and continue the answer to the first question. "This is not just your ordinary hairbrush. And I dare to say that it is the proudest work of our blacksmith. More than this Makaze here."

The way how Brian convince his customers was like a breath of fresh air compared to the cold answers of Nova's female clerk. It was Brian's words that made them walk so far in District 9 so it was not weird when they started believing it as the truth.

Although there were still doubts on a hairbrush that cost 5 gold… 5 GOLD! The most expensive brush they have seen did not cost more than 25 coppers. No one dared to use 5 gold carelessly even if their pockets can handle it.

Except for the initial shock, nothing really happened. So those people went back to what they were doing.

"It really won't sell despite it being five times cheaper compared to Makaze." Lucy whispered near her Boss.

"Well, at the end of the day, it is still a hairbrush…"

Brian bet both Lucy and Richie were wondering why he has given them the task to sell a hairbrush. No one actually used it yet except him and Paia. Even Richi was not curious enough to try it for himself.

To sell a few of those brushes, Brian thought he could put a notice that it was a limited edition for a day. One or two might buy it, but it was a forceful way and Brian does want it like that.

And there is also the fact Makaze would be gone at the same time as the Tranquility Brush.

These methods were just an afterthought of the already given up owner of Nova Inita. He had moved on to focusing on the non System provided creations.

"Why is my amazing neighbor looking so down." A hoarse voice that came from his first friend in their new life came from the recently opened door.

"Your business is booming, and you have that depressed face… By the way, how is my son doing?"

"Richi is happier than ever. He might even live back there if I won't remind him so."

"Smack him for me if he does that… And like I told you before, I brought some customers. But it looks like Nova is already popular even without help."

Countless dark figures reflect on the window Brian was gazing at. His view was supposed to be a good scenery of their peaceful road, but all he can see this time was the march of numerous wolves marching in towards their direction.

The sound of their heavy footsteps accompanied by armor clacking has covered their peaceful neighborhood. Brian has already lost count of how many were passing by his vision.

"This is where you got your sword, Rich? Looks a lot like a clothing store."

5