Ch. 43 – A Need For An Alchemy Master
64 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside District 8, a large company of wolves along with a couple of humans are lining up for the restaurant called Pharo. They line up for almost half an hour just to enter and wait another half an hour for a group of 18 to be able to sit.

"I never knew there was a famous restaurant in our neighborhood district."

"The dish called noodles is good in this place."

Brian ordered almost everything on the menu thrice of that amount because of his company today. It took 7 gold from his pockets to fill the bellies of everyone present.

Every member of Richi's family was present. Him and Raju were now drinking good alcohol after stuffing themselves with the new yet tasty meal they had. Brian also accompanied them with a mug in his hand.

"Paia looks extremely beautiful today. Where did you purchase those clothes… I've never seen like those."

"I've met someone selling it on their little shop."

Brian felt proud when Paia was the brightest star among the crowd inside the restaurant. Although it may be because Paia's glow was multiplied in his eyes.

Pharo Restaurant was very lively, especially during this time. He can even see some customers that had visited his blacksmith once. Their group was the strangest one especially because one girl was sitting on a wheelchair that looks unfamiliar for the age of magic.

"Thank you very much Sir Brian for inviting the handicapped me."

"You don't need to fret about it… Is our wheelchair doing good for you? Tell us if you need some adjustments."

Unlike Lucy who has hazel eyes and hair, Lulu her sister has crimson pair along with her silver hair that was twice the length of her sister's. She was very sickly just based on her appearance, but her aura was livelier compared to Lucy.

"Sir Brian's wheelchair is working exceptionally well for me. I cannot thank you enough."

"As long as the sister of my teammate is happy, then I am also happy."

Her condition was just like what Lucy had shared about. If it was not for Lucy taking care of her every possible moment, living would be impossible for Lulu.

From Brian's memories, only the strongest healing type which starts at Rank 7 in this world's standards can attempt to have Lucy fully recover. Not only would it be very expensive to hire a mage with the capabilities of such magic, but it would also be difficult to see one.

Raine enjoyed her time talking with the girls of the group, which made Brian happy that the sisters could find someone comfortable to be with. Raine is someone you can depend on when it comes to creating a good relationship for the other party.

"Paia is really improving so fast. She would be doing fine at school if you decide to enroll her in a school. She can be schoolmates with six of my kids."

"I will consider it for the future. Maybe next year after we create a firm stronghold in Soliel. For now, I'll let Paia enjoy her life while adapting here to the fullest…"

"It's your decision, but go do something with your living space first. Always makes me pray that no earthquake will occur."

Brian engraved their advice. It was always helpful to talk with fellow parents or adults when he has few acquaintances. He looked at his daughter who moved beside Rina to play with little toys with her.

The adults were having a good time and the kids were playing after dinner. All in all, it was a fun and chill atmosphere that surrounds the large group.

"Cheers to Brian and his Nova Blacksmith Success!"

"Cheers!"

***

Deep into the silent night, in a place where only those with noble status can reach. A servant was running back to report to his superior. It was unbelievably quiet in spite of his quickness in moving in the hallway.

After stopping in front of an unlocked door, he took a deep breath and prepared everything for what he is about to say.

"We've been able to secure both bodies of Phasmid Mantises. One is also in higher quality compared to the other."

"Hmm..."

"We got everything prepared. All we need now is an alchemy master to concoct a High-Grade Miracle Powder."

"Hmm… And did we find one?"

The servant was hesitating to answer the question. One wrong word and his job, or worse, his life will be gone.

"About that… There are rumors Grandmaster Steron came here to Soliel. If we can find him then it would be s-"

"But you still have not found him… Right?"

Cold sweat appeared from the servant's forehead. There was no source of light except the moonlight passing through the single window in the room. But it was enough for him to see the piercing red pupils staring at him.

The room's temperature dropped to below zero degrees yet he did not even dare to shiver visibly. A wind that can hit the very soul of a being was blowing wildly despite there was little room for wind to come in and out.

"Don't report anything until you convince Grandmaster Steron."

*Woosh* A strong gust of wind pushed the 100kg man outside. The door was also closed along with him.

He felt death looking over his side, but it went away in disappointment. The servant exhaled all the air in his lungs. He gave his God all the gratitude he could after he left his superior's presence alive.

With his task done, he immediately ran away with silent steps.

"Hmm…"

The birdwoman who was left behind went back to contemplating alone. Her red dress seems to have glowed in the beautiful darkness of serenity.

Even though she used magic to throw away her servant, she was not angry or anything. Rather, she was not feeling anything at all. It was not because she does not care about their situation, but it was because she already gave up on it.

Actually, she is the most affected by their current situation, but she forces herself to not think so. It was her father's life hanging by the thread. And all because of a curse with unidentifiable origins.

Emily, the only daughter of the King of the Avian race was sculpted as perfectly as she may be, but she was losing her heavenly beauty as stress kept piling on her. She tried lying to herself by accepting the inevitable.

Her servant did bring a piece of good news, but she herself know how impossible it was to invite an Alchemy Master like Grandmaster Steron. And besides the mysterious master who barely shows himself in public, Emily cannot think of anyone else having the capability to create the medicine that will save his father.

"Is there really no one… After we have found all the ingredients… Failing at the very last step."

She wants to express her anger and frustration, but she has been doing it for quite a while now. All her energy to even get mad was already gone.

They have tried everything they can do. They have bought almost all the city's supply of Miracle Powder although none of them was high grade. All it has done was delay what would happen and it may even just extend the suffering of her father.

In the first place, it was her own selfish reason why she was trying her best to keep her father alive because once he goes, she will be forced to marry within the year after she inherited the throne.

However, that was really just the second reason. In the end, she simply does not want to say goodbye to her father forever so soon.

She was the only child left after her siblings have either cut their ties or went away escaping the great responsibility of their family.

It was not an exaggeration if she says that she and her father are the only people left bearing their family name.

And without the means to create the medicine, and the effect of low-grade Miracle Powder losing its effectiveness, the time she will be the queen of her race would come sooner than later. She would also be the last Avian to officially have the name Caim.

5