Chapter 7 – Home Sweet Home
840 4 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alistair looked around. He was surprised that 1000 years in the future, the buildings were not very much different from what he remembered. 

He expected flying cars and sky cities. But everything looked so.... normal.

Elena reported the attacks on her and her clan members by the Shadow Blades. 

She informed the Hunters Association that Alpha was the one that rescued her, even though she was a top 10 ranker herself. 

However, she didn't inform them that she was poisoned and how Alpha cured her. 

At the Hunter Association local headquarters, Alistair went through a multitude of tests, especially testing if he was mutated, being a supposed returner.

He was also checked for any awakening abilities.

"Based on the tests, you don't have any mana or aura abilities at all" the male scientist named Dr Niles said

"What? Are you sure? The way he took out those Shadow Blades..." Elena said, having stayed around to find out more about Alpha. 

"Huh? Isn't it good that I'm not a mutant?" Alpha asked

"But...Don't you want to be a hunter again?" she asked

"I was never a hunter. I only hunted to survive. I am just happy to be home. Um...what year is it anyway?" Alpha asked

"It's 2029!" Dr Niles answered

Alistair stared at him in shock. Only 10 years had passed! Not 1000 years!

That means his parents, his family... even Jennifer might still be alive!

"That means..... can you send me somewhere?" Alpha asked

"Er.. ok. Where do you want to go?" Elena asked

He was rated as not having abilities, but she still felt indebted for saving her life.

"Home! Of only 10 years have passed! My parents should still be alive" he said

"What is your real name?" the scientist asked

"My real name is Alistair Ramsey! My father is Thomas Ramsey. He owns an architect firm in Seattle Washington. My mother is Elizabetta Rossell-Ramsey, a psychiatrist" he said nervously.

"Alistair Ramsey...Yes... you were recorded as dead in 2019... over the Bermuda triangle. It is reported here that you were sucked out of the plane!" Dr Niles said excitedly as he did a quick search on the internet

"What about the plane? What about my girlfriend Jennifer Raymond?" Alistair asked

"The plane landed safely with half the roof ripped off. Bermuda Airlines went bankrupt after all the lawsuits and failing the safety reevaluation. As for your girlfriend Mr Raymond. It says here she is married and is a schoolteacher at Clinton High School" Dr Niles said

"Oh! Then.. I guess I'll only go and see my parents" he said, deciding to leave Jennifer alone since she was already married.

He was disappointed if course. But he was presumed dead after being sucked out of a plane. 99.9% of the time, he would have been killed.

But since she already has a new life, it was best he didn't intrude in her marriage.

He smiled, noting that she was teaching at their old high school. 

"Come, I'll drive you" Elena said and brought him to her car.

It was a gorgeous Aston Martin DBS Superleggera, but Alpha only knew it was a cool looking sports car.

"Wow! You drive this?" he asked

"One of the privileges of being a top Hunter. Are you sure you won't apply?" Elena asked

"No. I've been fighting for too long. I just want some time to rest. Maybe after a while, I might apply" he said

Elena looked at his half naked body rippling with power.

"Um.. do you want to buy some clothes before going home? Maybe a haircut?" Elena asked, subconsciouly biting her bottom lip. She still remembered his taste in her mouth.

"No. I want to go home as soon as possible" he said

"Ok" Elena said, smiling as she drove off and simultaneously made a phone call to make arrangements.

--

They took a private jet from LA to Seattle which took just over 2 hours.

Alistair realized that Elena was something like a famous celebrity or something as the treatment she received was akin to a VVIP.

A limo picked them up and brought him directly to his house as he requested.

Elena could see he was anxious.

"Are you ok? Do you want me to stay here with the car?" she asked

"No... Thank you for everything. After all these years.... I'm finally home" he said

"Well..  good luck. Here's my card if you need anything. You can call the Hunters Association branch too. I will put in a word for you" she said

"Ok thanks. I... I have to go" Alistair said, keeping her card under his waistband.

Elena smiled as she watched him walk up to the door.

He turned around and waved to the limo as Elena departed, realizing he needed to be alone.

He stood there for a moment, wearing only a leather kilt and boots made of an earth dragon skin, with his sword and dagger in his sheaths made of a basilisk's skin to keep them well steeped in poisoned. His hair was long that went down half his back.

He truly looked like a barbarian. Perhaps he should have taken up Elena's offer for a haircut and to get him a suit. 

No, it was too late for that. He was here now.

He rang the doorbell. It was close to dinner time. Hopefully his parents were home.

The door opened, and to his surprise, Jennifer opened the door.

"Who is it?" she asked, looking at this strange muscular barbarian

It was then she recognized Alistair, her hands covering her mouth as she crumpled on the ground staring at him.

"Jennifer? What's the matter?" his mother came running, concerned about what happened to her as she looked at the muscular man at the door.

She stumbled over her own feet and was about to fall.

"Mom!" Alistair moved suddenly, to catch his mother who had fainted

His father stood with his eyes bulging from his eye sockets in disbelief

"S.s..Son?" he stammered, looking at the familiar yet unfamiliar face.

He thought he lost Alistair at 17 years old, but now as a magnificent specimen of a man at 27 years old, he still recognized his face.

Their son had returned!

 

26