Chapter 11 – Tests and A New Mission
739 3 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alistair was flown to Las Angeles where the SCP had a secret base in the outskirts of LA

General Ranquest met him there as he went through a barrage of physical and mental tests. 

They took basic readings and the doctors found that he was in perfect physical condition. 

The treadmill tests showed that he had endless stamina and his heartrate was incredibly low and steady, even when running past the capabilities of the machines to stress him out.

Blood and urine tests showed that he wasn't on any drugs of any kind. 

He easily maxed out all the gym equipment that the scientists had no more weights to add on. 

Finally, the General put him through several tests that would test the toughest soldiers.

He was put instantly through the marine hell week to test his physical and mental limits.

He seemed to take to the training easily and was completely relaxed throughout the week. 

For this, he trained for five days and five nights straight with only 4 hours of sleep total was not even an issue for Alistair.

After all, he fought the vampires for a decade with barely any sleep. 

They put him through the Navy Seal drown proofing exercise where his hands were tied up behind his back, and his legs tied together then thrown into a 9 foot pool to do 5 challenges.

He bobbed up and down 60 times, float on his back for 20 minutes, dolphin swim across the olympic sized pool 20 times then did a forward somersault, a backward somersault 20 times in a row and and picked up 20 rings on the pool floor with his teeth.

The examiners were so impressed seeing him do it so effortlessly and perfectly that they passed him instantly.

For Alistair, he practically lived underwater for a few years, conquering the mermaids and hunting the kraken in the demon realm.

Since they couldn't think of any more grueling tests, they passed him and was congratulated by the general.

"Congratulations. Even hunters who have enhanced physiques wouldn't have such an easy time doing those tests" the General saida

"Thank you sir" Alistair said, glad the boring tests were over. He wanted to get some food as he had been starved for over a week too.

Finally, he was brought to meet his team and was introduced them one by one as well as their abilities.

He recognized the first pretty face as Venessa, who picked him up from his house.

"My name is Venessa, code name Phantom. I am a D Ranker and I have the ability to turn invisible" she saluted.

Next to her was a pretty redhead

"My name is Judy. Code name Dorothy. I am a B Ranker with the ability to summon 3 monsters, a scary scarecrow with a scythe I named Scarecrow. He can cast fear hallucination effect on his enemies. The second is an iron golum I named Tin Man. The third is a werelion I called the Cowardly Lion. I named him that because he dares not defy any of my orders" she saluted.

Next in line was an average looking man with messy hair

"My name is Marvin. I am a C Ranker and I am a werewolf, nickname Wolfman" he saluted

The next in line was a beautiful brunette who wore slacks and a singlet without a bra underneath.

"My name is Tyler, codename Aqua, I am a B Ranker and I can control water and turn myself into water form" she saluted

A skinny man in glasses was next

"My name is Jeffry, nickname Techno. I am a D ranker and I can mentally communicate with machines" he saluted

Lastly there was was a pretty blonde wearing army overalls

"My name is Angela, nicknamed Rubberdoll. I can stretch and warp my body like a rubber person and I am a C Ranker" she said with a salute

"Hello everyone. My name is Alistair, and my nickname is Alpha. I look forwards to working with all of you.

I assume we should start training, getting to know each other's abilities and figure out how to use them together" Alistair said.

"No time for that. We have a mission in the middle east that has troubled us for some time now. You can learn about each other on the job" General Ranquest said

"Yes sir!" Alistair saluted as the General passed him a brief.

He smile reading the folder

"What is the mission?" Wolfman asked

"We're going hunting" Alistair said

--

Within hours, they were on a plane to the middle east.

To Alistair's surprise, they were all skimpily dressed besides Techno.

They were all wearing black army pants, but Wolfman's top was just a black singlet like Alpha.

This was because Wolfman would turn into a werewolf, where wearing shirts were uncomfortable, and Alpha practically never wore a top for a millennia! 

Alistair carried his bone dagger by his right hip, while his bone sword hung on his back. 

The three girls Phantom, Dorothy, Rubberdoll and Aqua wore the same black singlets and Techno wore a proper black army jacket. 

Their mission was to hunt down large monster wolves that had been terrorizing the troops and locals in the Afghanistan cave systems. 

They landed in one of the US military bases and rested for a day after the long journey from the US. 

Alpha was the only one not tired and talked to the many soldiers that have fought the monsters and survived. 

From their descriptions, the monster wolves reminded Alpha of the demon wolves he faced in his first few days in the demon realm. 

They had pitch black hair that seemed to be too thick for bullets to penetrate, and they had glowing red eyes.

They were also each as large as an army truck, but able to move fast and agilely as they attacked in large packs. 

The military believe that there may be an undiscovered portal somewhere in the caves of Afghanistan.

Alpha's team was sent to investigate.

Late that night, it was a full moon and Alpha noticed that Wolfman seemed to be fidgeting a bit as the team sat around a fireplace.

"Are you ok?" Alpha asked

"Yes Captain, It's just that I have a hard time controlling my urges for violence during a full moon" he said

"Then you don't have to hold back for long. They are here" Alpha smiled

"Huh? You can sense them? Even my nose...." Wolfman said as suddenly loud howls came from all over, surrounding the army base.

The howls were so loud many of the soldiers had to close their ears.

But Alpha only smiled. He had faced a dragon's roar at point blank range, so he found these tactics cute, like a newborn kitten trying to act tough. 

"Ready team! Prepare for battle" Alpha said as the team rushed to lock and load their standard military automatic rifles.

The base went into high gear as the other soldiers scrambled to get ready.

Machine guns from the towers started firing as huge black creatures with glowing red eyes jumped over the fences, smashing into the towers and snapping their jaws on the defending soldiers.

The team looked to their Captain to await his orders, but he disappeared and only his voice was heard

"Have fun!" his voice sounded as a huge wolf head flew to the air and landed  on the firepit they had sat around, the Volkswagen beetle sized head snuffing out the fire!

26