Chapter 4
2.5k 3 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~ Diana's new little house ~

Diana POV:

Okay... okay, shouldn't be too difficult to leave this house and check out how Arendelle looks, shouldn't be hard... It shouldn't be, but it is.

It's just a new world, that I know close to nothing about, ah, I wish, that they showed the world of Frozen in the films more, but I can't complain, I chose this after all.

Ah, whatever, let's just go, no thinking, no regrets.

I grip the door handle, but I stop... Yeah, I should probably freshen up and change my clothing before I go out.

Okay, let's check this house out.

Bedroom, check, small bed, not even enough for two people, which makes sense, drawers, empty... Sad.

Kitchen, check, well the kind that is of its time... a small cauldron for soup of some kind and a few antique looking bowls, a furnace for warmth and obviously to put the cauldron on, so I could eat heated food...

Damn, now that I am here, I wish that I wished for a few modern things instead. Well, at least I got some potatoes.

Bathroom... check, uh kind of, there's only a big barrel to put hot water in and then get inside of it... not gonna lie, I actually like it, it's like a mini sauna, sweet, but time-consuming.

Guess I ain't going to be fully clean when I first go out to see the world, lets just take one antique bowl, heat some warm water on the furnace, ah, first heat the furnace with wood, how convenient, there's everything for one week of use.

This is going to take quite some time... ah, what the heck, let's just clean myself with cold water, and the furnace might as well heat so that the house could be warmer... I can't feel the cold... Fuck.

Well, it seems that the furnace will be the decor of this empty house, I need to make space for a smaller fire, so I could hang the cauldron instead for food. That's for later though.

Now that I am clean from the dry blood leftovers, we can finally set out on the journey and all previous nervousness was lost during the house tour.

Here we are again, with the handle in my hand, this time, however, there's no stopping me. I open the door and step out.

Huh? Why am I on the ground, cradling my head. It hurts so much, breathe, in and out, in and out.

Okay, okay, the pain is disappearing, now, what happened, I look around and as I spot the Arendelle castle, I realize what happened, the whole castle is surrounded by dark blue... aura? But in one area, in particular, the aura is black in color. Elsa's room, it has to be.

So, I guess, the intake of all the magic around me for the first time, hit me harder than I expected, it's good that I didn't black out again, if it happened, I think, I would've spent more time unconscious than being conscious. I look around and there's no other magic than Elsas.

Except for my house, it has a magic aura around it... Is it because of me being there? Since, technically, I have magic, even if it's minuscule... I step inside the house again, no, it's the house, I can't feel Elsa's magic anymore, huh, I guess the house blocks out any magic or at least Elsa's ice magic... Neat.

Well, alrighty then, let's walk around and see if anything happens. It's a nice, warm day, well for me, others are wearing light clothing, but with jackets or whatever it is that they call their clothing around here. I need a friend, so I could talk and understand more about this place and its culture.

Well, I am not that close to the castle, which is good, I get to do my thing with more safety, I don't think I'd go unnoticed by the guards for that long, since the few people I've seen, all stared at me, maybe my unique modern clothes... Or it might be my blood-red hair. Both. Still can't believe that the house had the bare minimum required for survival, but no clothes.

Wait... I don't have any clothes... I don't have any money... I need a job. Well damn, any kind of adventure will have to wait, need to find something to do, so I could actually live past the week.

Okay, what could I do? Maybe some sort of street art? Since Arendelle in the future does a lot of outside activity with Elsa's ice... Yeah, I will have to stop half of that, she's like a zoo animal, like a parade... Not on my watch.

What's more realistic... I did work a summer part-time job at a restaurant, hmm, hmm... Maid, Would that be appropriate for this time? But a maid is for royals and nobles... And I don't think I could work efficiently in the castle as it is, with Elsa's magic going haywire.

So just a normal barmaid? Yeah, yeah, that's good, let's find myself a decently looking bar? tavern? ah, whatever it is and ask for work. It will also somewhat prepare me for the maid job in the future.

Narrator POV:

And so, Diana set out to look around every building in search of an inn to work at, while looking around the area and gawking at the architecture, looking at the scenery she missed a few of such places. But instead of going back, she thought of asking somebody for directions.

As she approaches a few younger people, they just stare at her and run off, which left her confused, so she tries again with older people, they do the same, leaving her perplexed.

So instead of asking people outside when they can run away, she goes inside an inn, she spotted, to inquire why are people running away from her.

As she goes inside, the people inside look towards the entrance, to see who is it that walked in, what they see makes them freeze. But the girl isn't paying attention to anybody except for the barkeep, so she goes to him, everybody and everything is silent.

The girl finally makes her walk towards the barkeep, who is starting to sweat and wants to try and run away, but he can't because the girl starts to speak.

"Hello, my name is Diana, could I ask you a few questions?" A soothing voice is what everybody hears, it makes everybody relax, but only a little, everybody is still staring at the interaction.

"Uhm... Uhm..." The barkeep is a stuttering mess, but he's gladly saved by a barmaid.

"Of course, honey, you can ask questions, but why ask that scared embarrassment? Ask me instead" Says the barmaid.

"That's pretty rude... But okay" Diana says and turns her attention towards the woman and her eyes widen, the only thought coming to her mind is...Is this Oaken the shopkeeper's sister or something?

This makes sense, for the barmaid, is huge, with straight brown hair and blue eyes, with muscles showing everywhere.

Diana snaps out of her momentary shock and starts with the questioning.

"So... Why is everybody silent? Why do people run away from me outside? I just want to ask people some directions" Diana questions.

"Oh... Well, it's your hair... Red, it's the color of evil. So you having hair like that, pretty sure it puts most people on edge, but it doesn't make any difference to little old me, I've seen a lot"

Diana POV:

Seriously, I just wanted red hair, now I am here, stuck, viewed as a walking, breathing, evil symbol. what the hell.

"Listen, lady, I am far from evil and I love my hair, I ain't letting anybody squander it"

"Hey, I just answered your question"

"Uh, fine, anyway, do you know where I could find some work? I wouldn't mind working as a barmaid"

"Well good for you, you can work here," The barmaid says, but doesn't get to finish her statement as she's interrupted by the tavern keep.

"Hey, hey, Rosa, what are you doing, if she works here, we won't get any customers and our inn will be hailed as an evil keeping workplace"

"Oh, shush, this girl couldn't hurt a moth, how is she evi-"

"Yes I could actually, they are quite annoying," I say innocently.

"Uh... That doesn't help your case... But anyway, she isn't evil, look how cute she is, I actually like her hair, it looks quite good on her"

"But..."

"But nothing, Elrik, the girl can and will work here," Rosa says to the tavern keep that's now named Elrik and then faces me.

"So, girly, you said your name is Diana? You can work here, I will see you here tomorrow, early morning, now, I would like to get you to know better, for insurance, you can say" Wow, that's blunt.

"Yeah, okay, the least I could do, is answer some of your questions and let you know a little about myself for a chance to work, I got no money"

"Great, follow me," Rosa says turning around, but before I could follow her, she turns around and screams.

"Stop staring and go back to your job, which is drinking, spending your money and make me richer, you drunks" Rosa finishes and leaves, I follow her, she's quite a woman, goes against the presumed 'evil' and just doesn't seem to give a fuck.

~ End of Chapter 4 ~

70