New Ideas
33 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rachel's Mom POV

    When I re-entered my room and sat in the chair in the corner, I thought to myself, "There is clearly something wrong with her. I have no idea what it was.". Maybe it has to do with her true parents, I thought to myself.Rachel's true parents would never be revealed to me, as I promised myself. My next question is, "Why do I do that?"?. Rachel's true heritage wouldn't bring the world to a halt if she discovered it. It might make her so angry that her latent powers might come to life and cause trouble. What exactly were those powers? They are completely unknown to me. Those specifics were never disclosed to me.  Later, I went to the attic after leaving the room. I was sorting through all the stuff my father and I have collected over the years. Let me tell you, that was a lot of information. I spend five minutes looking through his collection of miniature figures and old comics... Such as the first appearances of really famous characters. I had no idea who half of them were... So they must not have been so famous. I then found a letter my grandfather received from Victor Emmanuel III1Victor Emanuel was the final king of italy.I was looking for a very specific box. In this box were some notes from the people that we adopted Rachel from. I might have forgotten something they said about Rachel.  There was no doubt that the girl was not human. My opinion of her did not change as a result. Until my last breath, she was my girl, and I would be her protector. My grandfather had a picture signed by FDR2FDR means Franklin D. Roosevelt, The 32nd President of the United States that I looked at. In the picture, my father and the president are smiling as they talk in the oval office. Grandfather worked for FDR as secretary of state. The attic steps had someone approaching them and I called out to see who it was. As Derrick walked up the stairs and looked at me with a confused look, he said, "It is just me, Elizabeth.". Elizabeth, what are you doing up here, he asked me with concern in his eyes.

  My reply to him is, "I just need something."
  He asks me, "What are you looking for?"
  "Files from her birth" I answered, "Whose... " he says before realizing what I am talking about
  "Why are you looking for that" Asks my husband as I continue looking through the books
  "Because her she showed some powers" I respond to him
  He looks at me with a mix of anger and confusion "Why did you not come get me" He asks me as he puts his hands on his hips
  "It just happened a few minutes ago," I said trying to make him feel better as he looked at me with a smile. Next time, he suggests just making sure he knows about anything like this. "Of course I will," I say to my husband as I motion for him to come up and help me find something that would help. He helps me look for a few minutes until he finds something. "What is it" I ask him as he shakes his head indicating that he does not know what it is. "It looks like a letter" I said to him

  "It does look like a letter...But what does it say" He asked me
  "I don't know...Is it in Greek?" I say to him
  "It looks like greek," He says to me. Reading the text, he tries to recall his old lessons from high school.
  "Can you tell me what it is saying" I ask him. My husband shakes his head sincerely saying he has no idea what it means. "I wonder if there is an app that can translate this for me," I say, searching through my phone to find one that can translate the text. I found an app after five minutes.   I look at my husband and say, "I don't understand why she didn't just write it in English.". An expression of confusion appears on his face. 

"I do not know," My husband says and then he looks through what the translator says. The document that he is looking at says


Birth Certificate and Notes

The name of the person is Rachel Bern (English given name).
Fairfax, Virginia, is where she was born
Dad: Unknown (probably Durthrun)
Mother: Rose Bern
Notes
Half Demon, half Human
Almost certainly evil
Shows signs of magic and abilities including telekinesis, umbrakinesis, and others
Need to consult a demonologist
A holy water treatment suppresses her powers
There seems to be a split personality disorder
The constant conflict between her human and demon halves

0