Chapter 7: The Part After The Level Up Where You Check Everything
343 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Both Bee and I stood still, completely shocked. We were both staring at the comically large boulder that my magic had thrown straight at the boss, which was deeply embedded into the Dungeon’s ceiling now. If it weren’t for the blood dripping down the rock, I would’ve thought it was always like that. 

“Bravo, bravo!” The old man came walking in, slowly clapping. “That’s a big rock. That… that is genuinely huge. Last I checked Rock Golems were Physical monsters. Well, I won’t pry further. You can’t even tell me anyways. You have no mouth!”

Oh, I forgot he existed. I wonder what his deal is anyways. Why is he here? He said this is a beginner Dungeon, and he’s clearly not a beginner. “Oh, what’s this. Are you think something, Golem?” I think he really can read my mind. “My guess is that you’re wondering why I knew you guys were finished.” 

What? No. Maybe he can’t read my mind after all. “You see, Dungeons have this neat little thing where the System provides real-time footage of battles between a boss and its challengers. Let me tell you, hoo boy, that was quite the fight.” Huh. That’s quite the cool feature. Except what would be recording the fight? I looked around, trying to see if there’s anything that would hint at something.

“Magic. That’s how. Dungeons have access to mysterious magics. No one can really figure them out. Now then, my inner clock is telling me it’s nighttime. I’m going to make camp and sleep, and you two can… well, do what monsters do, I guess. I’m going to guess the bee will meditate on your head, and you’re going to check your status, the bee’s status, and my status. You sure love using Appraisal.” Huh? How did he know? “Live long enough, and you’ll notice when someone is looking at a screen. Most of the time, it’s Appraisal. Anyways, I’m off to rest. We’ll continue the dungeon crawl tomorrow. Good night, have fun appraising.”

He quickly propped up a tent and went inside while Bee took their usual spot atop my head. This left me in a large room with nothing to do. Maybe I will appraise a bunch of things. Starting with me. I did level up.

Status

General Information

Name: Unknown
Age: 0 years old
Race: Rock Golem
Level: 14
Current DUR: 358
Current MP: 188

Statistics

Physical
DUR: 358
SP: Not Applicable
STR: 170
DEF: 278
AGI: 127

Magical
MP: 160
INT: 646
FOR: 170
CST: 170
LUC: 258

Skills (10)

Unique Skills
The Library (3/5)

Racial Skills
Inner Core
Rock Body (Permanent)

Granted Skills
Appraisal (1/3)
Calculation
Earth Magic
Hivemind (Leader)
Language Comprehension

Learned Skills
Assimilation
Meditation

Titles (7)

Soulbound Titles
Broken (Unactivate)
Hive Queen
Mask Of Curiosity
Reincarnator

Earned Titles
Cognitive Monster
Dungeon Monster (Active)
Roaming Boss (Active)

674 INT. 674. 600+74. I have a feeling that’s not normal. I’m going to ignore that by looking at my new Skills and Titles. Let’s start with Hive Queen. That one has me thinking.

Hive Queen

You are the Queen of the Hive, either born as one or raised to the position by another. Gain Hivemind (Leader). Grant Hivemind (Member) to any creature that recognises you as their Queen. Increase all stats by 5 for each level. Exclusive to Bee species, unless a Queen Bee or higher declares their loyalty to a non-Bee individual.

“My child, how much you’ve grown. Go to the outside world, and create your own Hive, for now I pronounce you no longer a Princess, but now a Queen.” - Estorel, The Great Empress Bee

So Bee is a Queen Bee or higher. That’s interesting to know. It might explain why they were stronger than the rest of the bees that came to fight us. The +5 is… aren’t I secretly overpowered? Are stat increasing skills that common? Reincarnator privilege? What do I even mean by reincarnator privilege? You know what, onto the next thing.

Hivemind (Leader)

You can connect your mind to the minds of other living beings who consent. You can telepathically communicate with members of the Hivemind. You may grant a member of the Hivemind a Granted or Learnt skill you own. You can view the full Statuses of Hivemind members.

Current members: Bee.

“We are stronger as One.” - Estorel, The Great Empress Bee 

Oh. Well, that’s convenient. I have a way to communicate… except only with Bee. Might as well try. Testing, testing. Can you hear me, Bee?

What do you want, my Queen?

Nothing, really. Also, stop calling me Queen.

Understood, my Liege.

Is it me, or does Bee have a large vocabulary for a bee? I should really give Bee a better name. Also, since they’re a Queen Bee, does that mean she’s female? Wait… is she even a Queen Bee? There’s a chance she’s higher. I’ll check her status after I’m done seeing the new things.

Earth Magic

You are capable of casting Earth Magic. Spells will be listed under this Skill. Increase Magical stats by 2 for each level.

Current Known Spells: 
Rock Bullet: 30 MP.

That is… oddly vague. Does this mean I can just come up with spell after spell? Do I just have complete control over earth? I need to find out the limits. Ooh… this gets my mind going. But first, time to see the upgrades for both Appraisal and The Library.

Appraisal

You are able to see the Status of anything. This is upgraded every 10 levels for up to 3 upgrades.
Upgrade 1: More detail and the difference in stats are shown.

“The first thing you should do when meeting someone is find out what they can do. After that is a matter of opinion.” - Unknown, The Phantom Assassin.

 

The Library

Grants access to a mental library that has every text to have ever existed in this world within its walls. Grants a random Information-based Skill every 5 levels. Increase INT by 10 for each level you have. The Library is upgraded every 5 levels for up to 5 upgrades.
Upgrade 1: Non-fiction books are now sorted by subject, and fiction books are sorted by genre.
Upgrade 2: Books can now be taken out of the Library, and other living beings may enter with your permission.

A man who can equal the strength of a country is only a threat to the country he is in, but a man who can equal the knowledge of a country is a threat to the world, regardless of location. - Wallord Forren, The Conqueror of Cassol

More detail and stat differences. You become more useful by the day Appraisal! I don’t know what it means by more detail, though. Upgrade 2 for The Library seems useful, time to test it out. Hey Bee, I’m going to test something, so please stay on my head.

Got it, my Monarch. Bee changed the title again. Whatever. Before I go, I’ve gotta check the old man is truly slee- and I can hear him snoring. Loudly. Guess it’s safe. The Library!

Once again, I found myself face to face with the reception like area, with Metis sitting upon the desk, kicking her feet to and fro. “Huh. About time you got back. I was getting lonely. By the way, congrats on the whole Bee thing and battle. You looked really cool. I can see you’ve levelled up and unlocked the whole friend upgrade. Soon you’ll unlock me, and we’ll be Gucci.”

Gucci?

“Slang. Forget about it.”

Oh, since I’m here, I might as well see what Appraisal means by more detail. Appraisal!

Due to Goddess interference, the individual Metis cannot be Appraised.

Damn you, Goddess!

“Did you just try to Appraise me?”

Yeah.

“Oh well, that would fail. In this form, I’m not part of the System.”

That makes sense.

“Anyways, don’t you have a friend to tend to?”

Huh?

“The bee.”

Oh yeah, Bee. I looked up and saw Bee hovering above me, staring at the shelves upon shelves located within the Library. My Lorddess, where are we?

The Library. It’s a Unique skill of mine. Keep it a secret, okay.

I will take it with me to the grave, my Sovereign.

Stop it with the titles.

No, my Highness. That is one thing I will not do.

Fine. We’re exiting now, okay.

Understood, my Ruler.

I walked through the portal that led back to the real world, back in the boss room where the old man had set up camp. Fortunately, he was still asleep. Now then, time to Appraise Bee, who had gone back to meditating on my head.

Status

General Information

Name: Bee
Age: 2 years old
Race: Meditating Bee
Level: 8
Skills: 6 (1 U, 2 R, 2 G, 1 L)
Titles: 4 (1 S, 3 E)

Statistics

Physical
HP: 197 (+161)
SP: 78
STR: 115 (+55)
DEF: 182 (+96)
AGI: 119 (+8)

Magical
MP: 122 (+38)
INT: 203 (+443)
FOR: 144 (+26)
CST: 114 (+56)
LUC: 104 (+126)

Skills

Unique Skills
Hive: Mammoth

Racial Skills
Meditation
Sting

Granted Skills
Hivemind (Member)
Size Change

Learned Skills
Immovable Stance

Titles

Soulbound Titles
Mutant Monster: Midget

Earned Titles
Dungeon Monster
Hive Member
Loyal Retainer

 

So Bee levelled up too. The numbers on the side must be the differences, and I see what it means by more detail. Seems I’m looking at this, might as well skim through the skills. I’m going to leave Bee’s Unique skill last, that sounds interesting.

Sting

Cost: 15 SP.
Use your stinger for an attack. You deal 10 times more DMG. 

 

Hivemind (Member)

You are connected to the mind of a being with Hivemind (Leader). You can telepathically communicate with members of their Hivemind.
Current Leader: Unnamed Golem.

“We are stronger as One.” - Estorel, The Great Empress Bee 

 

Size Change

You can freely change your size. You keep your stats regardless of size.

 

Immovable Stance

You cannot be moved. Increase DEF and FOR by 5 for each level while immobile. This effect can be turned off.

Sting… that… that seems overpowered. Then again, it only did 10 DMG to me with it, so… how does the whole DEF and STR thing work? INT and FOR too. Hivemind is… what I expected it to be. Size Change explains why it can change sizes, although is there a limit? Immovable Stance explains why it sticks to my head. Now then, for the dessert. Her Unique skill.

Due to being a Work In Progress, the Unique Skill Hive: Mammoth cannot be Appraised.

… what? Work in progress? Goddess, are you slacking? Does this mean Statuses are updated in real-time by some outside entity? I guess I’ll wait for Hive: Mammoth to be done, in the meantime, Bee’s titles!

Mutant Monster: Midget

You were born smaller than your peers due to mutations. Gain Size Change. Increase all Physical stats by 3 for each level. 

 

Hive Member

You are the member of a Hive. Gain Hivemind (Member). If you have joined the Hive by swearing loyalty, gain Loyal Retainer.

 

Loyal Retainer

You have sworn the utmost level of loyalty to someone, and will remain loyal till the day you die. Gain 25% of the stats of who you have sworn loyalty to. Should you ever break this loyalty, lose 75% of your stats and all of your non-Unique skills.

Midget explains a lot, and Hive Member seemed pretty self-explanatory. Loyal Retainer… uwaah. That’s... that’s really good. The penalty though… rough. Well then… that’s everything, I guess. I do have a new question though. Time to add it to the list.

  1. How to get fingers? (Priority)
  2. How to get a mouth or some way to communicate? (Maybe priority)
  3. Where am I? (Not that important)
  4. How do I level up? (Clearly not by killing)
  5. How to kill that bee? I became its friend.
  6. What do I look like? (Rocks, probably)
  7. Why is the Goddess interfering? (Maybe it’s about curiosity and the cat)
  8. What kind of name is Elgenhein? (Old Wizard Man Elf Thing, probably)
  9. How do I remember these questions? (Magic?)
  10. How did Bee get her Unique Skill? (Is she actually female?)
  11. How is Bee above a Queen Bee? (Appraisal told me nothing)
So this was long than expected. I was going to split it, but nah. Also, help, I still have no idea how to name chapters.

15