Chapter 40 – Stalker
5.1k 3 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Susy and Rita made their way to the market as they talked.

"Big sis, I am quite jealous of you seeing how well Jack takes care of you, hehe!" Susy said with a smile.

"Wha!" Rita blushed out of embarrassment recalling the previous incident. She then heard her say, "I wonder if Milo will also take care of me in the future…"

Milo? Rita's face fell thinking their relationship had not remained so pure anymore. It had completely become immoral. Susy's innocent thoughts wouldn't even reach reality…

Susy saw her blushing yet the anxious expression on her downcast face. So she pinched her cheek and berated, "Big sis, I don't know what you are worried about since noon, but I am sure the problem isn't worth it!"

"How many times do we have to tell you to not fret over every single thing?" Susy added and pulled her cheek even more as she knew her worrywart personality. "And what's there to worry about now that your son has returned in one piece?... You know, no one can match you in that worrying department!"

"Hehe!" Her cute actions made Rita giggle as if she was a younger sister comforting her elder sister.

She was right, Rita thought. Since Jack returned, she had always seen love and affection in his eyes for her. Whenever he was at home, he would give all his attention and care to her… If she just ignored that single thing, everything was alright.

And the solution she already knew was to talk to him about it and stop their immoral acts.

"Who is worried? I simply cannot get worried when you are around, hehe!" Rita said and Susy released her cheek.

"Hump! Weren't you just now?"

A playful smile emerged on Rita's face, "No need to get jealous now, Jack also cares for you!" she blurted, making Susy blush.

"Wh-what are you saying all of a sudden? Don't twist the conversation…" she said flusteredly.

"Hm, I never saw him get that angry since he returned," Rita said and Susy understood what she was talking about. Jack had gotten angry on behalf of her and even shooed those troublesome people away.

Her cheeks reddened even more and she became silent due to embarrassment. Yet, she desperately held her lips from curling up as sweetness tingled her heart.

While Rita started thinking about what she should say to Jack. But his voice rang in her head the next moment, making her smile wryly, "You are already mine, there is no turning back!"

...

The sky was engulfed in an orange hue and it was already starting to get dark. The shadows that stretched long were the mischief of the sun, it seemed. And there were three such stretched humanoid shadows in the backyard of Susy's house, two small and one large. All were standing.

"Pff, hahaha!! Big brother, you can't even spin the top!" the medium-sized shadow said as it waved its hands as if making fun of someone.

"Wait a minute, will ya? I'm starting to get the hang of it…" the longest shadow said as its hands appeared to be doing something.

Jack was invited here by the two as they wanted to show him their toys. He agreed as he didn't have to do anything and he couldn't leave them alone as they both were adept at initiating a quarrel.

"Yes, wait a minute, stupid Milo!" the small petite shadow berated the medium shadow.

"What did you say?"

"Hum, you two! Don't start fighting again!" Jack held Milo back before he could start a quarrel. Miti cutely stuck out her tongue to ridicule Milo to which he threatened, "Hump! Just you wait, let mom return…"

But he was cut off halfway by Jack, "Look, I will spin this for sure now!" he said as he held the tomato-sized wooden top in his three fingers. A string was coiled around it and the end of the string was tied to his middle finger. 

Until now, he was having a hard time adjusting his strength, so he couldn't spin it. This would be his nth attempt. He did the standard motion of throwing the top to throw it onto the wooden sheet placed before them.

And it finally started spinning.

"Wooo!!" *Clap* *Clap* And both the fluffs cheered.

"You did it big brother even though you took two hours! Hehehe!" Milo mocked exaggeratingly before running into the house to bring something as he said, "Wait a minute!"

And Jack smiled as his gaze turned towards the setting sun. This big guy was going to hide behind those mountains, he thought. The multiple shades of orange were intriguing which gave the atmosphere serene vibes, and tranquility to Jack's heart. He had always found the sun to be beautiful after coming out from the Dark Woods where he couldn't enjoy the soothing sunlight.

Just like his backyard, Susy's backyard had vegetable plants and a well. But in addition, it also had various types of flower plants that contributed to making the air fragrant.

Miti started mumbling a melody as she coiled the string to the top. Milo returned with an even bigger wooden top in his hands. "Big brother, try this!" He handed it to Jack. It was comparable to two adult fists in volume and its string was also thick.

"Again?"

"I can't spin it, only mom can…" Milo said expectantly while Miti also looked at him. So Jack tried to spin it with the same force he had applied previously, only to fail.

"Hehe! Big brother, do it with all your strength like grandpa! He pulls it like a swish and then it spins fast like Grrrrrrrrr!!!"

"I should use all my strength?" Jack smiled mischievously.

"Of course!" Milo said as he thought that the top would spin even more rapidly with his strength. He became more excited.

"You asked for it!" Jack said with a smirk when he was done coiling. He threw the top and pulled the string with a considerable amount of strength as his hand appeared to be blurred.

*Woosh!*

And the top disappeared! Jack saw it flying in the sky.

The two fluffs looked at the surroundings and they couldn't see where the top had gone. "Huh, where is it?" Milo asked.

"It's gone!"

"Where?"

Jack pointed towards the sky.

And as he slowly understood, colors drained from Milo's face as his mouth hung agape. "N-no way! Mom will get mad!" Milo stared at the sky in disbelief and Miti burst out laughing seeing this, "Ehehehehe!"

Two beautiful figures walked among the bustling crowd of the market with canvas bags in their hands. 

Susy wore a tight yellow outfit with a long-sleeved blouse and a skirt while Rita wore a modest green one, which accentuated their beauties to stand out in the crowd.

There were street stalls of vegetables, fruits, meat, and other commodities. The street vendors screamed their product prices while people flocked around them.

And even though the two beauties stood out, no one even tried to give them a lustful glance. Those who knew who they were only gave them respect.

They both visited various stalls and shops to buy groceries and meat as it took almost an hour for them to finish. The sun had already set by then, making the atmosphere dark.

For this was their own town, they were carefree, but they didn't know that someone was stalking them.

The previous awkward atmosphere was no more as they both chatted about various things. It was when they came out of the market area, they noticed someone was following them. Many houses in the area were almost dilapidated, while the roads were constricted because of the densely packed houses. The road was like a maze where they had to take various turns to make their way home.

They had first ignored the presence stalking them, but the footsteps wouldn't stop following them. And whenever they turned to look who it was, the person hid himself in the nick of time…

The surroundings were dark and quiet as people weren't seen outside at such times. Both the ladies got scared as they increased their walking speed while they whispered, "What should we do now, big sis?" asked Susy.

"We just have to get past this area, so we will just keep walking," Rita replied.

"We are two and you are quite strong yourself, can't we beat up a single thief?" Susy suggested.

"No, we don't know his true strength. And besides, we are almost out of this area, there will surely be people out there who will help us…" Rita said.

A minute passed and the following footsteps also disappeared. They breathed out a sigh of relief and just as they had to take their last turn, a man popped out from the front.

And Susy furrowed her brows in anger as she saw who it was, "You...? What do you want?" 

(40 chapters are completed so I was thinking of creating a Patreon account... I wonder if there will be anyone who'd like to support this work?

The release rate here will be reduced to 3 ch per week while the Patreon will have exclusive content and a better release rate. Sorry to disappoint you guys but it cannot be helped as I'm really poor! XD)

57