Chapter 57 – Get Them!
3.6k 6 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Note 1: Sorry guys for taking so long. The problem was that whenever I sat to write, I'd get discouraging thoughts. I'd feel like whatever I write would turn out to be pathetic…

So it took me this long to recover. In the meantime, though, I researched, searched for ideas, and read novels for inspiration.)

(Note 2: My understanding of writing is still all over the place. I still don't know when to hold and when to reveal. I don't know if it was the right time to reveal some mysteries. Still, I hope this chapter clears up your past doubts.)

(Note 3: I have used the word ‘evolve’ for a specific reason.)

Natalia lay on the bed, naked and exhausted. They had gone for it for two hours, with Natalia provoking Jack again and again.

So Jack complied and filled her up with his countless loads of cum.

Natalia did not mind as she liked doing it with Jack more and more. The way he did her made her feel cared for by him. In addition, the more she collects his vitality, the more beneficial it will be for her.

Jack dressed up and was currently checking the bookshelf near the table in Melissa’s room.

It had gotten dark outside, while the room was illuminated by a yellow lamp placed on the nearby desk. He could still see in the darkness but had decided to light up the lamp.

The books ranged from history, magic, mana, etc. Though most of them were history books in which he was not the least bit interested. 

And although he was tempted to read the magic ones, he had to check all the books present to choose the most interesting one.

He had gotten familiar with this world’s language. But he was far from being fluent. He could only read it slowly. Just then, he found a dust-eating book hidden behind the shelved books.

His sight fell on the title, and the meaning came to him naturally, “GET THEM!” His jaws dropped, and his eyes popped out in shock.

It was in English! The fucking book was in English!

He looked at the book, dumbfounded for a few moments as all sorts of thoughts ran through his mind, making a mess of his thoughts.

Doesn’t this mean that he was not the only one transmigrated? That he had companions? That he wasn’t lonely?

And how the hell did this book end up in this place? Why was it in English?

He shook his head to calm himself and took out the book as he sat on the chair before the table. He dusted off both the front and the back.

The back cover was empty, while the front read, “GET THEM!” and below it was, “A comprehensive guide to properly take care of those poor souls.”

“By The Harem King!”

Jack’s eyebrows twitched. What kind of self-declared harem king was this? 

Even the title was fishy as hell. And although he wanted to deny it, he knew what the author was talking about.

‘Hmm… So the fellow transmigrator decided to write about how to woo women? What a pervert! And a shameless bastard!’ 

As for him, he wasn’t a pervert. Definitely not!

So the book was akin to disposable trash to him. It explains why it was written in English.

From where he had come, he had been hammered with morality for all his life. And the beliefs he had were deeply rooted in him.

However, he still decided to read it for ‘research purposes.’ How could he disrespect his fellow earthling? He would want to know more about him. He finally got to know that he wasn’t lonely after all.

He turned its cover. The title and the subtitle were repeated on the first page. But below that, it read, ‘Do you think this is trash?’

Hm! Hm! Jack nodded.

‘If yes, then it’s natural. But ignore the advice in this book at your own peril! I won’t be responsible if it costs the happiness of your loved one due to your ignorance!’

And the ‘advice’ ended there, but it was enough to hook Jack’s attention. The author had targeted one of the fundamental weaknesses of human beings. Now Jack wanted to know what the author had to say, at the very least.

He turned the page, “Preface: Fellow transported brother...”

Jack raised his eyebrows. Transported? Then he wasn’t transmigrated like him? Then how was he transported? And what about himself? He couldn’t even remember how he was transmigrated into this world.

Inhaling a deep breath, he read further, “This book contains a few sublime truths of this world. Learning and mastering them will lead to a more fulfilled and prosperous isekai life!"

The author then proceeded to explain what the book would offer and what to expect from it. But then, at the end of it, it read:

“If you think that love is some kind of sacred or magical realm where things will just fall into place if they are meant to, then you are in trouble, my friend.”

“Leaving things to chance is a recipe for disaster and reveals that we do not take love and romance seriously. It is just a cover for our laziness.”

“So you must shed your laziness and take control of your life. And put effort on your partner’s behalf to show how much you care for them and how much they are worth to you.”

Laziness.

He had surely become lazy ever since he had returned to his ‘home’. When he needs just two to four hours of sleep, he has been sleeping for eight hours unnecessarily.

If you do something more than necessary, it will undoubtedly have its consequences.

He sighed as he stood up. The book was valuable, so he decided to borrow it as he put it into his spatial pouch.

By now, Natalia had also recovered and was about to go take a bath. Jack informed her and left the room. Going downstairs, he could not find Melissa in her office, so he left the orphanage.

The vast ground was dark as it was late in the evening. Cold gusts of wind brushed past his cheeks, ruffling his loosely tied shoulder-length hair.

He took a deep breath as he felt refreshed. He had never felt so refreshed until now. It was like a huge burden had been lifted off of his shoulders. Like a fog had been cleared from his mind.

What he didn’t know was that he had accumulated a tremendous amount of vitality due to his weirdly mutated body.

The accumulation had started since he first absorbed the mana from the beast cores. His body had become a mana devouring machine, capable of digesting even the ‘impurities’ of the beast cores and transforming it into easily usable energy for the body, called vitality.

Since he could digest it and also felt exhilarated after ‘eating’ the mana, he started absorbing more and more mana from different beast cores. His vitality was further boosted when he absorbed the natural mana from the dungeon cores.

The accumulated vitality certainly helped him in healing his wounds. The excess energy was then used to further enhance and tamper his body due to all the combat he had to do.

However, he still had not fully expended his vitality. The production was more than necessary as he wouldn’t stop eating mana.

So, where would all the vitality go?

His body then ‘evolved’, casting all the impurities outside and making it stronger and stronger. The more he fought, the more injuries he accumulated. And the more he healed, the sturdier and stronger his body became.

That was one of the factors behind his superhuman strength.

But it still had a limit to how much his body could evolve. Though, it had developed enough as a vessel to contain his tremendous amount of vitality. 

As his body wasn't normal, the amount of vitality would naturally affect his lust.

However, the problem was that he didn’t have an outlet to satiate his lust. He had to stay vigilant all the time, search for food, hunt or fight beasts, and collect survival resources.

His thoughts and desires had toned down to just survival. He had to think of food first. As a result, having no contact with the opposite gender, his lust got suppressed. And this had its own consequences.

The wilderness, the loneliness, and his weird body would have made him an animal who knew nothing but follow his instincts.

Fortunately, with the help of meditation exercises and his own willpower, he was saved. Otherwise, if given enough time, he would have transformed into a ‘sex fiend’.

Though, it had certainly affected his thinking and behavior.

...

Now, he had found an outlet to satiate his lust. And today was the most satisfying sex he ever had. He had gone all out in releasing loads after loads without holding back the least bit.

And so, he felt satisfied as his mind cleared up for new ideas. With a contented expression on his face, he walked through the tidying-up market area, through the calm slum area until he finally reached his home.

(The easily digestible form of mana is called vitality here. Vitality can be easily digested and utilized by the body. With this chapter, I took a leap by introducing the book. Idk how it will turn out in the future, but whatever. Let’s see...)

34