New Life As Chen Fan!
124 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Read advanced chapters : HERE

R18Novel.com


In June 2007, a bus drove down the highway under the hot summer sun, heading to Chuzhou city. This bus had very few passengers.

 

One of the passengers was a sixteen years old boy with brown hair with a sleek haircut. He wore a white t-shirt under a blue jacket and a pair of jeans. Although he didn’t have a handsome face, his appearance wasn’t too shabby.

 

The boy was sleeping, but suddenly, he jerked his head upwards. He opened his dark blue eyes and stared ahead blankly.

 

Memories and information appeared in his mind, and the sheer quantity froze him. His brain was too overwhelmed to do anything else but basic necessities to keep him alive.

 

A few minutes later…

 

Focus returned to his eyes, and he began massaging his head to ease his headache. “Ugh, my head hurts so much!” the boy complained.

 

After the headache lessened to a more manageable level, he whispered, “At least, I am here as Chen Fan now.”

 

He checked his surroundings and quietly mused, ‘I’m on the bus to Chuzhou. Since this is the old timeline, there is no Chen Bei Xuan to return to the past. Still, Immortal Chang Qing will visit Earth in several years to find disciples.’

 

About this matter, he didn’t want to join the True Martial Celestial Sect and get dragged into this universe’s problem. He desired to pick up many girls, become more powerful than anyone to protect his new life, and enjoy a fun, erotic life with his women.

 

If the situation in this universe became critical and dangerous, he would move to another Xianxia universe. Still, if push comes to shove, he would fight for his happiness.

 

Of course, he would never jump into danger without knowing he would come out safe. He was here to enjoy his second life, after all.

 

‘Anyway, the knowledge and understanding are here, in my mind, so let’s check out my artifact next.’

 

He tried to summon his artifact. However, he couldn’t do it.

 

He frowned and thought, ‘I can’t summon it. Did the old man trick me?’

 

He shook his head and corrected his hasty assumption, ‘No, I am now Chen Fan and have this knowledge and understanding in my mind, so there must be a reason why I can’t summon my artifact.’

 

He decided to check out his body. He closed his eyes, cleared his mind, and began searching for something inside him.

 

A few moments later, he sensed a soothing sensation on the area two-finger widths below his navel. This sensation spread out in his body from there, energizing him.

 

‘Is this the sensation of Qi? It’s channeled into my lower dantian, but that Qi leaked out because I have yet to properly prepare my lower dantian to contain the refined Qi,’ he mused in his heart.

 

Preparing the lower dantian and cleaning the meridians is the first step to cultivate the Dao of Immortality.

 

He began thinking about the way of cultivation that he gained from the old man after his death. It’s different from this universe’s Dao of Immortality, but he’s certain that his way isn’t inferior.

 

The Dao he wanted to cultivate was the True Dao that came from the void in the vast multiverse; this is far superior to the existing Dao in the universe he currently resides in.

 

If the True Dao can be likened to the main body of a tree, then the Dao residing in other Xianxia universes, including the one residing in this universe, are the twigs, branches, and leaves of this tree.

It’s obvious which one is better…

 

Putting that aside, he thought about his Dao of Immortality.

 

According to his knowledge, there are only 3 stages. From the lowest to the highest, they are Dao Body, Dao Spirit, and Transcendent.

 

Dao Body and Dao Spirit have three sub-stages, which are Initial Stage, Half Completion, and True Completion. Transcendent, on the other hand, has 9 Layers.

 

To enter the Initial Stage of the Dao Body you have to meet some requirements. And not anyone can meet these requirements willy-nilly.

 

Though talent is important, you have to master a unique breathing pattern and the art of meditation. This breathing pattern and meditation can be learned from cultivation manuals.

 

Right then, he didn’t have any cultivation method, but he wasn’t bothered by this. He had his knowledge and understanding, so he could create an original cultivation method.

 

The next step is to sense Qi. You can drink an elixir or pill that contains abundant Qi if you have no help from an expert. If you have an expert to help you, you can ask him to push his Qi into your body.

 

To be honest, sensing Qi is the hardest part. As a mortal cannot sense this mysterious energy, you may spend your entire life trying it to no avail.

 

However, he is different. He can sense Qi because of his artifact that supplies a virtually endless amount of Qi.

 

After sensing Qi, the next step is coaxing Qi to circulate through the meridian to refine it and then storing it in the lower dantian, which is located two finger widths below the navel and parallel with the perineum.

 

As an aside, the meridian is the network of vessels/channels in the body through which Qi flows. Like blood vessels, but for Qi instead of blood.

 

Afterward, you have to clean your channels from impurities to widen the channels and open the other two dantian.

 

The other two dantian are the middle dantian that is parallel to your heart and the Upper Dantian at your forehead.

 

Of course, the nature of three Dantian is metaphysical, so you will never find it if you dissect people’s bodies in the name of science.

 

Anyway, opening three dantian will grant you unique abilities.

 

Opening lower dantian grants you a metaphysical energy pool that houses your energy. Passively, this energy pool will strengthen your body to the strong baseline human but still far from reaching the peak of the human condition. You can also momentarily enhance your physical strength with your Qi.

 

For the benefits of opening the other two dantian, opening the upper dantian will grant you the ability to nourish your intelligence, comprehension, and willpower. You can also obtain mind-based abilities such as telekinesis, telepathy, extrasensory perception, etc.

 

For opening the middle dantian, you will gain minor regeneration and physical strength at the peak of the human condition, meaning that you will be as strong as Captain America!

 

After the Initial Stage, it’s the Half Completion stage…

 

‘What am I thinking? It’s still too early to think about that. Right now, I have to focus on the Initial Stage of the Dao Body!’

 

He stopped himself from getting carried away.

 

Suddenly, he heard a cell phone ring and felt something vibrate in his pocket. This returned him to his senses.

 

It was his cellphone. He got an incoming call.

 

After taking out the phone, he checked the caller ID and found that it was “Mom.”

 

The memories of the original Chen Fan immediately informed him about his current mother, Wang Xiaoyun.

 

 

‘It’s weird to think of this MILF as my mom. I already have parents I loved dearly, so I won’t think of her and Chen Yuxing as my parents in this life,’ he mused silently.

 

In the stories and fanfiction he read, the protagonists that were transported to another world often accepted their new parents, but he had a different opinion about this matter. He couldn’t just accept a pair of strangers as his parents and replace the memories of his real parents just like that.

Moreover, Wang Xiaoyun was in his strike zone. He couldn’t accept her as his mother but as his lover.

 

Honestly, this MILF was hot. She was beautiful, sexy with an hourglass figure, and overflowing with mature charm.

 

She reminded him of those lonely housewives and widows that he had slept with in his previous life.

 

‘Well, should I get her in my harem?’ His thoughts were cut off as he noticed that the phone kept ringing.

 

He finally accepted the call and then heard Wang Xiaoyun’s voice, “Hello? Little Fan?”

 

His lips twitched when he heard how Wang Xiaoyun called him.

 

 

Still, he replied, “Yes, what’s it…mom?”

 

‘OMG, it’s weird calling this MILF like that,’ he quietly lamented.

 

“Your Auntie Tang is probably waiting for you outside the station. You must work hard in Chuzhou, okay?” Wang Xiaoyun said.

 

“Yes, I will,” he replied and silently added, ‘work hard to pick women and get stronger.’

 

“Alright. I have something else to do. Goodbye then.” Xiaoyun ended the call, and he stared at the screen of his cellphone blankly.

 

He contemplated what he should do about this woman, but his contemplation was interrupted by an announcement.

 

“ATTENTION PASSENGERS. WE HAVE ARRIVED. PLEASE RETRIEVE YOUR LUGGAGE AND PREPARE TO DISEMBARK.”

 

“Let’s put this matter aside. I have time until I meet her and An Youya,” he said and then prepared to get off the bus.

 

Soon, the bus entered the station. After parking, the passengers got off the bus, including him. He was the last passenger getting off.

 

 

After getting off the bus, he looked up at the clear sky and muttered to himself, “My life as Chen Fan begins now!”

2