Fate At It Again
1.7k 12 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Once I tell you the teams you are in I want you to get ready and leave immediately. Report back at 12 and then go home if you have one or stay here." Says Bruce.

"Robin, Beast Boy, Cyborg, and Roger will be on the same team. I want you three to watch over him and make sure he doesn't escape." He says.

Robin looks a bit down but Cyborg and Beast Boy seem ok with it.

'I guess it's because he can't be with Star. It almost makes me not want to take Star away from him. Who am I kidding no it doesn't.'

"Aqualad, Kid Flash, Super Boy, and Artemis will be on the same team." He says.

Artemis doesn't seem to like it but the other ones don't mind.

"And finally Starfire, Terra, and Miss Martian you will be on a team together.  We will be investigating what happened to Raven today." He says.

The room immediately turns cold.

"May I be the one to interrogate her?" Diana asks.

"You may not. You can watch the footage and try to figure out why she had that sudden outburst." Says Bruce.

*Tsk* "That'll make due." She says.

'I honestly wonder what she gonna do with the footage but I'm not risking going into her mind again.'

"Now everyone gets ready and go on your patrols." Says Bruce.

He walks out of the room MM in tow bringing Raven with telekinesis.

Everyone gets up and starts to walk out of the room in their respective groups.

"Hey, Diana can you get off of me?" I ask.

She reluctantly gets off and starts to walk out of the room.

"See you later." she says as she walks out.

"Later..." I say to no one in particular.

"How's it like to be dominated by her?" Says Robin with a smirk.

He and the rest of our team had walked over to us.

"Not that bad actually. Actually, it feels way better than I thought it would be. At least it's semi-consensual, unlike last time." I say.

They pass over the "semi" part and skip to the "last time".

"What do you mean "last time"?" Asks BBoy.

"Oh, it's nothing we should get going."I say as I start to walk out of the room.

I see them frown in the corner of my eyes at my change of subject.

'I'm getting way too comfortable here. I need to be on guard even if they are "friends" I can't let things slip.'

"Yeah, we can talk about this later." Says Robin hinting that they won't just forget about this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside of JL's HQ-

We are currently walking out of the HQ to start our patrol.

As we start to walk around Robin gets a notification from his work phone.

He looks at it nods then looks at us.

"Batman just sent us our location we are going to patrol. It's about a 30-minute walk from here." He says.

"Are we gonna walk there?" I ask.

"No, we're gonna run." He says.

Before I can say anything else he runs to an alleyway and scales the building with ease.

He looks over the building with a smirk and says "Follow me." He then starts to run away in a direction jumping from building to building.

BBoy smirks and turns into a monkey following him while saying "Last one there is a rotten egg."

Cyborg's feet turn into rockets as he flys off and says "See you there rotten egg."

I summon my cane and look at it.

It slowly starts to transform into a grey umbrella with a black curved pole and white gem designs all over it.

'Mary Poppins who? Nah that was me, Roger.'

I start to use my newly acquired telekinesis to float.

'Just a little. Just a little.'

Suddenly I shoot up into the air far above the city.

"WHOA WHAT THE FUCK???" I hear Bboy scream.

I move my umbrella to be on top of me to slow down my fall.

A normal umbrella may have broke or flipped inside out but my umbrella is way stronger. It may not be able to slow my fall by much but it will certainly help.

I add as little power into my telekinesis as I can. My descent starts to slow until I'm around the height of a building and I stop and start to slowly float forward.

I move forward until I'm around where cyborg is flying.

"See you there rotten egg." I say to him throwing his words right back at him before I speed up.

"Oh no you don't." He says as he speeds up too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 and a half hours later-

We were currently just walking, floating, and flying on top of the roofs.

Bboy had won after he turned into an eagle while I got in second place, Cyborg in third, and Robin last.

They had asked me about be being able to float and my umbrella as they didn't see me take out my.

I said I didn't know and left it at that. While they didn't like the answer they didn't push.

Bboy (Now a cheetah for whatever reason) Says "It was pretty boring today. I thought I would be able to fight some baddies."

Isn't it good that it was boring?" I ask.

"Yeah I guess but I wanted to fight yo-"

(Fate has aligned to give you a chance encounter with one of your yanderes!)

I immediately look around to see where they are completely ignoring Bboy.

As I look to my left a couple of blocks away I see a sweaty and tired-looking Pamela looking straight into my eyes. I look away immediately and tell the group we should go in the opposite direction.

Listening to me we turn away. I don't even look back because I don't want to give her a reason to start chasing me.

"God, I really hate my fate." I say under my breath.

"What?" Asks Robin not getting what I mean by that.

"Oh, nothing." I say.

'I really need to find Harley and now Pamela before they do something crazy'

I sigh.

34