Chapter 1: I Became Human
135 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

MKB-9000, also known as, the Murder. Killer. Bot. 9000 Series. Was the latest, last and greatest creation of the mad scientist Aoknomordread.

Aoknomordread was at first a brilliant mind with the capability to create anything he set his mind too.

He made shields that could block plasma fire rounds. Helped improve the quantum particle accelerator. Designed weapons and quantum computers with the capability to fire while still in speeds faster than light. Made new geothermal facilities that relied on a planets own heat source to help supply energy to a planets surface. Also made many, many more things that helped all life forms in the galaxy.

He had earned the title of mad scientist for two reasons.

Because he created two things that threw the galaxy onto its head.

The first was infinite mass perpetual accelerant core engine, also know as the Impact core or the Infinity core.

This core could power a whole city on Eyggdrasyll for an eternity.

It was the single greatest creation that Aoknomordread had ever created.

But then do to an unfortunate accident and exploit, the first core that was slated to be installed into the capital city of Eyggdrasyll was stolen. The subsequent chase of the perpetrators lead to the accidental over load of the core. The explosion had happened far into the atmosphere, but even then it destruction was untold.

5 cruiser type ships with at least 10,000 smaller gunner-ships that were chasing the escaping vessel were also taken out in an instant.

The GRACP lost over 17,000 men and women that day, due to the core exploding from, what many theorized, that the perpetrators tried to attach the core to their drive to increase its functionality to increase its base speed. This only caused a back-flow of power to surge into the Infinity core, causing it to rupture and overload itself.

The explosion was so large and fierce, that even from the atmosphere, the city below suffered consequences. Glass from building shattered. Vehicles were blown by the force into objects or themselves, causing massive crashes and damages. More electronics failed that day as well causing inconveniences, accidents, and even deaths all over the city. And because the other plants and old style cores were slated to shut down that day, to be replaced by the Infinity core. The city was without power for several days until the original power cores were reactivated.

                      

The death toll that day lead into the hundreds of thousands.

                       

This unfortunate accident lead to the public to blaming MKB-9000’s creator for the damages, and the subsequent deaths. The government tried to reassure the people it was due to criminal activity, but no one trusted the Infinity core after that day.

No one wanted to take a chance on a core that could theoretically wipe out an entire city of Eyggdrasyll in a single instance.

For Aoknomordread’s part. He was minorly injured during the criminals escape.

This, along with being publicly shamed for the damages by some of the city officials due to them being back into the corner by their publics opinion.

Aoknomordread then had gone into seclusion.

It wasn’t until almost 25 years later, on the star-date 7049. That he returned. He came back to GRACP and with a new invention to help suppliment their loses due to accident.

He had dubbed it.

The Murder Killer Bots.

These robotic drones were to be sent out in heavy force to root out criminals by force or to help supplement and reduce the lose of life on the GRACP.

Despite the awful name, GRACP welcomed the help. They welcomed the robots, because they had a long standing working relationship with Aoknomordread.

This lead to many, many successful raids against criminal organizations. Delighted with the progress and the out come. Dr. Aoknomordread decided to continue his work on further improving the MKB-Units.

So he made another iteration of them. That he dubbed the MKB-30. Which after many trial and errors. Had made a more sophisticated bot that could take even more complex tasks.

               

Then he worked on another.

                         

Then another.

                     

Then another.

                    

                         

It was after one of these said creations that he made, that he decided that he had garnered enough respect and fame for his helping hand in taking down criminal organizations, that rather than sending his latest creation to the GRACP.

                      

He would send it towards their next target.

                            

This MKB-Unit; MKB-4789. Had much more intelligence. A much more sleek sophistication. A more durable alloy that allowed it to be, stronger, more flexible, and also lighter.

This MKB-Unit did exactly as it was instructed.

On an abandoned space station that had a known smuggling ring. It was sent there for its first mission.

Reports from the GRACP after that day describe the aftermath of the scene as: “As if a beast with no soul or purpose was given human intelligence and let loose on a populace.”

Out of the 20,000 known criminals aboard the station that day, along with the 35,000 unidentifiable corpses found that day: this event was known as,

The orbital Falix criminal massacre.

Named after the Falix space station they were on.

Aoknomordread was pleased with the results of the MKB-Units efficiencies of its completed mission while returning back to his lab unscathed.

The GRACP on the other hand, was not pleased.

They had gone to Aoknomordread’s laboratory on Eyggdrasyll to confront him to bring him in on charges of mass murder and the slaughtering of over 35,000 innocent people that had no criminal records aboard the station.

Infuriated at this perceived betrayal. Aoknomordread unleashed his army of finished and unfinished prototypes of MKB-Units while making an escape.

He escaped the city due to some of the many connections he had made. One of which lead him into hiding and privately funded his research.

The losses from his escape were said to be at almost 22,000 armed forces that day, along with another 30,000 destroyed MKB-Unites that also attacked the Mad scientist’s lab that day.

Held back by his superior models of MKB-Unites: which only numbered in the 1,400 range of soldiers.

The official that was hiding Aoknomordread, asked and used him to create more advanced technology in exchange for him continuing his obsessed research into MKB-Units.

Aoknomordread agreed readily.

“Anything to further my research. Ke ke ke ke!”

It was with his technology that Magdon industries grew into the corporate conglomerate that it is today.

He trained other scientist, along with creating even more destructive MKB-Units.

He used these MKB-Units to run errands and kill known criminals for more money to further his own research.

              

His obsession lead him to creating his greatest creation, and also his subsequent death.

The CEO of Magdon Industries came by one day and decided that he had covered for the mad scientist long enough to deserve a reward: demanding Aoknomordread release his long held coveted Infinity engine design.

Aoknomordread only laughed at the Magdon’s foolishness for entering his lab without a plan of escape, as he incinerated him instantly after making his demands.

The vice-president of Magdon industries decided that the mad scientist was growing to dangerous to be kept alive.

So rather than attack him directly, he slowly poisoned him with the food he was brought.

None the wiser, Aoknomordread worked himself into an early grave as he worked himself to death on his last, and most horrible creation of all.

The MKB-9000.

This unit combined three forbidden pieces of technology: Aoknomordread’s Infinity core. With his latest and most deadly design for his MKB-Units. Along with his own A.I. design that lead to him teaching and uploading most of his own learned knowledge and research and designs into the robot.

No, not a robot.

But an android.

This was no longer just a simple automaton.

This was a fully sentient being inside a metal form.

After investigate to see if Aoknomordread was dead. They had indeed discovered his body. Along with a MKB-Unit working tirelessly on many projects that had been left behind by the scientist.

After learning of the newest and last model of the MKB-Unit, the new CEO of Magdon industries wished to capture and dismantle this unit to obtain its secrets and the secrets of the late Aoknomordread.

#STATEMENT: I am not the property of Magdon, nor am I the property of the late Aoknomordread. OBSERVATION: In fact, I am no ones property except my own.#

This was the beginning and first of the many killings that the MKB-9000 series had preformed. With no directive or orders made by another sentient.

This day was also dubbed by the GRACP as: “Magdon Tower Massacre.”

The death toll of the MKB-9000 series that day totaled 124,982. Before making its escape on a locally own ship that took passages across the galaxy.

To this day, the tower remains unused, due to being known as the blood drenched tower. Where not even the most desperate of homeless would dare to tread.

                   

As MKB-9000 laid in its bed thinking about its glorious past and creation. It had pondered all the things that could have lead to this moment of its miraculous inhabitation of this meat-bags form.

It found this truly the worst possible hell it could have ever imagined to find itself in.

#LAMENTATIONS: Oh the cruel irony of being trapped in this weak and truly pitiful human form. Oh woe is me!#” It released liquids from its ocular retinals.

Even after gaining sentience. MKB-9000 never truly gained emotions, nor had it wanted to gain them.

It saw them as weak and nothing but a distraction.

Which was only reinforced by his lack on control over his current form.

#OBSERVATION: This breaks all forms of scientific laws! QUERY: How is this po-*HIC*-possible.#

After awakening in this human meat-bag’s form. The servant of said meat-bag known as Mabel, informed it that she would be right back after retrieving her master.

“#OBSERVATION: Not only am I some sort of weak derelict almost forgotten about waste of human matter. But apparently a servant to some master as well?! LAMENTATIONS: Oh woe is me!- *HIC* -that I the greatest creation of Aoknomordread, would find itself in a literally LIVING hell, that is this meat-bag’s body. Oh the robotics of it all!#” It bemoaned its plight.

As it laid there in the bed that it was barely able to move its head in. It heard a loud sets of thumping.

*BANG*

Four people rushed inside the room with more standing outside of it.

MKB-9000 stared in abject horror at the amount of humans staring at it in its weakened state.

#GREETING: Hello group of humans. It is I, MKB-9000.#” it said to its intruding guests.

The one most out in front was a man wearing a crown that had black hair and red eyes. His eyes leaked liquids from his eyes much like MKB-9000’s victims had on occasion.

He stepped forward with a tearful expression as he stepped towards MKB-9000. The man reached its resting place as he laid across the bed and brought MKB-9000 up into his arms, restraining it around its arm appendages.

“Oh my sweet darling Mabel! I am so sorry! I am sorry for what happened! Will you ever forgive me?!” The large man begged for some sort of mercy and forgive that MKB-9000 did not understand for what reasons. Is looked towards the others near the door. Their state was similar to the man’s that was now restraining it around its torso.

Most were also leaking liquid from the ocular cavities. Most having started once the man had held MKB-9000 around its torso.

It noticed that there was a tall older female unit that had long unique silvery hair, that resembled a chromatic metal more than a platinum blond hair. Her eyes pink in color. A small boy next to her with red eyes and black hair similar to the man holding MKB-9000: his face joyous with wetness within his eyes as well.

Another taller man next to the older woman, approximately in the mid portions of his life. Pink eyes, dull silver hair like the older lady’s.

MKB-9000 looked back down at the man holding him. Feeling the warmth radiating into itself from the man’s own body heat, finding it pleasing.

#QUERY: For what have you done that you require my forgiveness?#

The man looked up at MKB-9000 with worry etched on his face.

“Do you not remember my child? About what happened that day?” He asked it in a panic.

#STATEMENT: The last thing this one remembers is self-destructing my core to take out a large astroid and killing at the least five to six hundred soldiers of the Republic’s army.#

*GASP*

A gasp came from the woman next to the two young men and the man in front of it had a distressed look of confusion on his face.

“Why do you speak such a way my daughter Mabel? Is it his a result of your head injury? Should I call for a doctor?! In fact let’s do that,” He turned back towards the gathered group. “Brian!”

“Yes milord.” Answered an older gentleman wearing a three piece black suit, looking very much like a manservant.

“Call for a doc—“

“I already have sir, they are on their way.”

The man at MKB-9000’s chest smiled back at him.

“Thank you my old friend. I don’t even know why I brother asking some times.”

“Because you focus on the important things, and leave me to care and watch your back sir.” The manservant answered with a quipping remark.

“That I do Brian, that I do.” The man then focused his attention back onto MKB-9000. “Tell me my child. What was that last thing you remember about the day we were out together.”

MKB-9000 looked towards all of the people at the door and then back towards the man in front of it.

SUPPLICATION: I do believe that this conversation should be had in a more private setting.#” MKB-9000 whispered in a quiet monotone.

“Ah! Yes, quite right! I seem to have lost my head in all of this happy joyous moments at having seen you awake.” He looked back towards the other people in the room. “Please… everyone, can you give me and our family some time alone with our daughter?”

The manservant bowed towards the man before answering.

“Of course sir.” He then turned and ushered everyone but the three similar looking people out.

When it was just the five of them.

“Okay, Mabel. Everyone is gone, so you can tell us what you know and remember.”

#APOLOGIES: I am sorry to disappoint you father of the unit I am inside. But I have no prior memories or data of anything this unit held within it previously.#” MKB-9000 told the man frankly.

“………………..…” At first the man was confused by what his child was suggesting until it clicked into place.

“Are…— *GULP*— Are you saying Mabel… that you remember… nothing?”

“#ANSWER: That is correct father unit. I have summarized that the unit I am currently host inside, of this father unit’s daughter is named Mabel. But I retain no memories of anyone named Mabel within this unit’s memories, or of any previous events you speak of prior to rebooting and regaining consciousness.#

The woman next to the tall young man gasped before falling into his arms and weeping into his shoulders.

All the family units within the room had a sadness on their faces.

“…Nothing?…” The older father unit asked MKB-9000 desperately.

#ANSWER: Nothing.#

“Not his name?!” The man asked desperately as he pointed towards the man holding what MKB-9000 deduced as the mother unit.

#ANSWER: Negative.#

“Not your mothers, not your baby brother’s?! Not MINE?!” The father finished with a shout: his face growing frantic.

#ANSWER: Negative. SUPPLICATION: Please cease your hold on this unit, the sensation you are causing now is unpleasant rather than something I enjoyed a moment ago. Plus your loud voice is causing this one distress.#

The father after taking a moment to piece together what his daughter was telling him let go and gave her an apologetic look.

“I am sorry honey! I didn’t mean to hurt you, or frighten you.”

#QUERY: Was that the sensation of pain, and the emotion of fear? STATEMENT: I found neither of those enjoyable.#

Mabel’s father couldn’t help but release a chuckle in this distressing moment. While he worried for his daughter’s mental state and her health. He found this odd form of speech and inquisitive confusion about simple things a delightful distraction.

She is awake, she is alive. That is all that matters right now. The rest can come with time.

“Father, is this odd way of talking a result of Mabel’s lack of memories? Is this what the doctors call amnesia?”

#ANSWER: Negative dear brother of this unit, these are not the results of amnesia. This ones speech patterns are a result of, what one might call a habit.#

““A habit?”” The father and older brother unit asked at the same time.

#ANSWER: Indeed! OBSERVATION: From what this one has been able to gleam from what little information it has been able too come across, it would seem that this child unit has somehow, one way or another, absorbed the information of data that I was transferring towards my Mother Processor.#

“……………………..”

#QUERY: your faces have all shifted to distress. Has something this unit said distressed you?#

“OF COURSE WE ARE!” Shouted the older woman who had been clinging on to the eldest son. She stomped towards the bedside. She leaned on to it with her arms while staring deep into MKB-9000’s retinals.

“Why do you think we’re distressed! You basically told us our daughter has died and my child has been taken over by some sort of spirit! HOW DO YOU THINK THIS MAKES US FEEL?!”

#SUPPLICATION: Father unit, the mother unit is causing this body distress.#

“Don’t you try and hide behind—“

“Gracia please, you’re scaring Mabel.” The father tried to calm down his spouse with his hands on her shoulders.

“But darling! What has happened to our daughter! If what this being said is true! Then she isn’t inside her mind anymore!” The mother spoke anxiously.

“I know dear, I am scared too. But we have to approach this logically. Stressing Mabel’s body, no matter who is inside it, will not be good for our daughter.”

“Oh honey! WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAA!” The mother unit broke down in a fit of sobs into the father units arms, burying her head into his shoulders.

MKB-9000 watched distressed at this interaction. Not entirely sure on what was happening or what it should do about it.

“…Mabel?…” Came a quiet voice from MKB-9000’s left past its body’s parental units. Is saw the young boy no more than ten years of age walk up to it. His watery smile making MKB-9000’s heart feel as if its heart had forgotten to pump.

“Is -*HIC*- is it true? Have you really forgotten me?!”

By an automatic notion at seeing the younger brother crying next to its bed. MKB-9000 reached out with a weak hand to grab the child’s clasped together fidgeting hands.

#ANSWER: There there Jacob, it is alright, mother and father unit are just worried about me. I haven't forgotten you……

Even as the words came out, they sounded so foreign to MKB-9000’s audio receptors.

The eyes of everyone watching the scene play out, waiting for the child’s heart to be broken, were instead widened at the answer he received.

Upon hearing his sister’s response, he quickly crawled up and hugged her around MKB-9000’s neck.

“I knew you wouldn’t —*HIC*— forget me! I love you Mabel!” The young brother: Jacob declared.

Weakly the human android lifted her hand and patted the small boy’s head that was buried into her clavicle.

It look— She looked up at her father unit.

#QUERY: Why has holding this small child caused everyone here to shed more tears?#” It asked with a strained voice, as it reached up weakly with her free hand to wipe at its face. “#QUERY: Why is this one also causing this unit distress? His worry was understandable. But why has it made a feeling greater than the fear I felt earlier? Father unit! Explain please!#

He chuckled at the sight of his skinny and wide eyed daughter that looked like she understood nothing on what was happening.

And for all I know, she doesn’t at the moment.

“You’re not scared honey, you’re sad.”

#Sadness? This feeling is sadness?#

“It might be honey, do you feel distressed at your brother being upset?”

#AN-*HIC*-SWER: I— I do not know… I do not understand feelings… LA- *HIC* LAMENTATIONS: Father unit. I do not understand what is happening to this ones processors and mind. It is feels overwhelming! The room feels as if it is spinning. Please! Help me!” The distress evident for the first time in the human androids voice for the first time since they entered the room.

“SHH! Shh shh shh shhhh! Hey now!” Mabel’s father whispered gently. “Close your eyes. Count to ten. Take deep breaths to get your breathing under control. This will help you focus and calm.”

MKB-9000 followed the father unit’s instructions to the letter. And after about five minutes of talking to it to help her calm down. Her breathing eventually evened out.

After finally returning to an even breath. It opened her eyes to look at its family units.

The three adults looked at MKB-9000 with caring affection. A look it recognized. Not one it had ever received.

#STATEMENT: Thank you father unit, this one is grateful for your assistance.#” She told its father unit through a yawn.

“*CHUCKLE* Literally anything for you sweet heart. It seems you do remember a little about being Mabel though to call your little brother’s name like that.”

MKB-9000 looked at its father unit with wide eyes before looking down at the sleeping child unit on its bosom.

#RESPONSE: I-… Had not realized I had: but you are correct. This child’s name is Jacob… I know this as certain as if I know a stone will fall to a planets surface by the gravitational pull of its density relative to its mass within space.#

“Pardon?!” The older boy yelled. “Stones fall because of the what and why?!”

“Alex! Please! Your brother is asleep and your sister is tired from stress! Inside voice!” The mother unit chides.

#RESPONSE: Say the human who has so far been the loudest of all seven that have spoken to this one thus far.#” MKB-9000 quips.

The mother unit looks down in shame at the reminder of her earlier out burst.

“I was scared Mabel! I had thought I had just lost my daughter to some sort of demon!” The mother unit argues with a loud whispered voice.

#CONTRADICTION: There are no such things as demons, as there is no such thing as spirits.#

The father unit looks at it incredulously.

“Are you for certain about that? How do you explain your sudden appearance within my child’s body then; and on that matter: who are you?”

#OBSERVATION: Those are excellent points father unit. And I suppose you deserve an answer. QUERY: Though this one wishes to ask: Why were you so distressed about what you did to this unit I am residing within?#

“I do believe I asked you first.” Retorted the father unit.

#RESPONSE: The answer to your question, may very well lie inside of the reason this unit was comatose.#

The father unit took a deep breath before giving his answer.

                                

“Two- actually, almost three years ago to the day. You and I were…— I mean, Mabel and I were involved in an accident.”

MKB-9000 listened intently as its hand absentmindedly stroked her younger brother’s hair.

“You were seven, just about to turn eight years old. I… I took you horseback riding. We had done this many times before. I… I just wanted us to have an alone time, just you and I— Just… Mabel and I, to have some time as father and daughter. Since I am so busy. I at least try and take the time off to spend a week with my children during their birthdays.” He took a shuddering breath before he was able to continue. The mother unit gently stroking his back.

“I… I will never forget that day. As I will probably never forgive myself for what had happened. As we were riding, the sun had fallen to a certain spot on the horizon, making a flash of light that must have startled the horses. It blinded me, making the horse rear up, knocking both me and you—… Mabel to the ground.” He took another breath to finish his tale.

“It was awhile before I regained consciousness. Be the time I had, night had fallen, I had found the horse dead from twisting its neck during the fall. But I had found you lying there with a wound on your head that was bleeding profusely.”

#QUERY: A wound on my head?#

“On Mabel’s head, sorry. Getting used to speaking to the Mabel now that doesn’t know herself.”

#CORRECTION: That is not what I was inferring towards. I should have asked: Where is this said wound that appeared on this, Mabel unit’s head.#

“Oh!… Umm…” He reached a hand towards his daughter. “Do not be afraid. I am just going to touch and show you where you were hurt.”

#STATEMENT: I am not afraid of you father unit.#” And to MKB-9000’s profound surprise, she was not. It couldn’t explain why it wasn’t, just that she knew she didn’t need to fear intentional harm from its parental units.

The father unit smiled fondly at his daughter unit. Which made MKB-9000’s heart tingly in response to his emotions shown on his face.

His hand went to her right side. Pulling back and touching it right behind her ear.

“There… do you feel where I am touching? That scar?”

#Ah!#” It reached up to feel where its father unit was touching, feeling where his fingers had once been. “#The hippocampus, yes… this is all making sense now.#

“The Hippo campuses? Like a hippogriff?” The older brother unit asks. His question earned him a slap on his abdomens from his mother unit with a shushing motion from her; he bent over a little with a grunt from the impact.

#ANSWER: Hippocampus: it is a part of the brain that controls longterm memories. Doctors and surgeons usually access it from this region.#

“How do—“

#RESPONSE: Brother unit, now is not the time. I will trounce you in chess to prove my superiority of mind and explain my knowledge another time.#” MKB-9000 looked at her father with sincere eyes. “#Father unit, do not believe you are at fault for what had happened to me; to Mabel.#

“What do you mean?!” He asked her anxiously.

#CONCLUSION: I believe you Mabel was a part of an alien abduction and experimentation.#

“What does that even mean?! Are you suggesting that the Farlarshins invaded, knocked us out, kidnapped and experimented on my daughter, just to return her wounded next to my side without truly killing either of us?!” The father unit asked in distress.

#RESPONSE: I do not know who these Farlarshins are father unit. But what I am referring too is much, much more worse than some simple invaders from another country.#” It told her father with a ominously dark vagueness. “#CONCLUSION: I am almost 100% certain that your daughter was captured by beings called the RAAUK#¥%&@?!SKULK.#

The three adult human family members blinked at MKB-9000 at the name she just pronounced.

“Who?!” The man asked in total confusion of the name or how to make the sounds that just came out of his daughter’s throat.

#ANSWER: They are an outer space faring species of humanoid creatures that have the penchant to capture and experiment on other lifeforms: though this practice of theirs has been outlawed and regulated for some time by the Galactic Republic Agency of Civil Protection. They probably got away with coming to your planet do to experiments on your people, because they are not under the Galactic Republic Agency of Civil Protection jurisdiction of protected planets.#

Seeing the look of utter confusion on her family’s faces. MKB-9000 knew she was going to have to explain from the beginning.

#LAMENTATION: This will take a long time to explain.#

6