Chapter 9 part 1 [ Edited by New Guy ]
612 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Barbara Gordon, the daughter of Commissioner Gordon, she's a genius from birth. She was born with a photographic memory and she is using it really well. She has studied computer and criminal psychology to such a degree that even the biggest professors and hackers of the world would have to bow before her capabilities. But she kept all this a secret from her father and the rest of the world or at least she believes so like she hid the fact she is also a natural-born fighter too. 

One day when she was coming from the library, she heard someone scream in an alley. Barbara could have just unheard it and left the ally but she didn't. She on that day did something that not many people in this world would have done. She heard the voice asking for help and her feet stopped moving. She tried to move but her legs refused. 

She took her black scarf, hid her face with it, and went inside the alley to help. Beat the guy who was assaulting the woman and when that woman said thank you, Barbara felt something inside her was born. What was born was a desire, a desire to help and protect people. 

And on that day Batgirl was born. Barbara after that day would wear a mask and would patrol Gotham's street and help anyone who needs it. 

And one day Batman found her. He took her under his wing, taught her everything. She found like-minded people in Batman's family like Dick Grayson, Batman's protege and first sidekick of Batman, Robin. 

Soon that family grew, more and more people like her who wanted to help other people and those who were not able to move quietly with their heads down gathered. People like Tim Drake and Stephanie Brown and their most recent addition Damian Wayne the true biological son of Batman. 

They fight crime and keep the hope in people's hearts alive. They would venture in the nights to ensure that others can sleep without worrying and would train in the morning, evening, or whenever Batman deemed it necessary. 

There were many hard times that she has faced till now but this one 

" I am telling you Young lady, you are forbidden to even step out of the house. " 

" But why dad? " Barbara shouted in annoyance. 

Somehow today after that whole Rudra fiasco, Her dad called her to her house and told her that she was not to move an inch out of the house. 

" WHY, because my greatest fear has come true. I know I should have stopped you. "

" Stopped me from what? "

James Gordon looked straight in her eyes and said

" Stopped you from joining Bruce Wayne. Should have stopped you when after wishing me the good night you sneak out dressed as Batgirl. Should have stopped you the moment you came home with your ribs dislocated after your confrontation with Riddler. Should have stopped you from going down that road after your mother's death. Should have stopped you when my heart felt uneasy whenever you said that you were going on date but were fighting with others. " By the end of those sentence's tears were rolling down from Gordon's eyes. 

Today his fear that someone will know his daughter's identity and would make her suffer became true. 

Gordon was shaken to his core. Barbara was the only thing that was keeping him together. Gordon loves his daughter, and after her mother died, she was the only one in his life. 

He knows his daughter was Batgirl, how could he not, he is one of the most fearsome detectives in the world. But he confronted her because inside he feels that he is responsible for this side of her. He believed in Batman or Bruce Wayne. Yes, he knows his identity. He believed that he could protect her but not anymore. 

Because Rudra is a Joker high on his personal brand of Justice and he believes that Rudra will keep his promise. 

" W..What are you talking about dad? Me and Batgirl, surely you are mistaken. " 

She stuttered at first but got a hold of her in the next second. Bruce has trained her well. 

" Barb *sigh* I know from the 4th week that Batgirl appears who she was.  Do you want me to pull out those videos where they clearly show Batgirl getting out of your window? "

Barbara's face became pale. Her dad knew her all along. No matter How much Batman has trained her, she was not ready for this revelation. A thousand thoughts were running in her mind and stutteringly she asked.

" What??!! Y..yo..you knew. "  

" *sigh* Yes. " 

" Then why did you never confront me? And why now? " 

" Because I believed in you and I still believed. Actually, I didn't believe it, instead, I knew that my daughter was doing great. She was helping people who needed help, she was helping her dad too in his work in her own way.  I am the proudest dad out there. 

 I just hope that one day you will be able to tell me on your own when you would feel that it was okay for me to know. " 

James Gordon tells his daughter with utmost sincerity in his eyes. The eyes that say that the thing he was most proud of was her being his daughter. 

After hearing all these, after hearing how proud of her, her father was, her eyes started to tear. 

She hugged her father tightly and James hugged her too. Barbara was feeling like a lot of weight was lifted from her shoulders.

They let go of each other. James looked at her worriedly and said

" Look Barb, I..I. 

Please do me a favor. Please don't go outside for a few days. Please I beg you as your father and as Police Commissioner Gordon. Please. " James pleaded with her daughter. 

" Dad, what happened? You can tell me," she asked. 

" He knows Barb. He knows that you are Batgirl. " 

Barbara was shocked to hear this. Someone knew her secret identity. 

" Who??!! " she asked. 

" Rudra. " 

" Rudra? " 

" Yes, Rudra. He called me today and said that he will be targeting you. 

So, please before We caught him. Don't go out as Batgirl. He is in equal danger as Joker right now. 

I beg you. " 

Rudra knew that she was a batgirl and threatened her father. How dare he?  She will make sure to kick that bastard in the nuts. No one dares to harm her family. But before capturing him 

"  I promise dad. That I will not go out of the house. " she crossed her fingers while promising.

************************************************

At night, Police Headquarters Terrace,

Gordon flashed up the bat signal, he needed to talk to him. He needed to tell him that the situation is much direr than he thinks. 

What happens is that Rudra sends him various videos showing Barbara in Bat costume and fighting thugs and villains and then taking her mask off. 

It only shows how much of a lunatic Rudra is. 

Gordon was looking at his watch and then at his smartphone which was showing Barbara working on her computer. 

He installed them because he knew his daughter, if she knew that she was being targeted then she would gladly become bait to capture Rudra and he would not have her in any harm. 

Till now the only danger was Joker and He was interested in Batman only and Batman would not let his plans succeed, not after what happened to his second robin. 

No, he will not. But this Rudra he is different. He kidnapped his victims from their houses without even letting anyone know. He laced the places with lead so that Superman can't see through them and used Alien tech all that would need months of preparation and he did it without letting a single soul know about it. No one even doubts it.

It all means only one thing and that is that he was preparing for this for months. For months he didn't let anyone know what he was going to do, for months he studied his victims and when his preparations were completed he struck swiftly and mercilessly.

He…

" GORDON " Gordon hears his name being called from behind in a very rough voice or what was like a cheap voice modulator. It feels more like a growl than a voice. 

Classic Batman voice *sigh*. 

" Ah, you all are here. '' Gordon turned around and was now looking at the bat clan in full might. Batman, 3 Robins one in green, one in red, and one in purple were Tim Drake, Damien Wayne, and the purple one the first Girl robin who is generally with Red Robin. And lo behold the original Boy wonders Dick Greyson the first Robin and now Nightwing the hero of Bludhaven.

" So I hope you know about that matter as well. " 

" Yes. " 

" I hope you understand my concerns too and will not use that," Gordon said, making his hands move in an eccentric motion.

Batman looked at the antics of Gordon and understood that something was off. He and his sidekicks all scan the roof but didn't find anything. Then they saw Gordon making a hand sign for Bug in sign language and they understood what he meant. 

Batman pressed a button on his gloves and a beep sound sounded and after a second he spoke

" It's clear my emp wave has fried those bugs. So speak freely. "

" We have to catch him as soon as possible. You will have the full support of the police department. No one will hinder you. I will make sure of that. " 

" Like they were ever a hindrance to us." Said the green and tiny Robin. 

" Robin!!" Nightwing said. 

*growl* Damien Wayne growled. 

" Continue" 

" Oh, Yeah. As I was saying, the police department will help you in any way you want. 

He is our top priority even more than stopping Joker. And it is not because he said he will target Barb but it is because of these. " 

Gordon shows Batman the videos that Rudra sent him and it has one where they were all in the Batcave. It truly alarmed Batman because in that one video all of them were not wearing their mask and even Alfred and his daughter were in it. 

"And that's not it, look at these reports they clearly indicated that he was preparing for months and if he is rooting for you he is maybe more prepared than you are. He is more dangerous than any of them. Also, we were not able to hack or delete that website. " During the talk, Gordon turned his back on them because of his habit, and Batman and his family were going to leave the terrace when they heard a voice different from Gordon.

" Why are you in a hurry Batman, Look I even brought pizza for you. "

17