Chapter 13 [Edited by New Guy]
595 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gotham turned silent. Not one person dared to utter even a single sound. The reason? A list of people this time. But this time the list wasn't filled with the names of Villains, no. Most of it was filled with the names of ordinary people on the list, people everyone knew who they were and what they did.

In the whole Gotham other than 2 people, no one was smiling. People like Penguin and other Mafia heads were shitting their pants. 

The reason? In just one night people stopped fearing them, the people who used to piss in their pants by just hearing their name, showed them their rage yesterday night. People threw beer bottles at Penguin's motel and lounge. Saying that Penguin was angry was an understatement, he was furious. His fury was directed towards Black Mask like all the other crime lords. But he was more fearful when he got the hold of what that new Vigilante Garuda did. He was beyond scared. Penguin, the coward he was, planned to surrender like in the old days. He would first give information to Batman, surrender to the police and then once the matter is settled, he would use his political connections to silently escape prison. As for the information, he already knew which bastard to throw under the bus, Black Mask. 

Penguin was just getting all the information he had on Black Mask's numerous illegal businesses sorted out when he saw Rudra's new list and he knew that he had to make haste, if he didn't then he would be next on the list, he knew that.

Little did he know that he was already done for. 

Batman tried to shut every communication in Gotham. He even requested Martian Manhunter to use his telepathic powers to take a hold of Gotham's population so that they couldn't see the broadcast. Martian Manhunter tried to use his power, but he got the fiercest backlash he ever experienced in his long life and lost consciousness right there. The magicians of the League tried their magic, Zatana's tongue got burned and Nabu's Spirit was attacked. Batman with his identity as Bruce Wayne has access to all of the Wayne Enterprises, so he tried to shut down the City's power as it was his company that was providing everyone in Gotham with electricity, the result? Nothing happened. Not even a single device got switched off. He tried to destroy the Wayne Tech Mobile phones through their chipset, but nothing happened to the devices. 

Something did happen though, the Bat Computer received a lewd pic of Batman and Joker performing BDSM, with Harley and Catwoman making out in the background. It flashed for 2 minutes straight on the Bat Computer. 

No one uttered a word and had a blank expression on their face, except Alfred who said: " Oh my ". 

Afterwards, the video feed started up.

During this situation, only 2 people were laughing: Rudra and Joker, both for the same reason; the outcome. Though one would be silent sooner. 

The most scared people were Gordon, Batman and Black Mask. 

Everyone was planning to either flee or surrender, they knew the storm was already here and it would swallow them all.

The Villains were on the list were nothing to be feared but the others who were there was something else. If Rudra has proof of their debauchery and illegal activities, then Gotham would burn. 

The people who were there were 

Clayman

FireFly

Moth Killer 

All low tier villains. But the normal people who were there: 

Edwin Peterson

Alberta Nicholson

Rosetta Hopkin's

Carol Goodwin

Carla Shields

Meredith Singleton

Cecelia Jordan

Emma Whitaker

Patti Adams

Dennis Mosley

Henry Ballard

Clint Patton

Jorge Stevens

Marc Graham

Cory Huffman

James Barton

With there being at least 40 names, these are people whom Gordon and Batman knew about but were not able to do anything about. These people are highly respected members of the Judiciary and Police Department. Some of them have NGO's and much more. They tried to put them in prison, but these bastards never left any proof and had connections with politicians while being not that big of a threat compared to the Villains. So, they let them be.

But the names which scared Gordon most were in the last. 

Peter Grogan and Gillian B. Loeb. The former Police Commissioners before Gordon took charge. Both are corrupt to the core, but they were never arrested even when Gordon had evidence against them. He wanted to present a clean police force and having the police commissioner corrupt doesn't really make sense. So, he just forced them to resign from their posts.  

Harvey Bullock, even if he was suspended, was still in the office on Gordon's orders. Bullock knew every one of them, they were the police force's compromises which now was like an atomic bomb. 

Bullock looked toward Gordon and saw his partner completely pale and shocked. Gordon too looked toward him. 

" What now, Gordon? " Bullock looked toward Gordon expecting some sort of answer. 

" Now we pray. Pray that he pulls out a miracle because if he doesn't…" Gordon said. 

It was not the answer Bullock wanted, but he too knew they can't do anything in this situation. 

It has been 5 minutes and Rudra hasn't uttered a single word, he was just walking around with a smile and that's all. It was like he was taunting and telling them to try to stop the broadcast. 

As time was ticking so was the crowd's curiosity because these people were honest in their eyes. They were very reputable personalities like someone who was an NGO owner, a Philanthropist, the previous Police Commissioner, the previous Public Prosecutor, Judges and much more. Now their minds, there was only one question; Did they judge Rudra too quickly? Was he another murderous hobo like Joker? Did he even have a proof against these people? And whatnot. Everyone was looking toward their screens waiting for Rudra to reveal these people's crimes. 

##################################

Rudra stopped with his piercing eyes are looking at Gotham's people. 

" Well, last night was something. I mean I did expect and wanted you people, to find your COURAGE. 

Your courage to fight for your freedom, Freedom from this baseless fear of some handful of people, your fear of what will happen to your family if you die. The fear that makes you live like you are dead, the fear that stops you from helping a girl who is asking for help in an alley, your fear that forces you to live in grief, The fear that makes you worse than cockroaches, the fear that makes you bow your head in front of Injustice.

Some people on the top will tell you that all of this was orchestrated by me. Let me save them trouble. IT WAS ME. 

It was me who made all of this happen. It was me who put their family in danger or were they? 

I know what the reaction of those scum would be, and I gambled on it. I wanted to see what and how I can break the fear that has this city in its grip. I wanted to see if you are even alive or have you become completely numb to everything and will continue to live like this. 

You might feel used, you might be feeling cheated, but I already told you I am not a Hero or a Villain, I am just a guy who said "No more". 

If by any chance you think that anyone's life was in danger, let me ask you this: Why did none of you die? Why because my invisible drones and my magic protecting you. As for Carl and all the others, I was there with a sniper ready to kill those 4 fuckers any time. I was only going to let them intimidate the family and not let them really harm anyone, because my motive at that moment was just to show you what you have become: a coward who will see his or her family die because of that fear and your STUPID BELIEF that a guy in a BATSUIT will solve everything.

I wanted to show that he is only one person. He can't save everyone; he is just a guy with trauma and maybe a lot of money. He can't be everywhere. 

Batman was not a Superhero; he was not a Vigilante. He was none of those, he was an Idea, the Idea that you can fight these scumbags, and you don't need some superpowers to do so. He was a man who was the first one to say, "No more". 

He shoulders your burden and tried to tell you guys that you can fight too. 

It is just a pity that the Idea of Batman, has been destroyed by the media and you people. Now he has become a Superhero, someone who can do the impossible. 

I don't hate Batman, but I don't like today's Batman either. He is restricted in so many ways and all because of you people and your Government. He has fallen from an idea to a human.

I wanted to destroy this dependency of on Batman. I wanted to make you realize that you have to fight your own battles. No one will fight them for you, not the police, not the government and certainly not Batman. 

Gotham's Mafia is a beast that you must fight. Was it really that hard for that father whose only son was killed so brutally that he couldn't even take a gun and shoot his son's murder? Was it that hard for that brother whose sister was raped till death to just put a gun into those fucker's heads? 

WAS IT REALLY SO HARD TO RAISE YOUR VOICE THAT YOU WOULD RATHER LET YOUR SONS, YOUR DAUGHTERS AND YOUR WIVES BE MAULED BY THESE BEASTS THAN RAISE YOUR VOICE? 

Because if it is then you don't have any right to live. Kill yourself, you would be doing this world a favor. 

Because my friend if you want to live then you will have to fight. Fight this fear, fight the mafia, fight the police and fight the Government because everyone is against you and I will show you.  You have to fight to keep the people around you safe and you have to fight so that your future generation would never see this black sky of Gotham. So that your kids can play in the park without the fear of any bastard burning the park. So that you can send your son and daughter to school without a worry of some bastard ambushing them. 

What I did is wrong, and I will do it again and again if you guys don't step up. If you guys don't move your asses to save this city then I will burn fire under those asses. What you going to do, put me in Arkham? 

If you want the change then you will have to bring it yourself. 

Those who were responsible to safeguard you from those monsters became the monsters themselves. 

You, my friend, must raise your fist. Do you know what happens when you raise your voice? Let me tell you, last night in an alley a girl was not raped because an elderly man raised his voice and his fist. 

A man was saved from false accusations. 

And what happens when you are bowed your head, A boy of mere age 12 has to kill to save his family. A child who should have only a smile on his face and clay in his hands, had tears in his eyes and a knife in his hands. 

Because of your weakness. Joker is alive because of your weakness. These bastards are free because of you. They have guns; you can buy them too. They have numbers; Gotham has a population of 7 million. How many goons do these bastards have?

Yes, in this fight you can die, you will surely die but death would be more lively than the life you have ever lived. 

I just wanted to light that fire that you guys have suppressed in your hearts. 

And I did exactly that. 

Now you tell me how it feels to live freely. Free of fear that you allowed yourself to indulge in. Free of worries. Tell me how it feels to fight against those who did not even think of you as humans. Tell me how it feels to help someone. Tell me how it feels to hit that bastard that tried to harm your family. Tell me how it feels to say no more. 

The hell I am saying these things to you. I don't need to say anything to you. You guys are like those pigs who will gladly accept their slaughter and then will gladly eat their children. Now some bastard in a suit will come in front of the press and will say some emotional shit with some tears in his eyes, or someone like Bruce Wayne who does not even know the struggle of a common man, who has never ever put in a dire situation will say some honey-laced words to you, will paint me in a bad light, will ask you to believe in the police force which is corrupt to the brim and then will go to his luxurious Penthouse with a cheap whore and fuck her like he fucked your protest or whatever it is. 

On the same night, there will be talk shows all over the television networks on which some renowned Psychology doctor will declare me a psychopath. He will then start telling you how dangerous I am and all that. Then some public figures will come into their support and all is done. You will be going back to your cozy and fearful homes. You will again not help someone in need, you will again be in fear, no one will help you and people will see the drama unfold. 

You people will believe their, hand over you and your family's safety their hands. You people don't have any brain to see through that all of this was a lie. 

Let's save them time. Yes, I am a guy who craves the blood of everyone who is wicked. Yes, I want to see the blood of everyone who has wronged innocent people, flow in the drains of Gotham. I am accepting it again. So what, does this mean that you will not fight for yourself or your family.

And again, if you think I need your approval or if you think I am doing it because of some responsibility toward you guys then you are wrong. I found out you are wrong, I will kill you, I don't care about people's hate, anger or your little talk shows."

" Yesterday I showed you some Demons. Today I will unmask the Devils hidden behind the mask. 

Let me show what a villain I am to the wicked. " 

Rudra showed a menacing smile that put fear in everyone's heart and many even had a small heart attack. 

" So gentleman, today our main event has become a side event and a side event becomes the main event. " 

" So let's welcome our first guest. 

MR. CLAYFACE or Basil Karlo. You guys know about his crimes already but let me put some more light on this disgusting thing. 

Basil Karlo was the son of Vincent Karlo, who made cosmetics and masks for movies. Vincent told Basil that the secret to his success was a strange putty known as Renu, when applied to a surface, Renu would allow the sculptor to mold that material into any look they wanted. Vincent was eventually fired by his production company because they discovered that Renu was toxic to human flesh and could potentially cause illnesses.

Basil grew up and became an actor twenty years later. He quickly became incredibly successful due to his talent and good looks. On the set of his film Metamorphosis, he met his girlfriend. When the film was complete, Basil received huge critical acclaim and planned to move onto a film called Second Skin, as it reminded him of his father's old job. He soon had an interview with the casting director of a Second Skin and received the main part. 

When he was driving back to his apartment, Basil received a phone call informing him that his father had been found dead. The shock of this news caused Basil to crash his car, disfiguring him. In a desperate bid to salvage his career, he began abusing Renu to preserve his handsome appearance. When his supply began to run low, Karlo intended to steal a bulk supply of the chemical from the manufacturing plant in Gotham City, only to be apprehended by Batman. Brought to the hospital to recover, Karlo's grotesque appearance was subsequently revealed to the world in news reports of the incident. His career was ruined, and his girlfriend Glory dumped him. While in the hospital, Karlo was visited by Batman, who told him he had a choice to make him who he wanted to be. A commendable effort from our dear Batman but we all know how it turned out. 

Karlo chose poorly and attempted to break into the warehouse where the police were holding his stolen stash of Renu. When police opened fire on the vials, Karlo was doused in the chemical, changing his entire body and turning him into the monster Clayface. He then attacked the set of the Film he was fired from but was stopped by Batman.

At that time, he hasn't killed anyone. 

But after that, he discovered his powers and started to do some shady work. He has killed people and done worse things for money. 

He once killed a manager of a bank and transformed into him and then robbed the bank. You might know the manager, his name was Kain Gresser. Yes, that same guy who made the headlines and then just vanished. 

I wanted to tell his family that Kain was one of the most honest people in the world. He has helped more people than you could imagine.

Clayface after escaping prison needed money. So he thought of robbing a bank and sadly Kain was the person most suitable for this. 

Don't ask me how I know, that is for me to know. 

But this was just his first crime and he did it not because of some psychological issue or something else. He did it while being completely sane and with reason. 

He has done a lot of these crimes. 

And what have we done, Arkham? What a joke. 

But let's continue. I have already ranted about it a lot. 

This man here has killed about 20 people by himself but he was involved in the deaths of more than 700 people which include every gender, race, age. Yes, kids and what does your Government or Judicial do? Let's not kill this psycho and just put him in a place from where he can easily escape why? Because he has powers and we can use him for our dirty works and even if he didn't work for us, he will be a nice distraction for public and heroes so that no one look toward us. Easy, wouldn't you say? 

You guys will find the victims list and proof on the site. I have already sent a notification to those who were wronged by him. 

Now this guy, Moth Killer or Killer Moth. His name is Durry Walker A.K.A. Cameron Van Cleer. He was a criminal, to begin with. He was in prison before he became a supervillain. He wanted to be an idol for Gotham's unnecessary citizens that I will make sure to disappear. 

His prison identification number was 235026. There he read an article about Batman and decided to become a dark idol for the criminals of Gotham. He has killed, raped, robbed and whatnot. You will find everything about his victims and proof of his atrocities on the website. 

Oh, and when I found him there was another man with him and he had something around 20 Kg of RDX. I will use that for fireworks. 

The man that I found with him is this guy. Mr Firefly, another insect. 

Fireflie's real name is Garfield Lynns. His parents were abusive assholes, so he was sent to an orphanage where due to him being a problematic child no one ever adopted him. As he became an adult, he became a pyrotechnic and special effects expert in the film industry, but eventually fell victim to Gotham City's severe poverty issues and turned to a life of crime as a result. While he initially only committed arson during his robberies as a hobby, Lynns' compulsion to start fires soon turned into a pyromaniacal obsession as a result of his abusive and troubled childhood; he believed that he could see visions in the flames he created.

Lynns then becomes a professional arsonist known as the "Firefly" and allies himself with fellow supervillain Killer Moth to kill Batman and Robin. Obviously, he was captured by our dear hero Batman and guess where did he end up? If you guessed Arkham then you were right, and guess what he did? He escaped from there and thought of burning all the places where he lacked the privilege to go as a kid. He burned one theatre, a pier and an amusement park, killing around 40 people and badly injured 350 people. Oh, one of the victims that died was a pregnant lady. That's just his first major crime after that. 

Till now his Kill count has reached more than 100. 

So shall we start. " 

M-18 Warning start. 

All 3 of them were awake when Rudra was talking about them on the Camera. They were in some kind of metallic cylindrical chamber which had a lot of tubes going inside it from the outside. 

They may be awake, but they were not even able to blink. They could only hear what he was saying and with every word that he spoke, the feeling of dread started building inside of them. 

Clayface kept trying to access to his powers so that he could escape. 

But the most frightened person was Killer Moth, because he doesn't know how Rudra got to know about all his identities. No one knows about his real name, not even Batman.

" Sorry gentleman I was busy talking with our Audience, you know that can be tiring. But now you 3 have my full attention. 

So let's fix you first. What do you say? " Rudra said with a cheeky smile on his lips and then pressed a button. 

With that button, some chemical gases and electricity started to flow through those tubes to inside the cylindrical metal chambers. 

When the gases started to fill in and the inhabitants of those metal chambers inhale them, It was like Hell's doors were opened for our 3 Villains. 

The moment the gas entered through their noses; it burned their windpipe. Every breath became agony for them. When the gas reached their lungs, they started to burn like someone was roasting them and they were burning slowly, painfully. 

From there when the oxygen started to move from the lungs to the blood, they felt the real pain. 

All their organs were on fire, a fire that was not burning but was just inflicting terrible pain. 

They could feel their blood coursing through their veins, and they could feel how their veins were screaming in pain. 

When the blood reached the heart, the pain reached another height. But the pain was amplified by the fact that they couldn't even grunt in pain. Rudra allowed them to make expressions but not speak in any manner. 

For them, it was like someone was cutting their heart piece by piece, it was like thousands of fire ants were biting their hearts. 

And then their muscles, It was like someone was picking their muscle using a forceps. Their bones felt like someone was drilling inside them. 

Their eyes felt drier than the Sahara Desert. 

Their organs were rotting and burning inside them and then the pain somewhat started to lessen, they thought that maybe death had come to them, but they were wrong. 

It was just the healing process for them, it was just that Rudra wanted to make it extremely painful.

Rudra knew one thing that what these people needed was not physical pain but a psychological one. They could always handle physical pain, if physical punishment worked then they would have let go of their ways a long time ago, but these bastards were just not afraid of physical pain. So, Rudra first healed them, then used his omniscience once more to see if any one of them could be redeemed and the answer was no surprise, a residing NO. They were not able to. 

So now that the guys were healed. Clayface lost his ability to shapeshift but regained his former looks and the same with Firefly, his burned skin which was burned during one of his works was also healed. 

Rudra opened the chambers and lifted the restrictions of speech on Clayface or Basil now, seeing that he doesn't have his powers anymore. He manifested a mirror in front of them and all 3 of them saw it. 

Basil cried tears of happiness seeing his normal face. 

" Is this for real? " Basil asked with tears in his eyes. 

" Yes, it is," Rudra replied with a caring voice that resembled an angel but the expression on his face was telling another story. 

" Thank you. Thank you very much." Basil lost in his delusion even forgot that he was standing in front of a devil. He was so lost in his normal looks that he forgot everything. In his mind, he finally achieved his wish for which he worked so hard. His mind was already making him mad from joy. 

" Tell me, Basil. How does it feel killing an innocent who had no way of protecting himself? How does it feel killing an honest guy, impersonating him and destroying his reputation? How does it feel to destroy the hope of a family? HOW DOES IT FEEL BE INVOLVED IN THE MURDER OF COUNTLESS INNOCENT PEOPLE? " 

Rudra said with a cold voice that send chills down everyone's spine. 

Basil came out of his delusions and slowly looked back. He saw Rudra smiling at him and behind Rudra was a devil, with an enraged expression ready to swallow him. 

Basil knew running was not an option, so he did what was best known to him. He kneeled in front of him and said 

" I…" But Rudra had enough of him and before he could even utter another word, Rudra grabbed his mouth with his hand and brought his head to near his eyes that were blazing with hatred. 

" You see I don't care, because I lack the sentiment of forgiveness. I only punish and generally, I would ask people whether to kill you or forgive you but not today. " and with those words, Rudra again took away his speech. 

Rudra then opened a door that leads to an underground room and some noises were coming from that room like barking and howling. He threw all three of them in there. 

They were paralyzed, their pain senstivity heightened, and granted regeneration. 

In that room, there were 100 animals, all mechanical. They were animal robots that Rudra had manufactured.

Those robots started to tear the flesh from them, and their mouths was dripping with acid so the moment they bit into flesh it would burn too. Their flesh getting pulled out and torn from their bodies, but it kept regenerating. It was too painful that if Rudra hadn't cast his magic to reinforce their brain and psych, they would have just died just from the pain alone.

It kept going for 5 minutes and after 5 minutes they died, they died for the people of Gotham. In reality, the torture lasted for more than 3 hours in that room as Rudra accelerated the time in that room. 

But even after they died, Rudra brought them back to life and used his own Tsukuyomi Requiem on them. They then lived the life of every single one of their victims, they lived their aspirations, desires, their happiness and their guilt which was amplified. 

Their minds keep breaking and Rudra's magic keeps healing them. 

After the 100th time, they begged for death, but Rudra didn't give them that.

Then after 10,000 years of punishment, Rudra destroyed their souls.

People who were seeing this were not horrified but were happy as they read through the list of their crimes and what happened to the family and relatives of those victims. They were happy to see those bastards getting punished. 

" And now on to the main course. " 

A/N: TO BE CONTINUED IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. 

E/N: DEATH BY CLIFF!

A/N: TO READ CHAPTER 14 AND 15 AHEAD OF PUBLIC RELEASE GO ON MY PATREÓN PAGE. MEANING TO READ 2 WEEKS AHEAD OF PEOPLE. 

PATREÓN.COM/EDGELORD666 ALL IN SMALL LETTERS AND CHANGE Ó TO NORMAL O. THANK YOU.

OR IF YOU ARE ON SCRIBBLEHUB PRESS THE TIP BUTTON IT WILL TAKE YOU TO. MY PATREON PAGE. 

Discord: https://discord.gg/eg2qPqrg4Y

ENJOY GUYS.

 

12