Ch. 29 – In the Library
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Cheeseburger? What an unflattering passphrase." (Valde)

 

"Well, no amount of your bitching is going to change anything, so just accept it and move on." (Ronald)

 

Valde glared at Ronald after his statement.

 

"Anyways, I'm going to head in now, see you two on the inside." (Ronald)

 

After saying so, Ronald leaned against where the illusionary wall was with both his hands. Ronald then proceeded to mutter, "cheeseburger" quietly. After saying the passphrase, Ronald fell through the illusionary wall into the library.

 

"Alright, my turn now."

 

"Go for it." (Valde)

 

Following in Ronald's footsteps, I proceeded to place both of my hands onto the illusionary wall. It was a strange feeling. Something just felt off about touching the wall, a sense that is hard to describe. It's like the wall I'm currently touching is both real and fake at the same time. Ignoring what I was now feeling, I got back to the matter at hand. Preparing myself, I quietly muttered "cheeseburger" to the wall, and it was as if a switch had been flipped; the originally solid wall I was touching turned ethereal in a split moment. I fell through the illusionary wall and barely saved myself from falling face flat onto the library grounds.

 

Ronald was standing right in front of me with his arms out-reaching.

 

"What are you doing."

 

"I was going to catch your fall, but it seems like you had it perfectly under control." (Ronald)

 

Bam! A red-nosed Valde gradually pushed himself off the ground.

 

"Seems like I was worried about the wrong person." (Ronald)

 

"I think so too."

 

"What are you two mumbling about?" Valde said, seemingly not acknowledging what just happened said as trickles of blood were now starting to flow out of his nostrils.

 

"Nothing." Ronald and I said at the same time.

 

"Here, take this," I said to Valde as I handed him my handkerchief.

 

"Thanks." (Valde)

 

Using the handkerchief, Valde proceeded to wipe away the blood on his face.

 

"Let's head to the forbidden section now." (Ronald)

 

The forbidden section of the library was located at the corner of the library. At first glance, it didn't look any different from the rest of the library. However, it stores strong spells anywhere from restricted to some that might be potentially banned soon. Why the school still has these books? I don't know. Why is there so little security to protect against students sneaking into the forbidden section? I don't know.

 

The three of us stopped just before the line that separated the forbidden section from the rest of the library.

 

"Yo. We're finally here." (Ronald)

 

"Yeah, we are. Step inside Ronald."

 

"No, someone else do it first. I'm not going in first." (Ronald)

 

"What's going on? You scared of going in now, Ronald?" (Valde)

 

"No, I'm not, its ju—" (Ronald)

 

"No, no, no, no, no. I don't want to hear your excuses. If you're not going to step in first, then I'll do it." (Valde)

 

Without waiting for Ronald to respond, Valde confidently stepped over the line into the forbidden section of the library.

 

"Wait? You're fine?" (Ronald)

 

"Why wouldn't I be?" (Valde)

 

"I thought that there would be traps that would curse any students who enter without permission." (Ronald)

 

"You honestly believe that crap?" (Valde)

 

"And what if I do?" (Ronald)

 

"You know the school doesn't have the balls to do anything like that. If, by any chance, a noble student gets stricken by a curse from the school, the school would be in so much shit. They'll never risk something like that happening." (Valde)

 

"Oh." (Ronald)

 

"Alright, let's start exploring the books here." (Valde)

 

Valde proceeded to walk deeper into the forbidden section of the library, disappearing after turning a corner.

 

"Let's head in then."

 

"I guess so." (Ronald)

 

Both Ronald and I then proceeded to step over the line marking the boundaries of the forbidden section of the library.

0