Chapter 1
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

NOBU2

Igris rubbed his eyes and looked at Algin who was blushing, “I don’t think we should have seen that,” Igris said.

Algin peeked at Igris through his fingers and pursed his lips saying, “It’s what married couples do. You and I are married so why not do it too?”

“Don’t be ridiculous Algin,” Igris complained and lied down on the bed.

Algin looked at Igris sadly then settled down on his stomach. They both fell asleep and woke up to the sound of Queseon’s voice, “Bub wake up, the next matches are about to start, do you want to watch them?”

Igris opened his one eye and asked, “Who is fighting?”

“Well the big matches start tomorrow only and right now will be the challenger’s match, I am certain many would like to battle against you, shall we go?” Queseon asked cautiously, he could tell that Igris had not slept long.

Igris nodded his head with a yawn, he got up and placed Algin in his pocket who was grumbling and asked, “Where is my other father?”

“Outside waiting for us, he had something for you,” Queseon said with a smile.

Igris nodded and followed his father out.

Qykerth was standing with his back facing them and when he felt them step out, he turned around with a smile.

“How did you sleep?” He asked concerned, he could tell that Igris was still tired.

“Not enough, it feels like only five minutes,” Igris answered.

Qykerth nodded, “I have something for you.” He held out his hand and in his palm was a bracelet.

He looked at his father and asked, “What is it?”

“I couldn’t help it when I noticed that you were not wearing the necklace like everyone else of the merfolk clan. This here has a similar ability and I use it. We draw too much attention in our original forms and looking like the other humans is better. I adjusted it so that you would have your pale green skin,” Qykerth explained.

“Thank you,” Igris said and accepted the gift. He did not need it but it was the first thing his father gave him so of course he would take it.

He wrapped it around his left ankle and instantly turned into a human with one gold eye and one ocean blue eye.

Queseon started laughing and said, “Geez, this certainly is a problem, never did I think my son would look this handsome but terrifying.”

Algin flew out of his pocket and looked at Igris, he smiled and said, “I think he looks beautiful.”

Igris glared at Algin and said, “Come here you,” and grabbed him. He stuffed Algin in his hair who settled down with a yawn.

Qykerth nodded his head and said, “He is beautiful.”

“Please no, beautiful is for females,” Igris complained.

Qykerth chuckled, “But your father is beautiful.”

Queseon giggled, “Come on you three, we need to leave.”

Igris, Algin and Queseon appeared in the pavilion they were staying thanks to Qykerth. They walk through the doors and saw that everyone was frantic.

“Father?” Queseon called out. Emperor Cyraeneus turned around to look at him and sighed relieved.

He rushed up to his son and grandson and hugged them, “I’ve been worried sick, you weren’t hurt were you?”

He looked at them then saw Igris’s appearance and asked, “Igris?”

Igris nodded his head, “Yes grandfather.”

Prince Sidon rushed up to Igris and hugged him, “You had us worried sick, who was that man?”

Igris looked at his cousin who pulled away from the hug and looked at him in disbelief. Igris asked, “Do I look too weird?”

Prince Sidon nodded his head, “Yes, you look ugly, hide your face away.”

“I knew it!” Igris grumbled and put on a cloak.

Queson shook his head amused, “Father please do not worry, I will explain later.”

“Was it your husband?” Emperor Cyraeneus asked shocking Queseon. Queseon could tell that his father was not happy and started to tear up and said, “Father please don’t do anything, he meant no harm.”

“He meant no harm? What about the humiliation you put the family through?” Emperor Cyraeneus asked.

“Yes that was my fault. Qykerth had nothing to do with this, I am the one who went after him and didn’t our marriage give you a grandson you are proud of or are you going to change your tone and ban Igris from ever seeing his father again?” Queseon argued.

Igris looked up at his grandfather who was angry and said, “If you do that, I will kill us both!”

Emperor Cyraeneus stared down at Igris and said, “There is many who want to challenge you.”

“I’ll win,” Igris mumbled and started walking off with Prince Sidon beside him who still was baffled at how gorgeous his cousin looked.

When they reached the palace in the sky and sat down Igris said, “Stop staring at me or I will claw your eyes out.”

>You look like a girl,< Prince Sidon said with a smirk.

>Oh shut up!< Igris said to him.

“I am so glad the two of you are safe, who was that? You seemed to be familiar with him,” Emperor Rathael  said speaking to Queseon.

Queseon looked at him and said, “Oh… uh… my husband is here.”

The immortals stared at him wide-eyed, “Are you telling me that man who kidnapped you is your husband? Neither of us could even sense him!” Goddess Szuz said.

Queseon nodded his head with a smile.

Emperor Rathael narrowed his eyes and asked, “Before whisked you away, I wanted to speak to you, do you mind if we speak here?”

Queseon shook his head and even Igris looked at him.

“If I may, can I see the scarf that Prince Igris wore before?” He asked and Queseon narrowed his eyes. He turned to his son and asked, “Is it okay if I had Deliora over to him?”

Igris stared at his father then nodded slowly and everyone could tell that he was reluctant.

Deliora slowly unwrapped from Queseon’s waist and flew over to Rathael. Emperor Rathael stared at it and both Queseon and Igris, along with the Merfolk could tell that he recognised it.

A thought came to Emperor Cyraeneus’s mind then looked at Igris who was staring at the scarf in his hand cautiously.

“Why is it alive?” Emperor Rathael asked and handed it back to Igris who took it and you could tell that he was relieved.

Queseon smiled and said, “According to what I know, Deliora was named by my son but where it originates is unknown. My husband gave it to me on our wedding day and he told me that it was brought to life through death.”

“Isn’t that a forbidden magic?” Prince Sidon asked. He always wanted to know about the scarf that was alive.

Queseon nodded his head, “Yes.”

“But how? Whose lives could possibly be in there, for it to wake up?” Immortal Gin Harvik asked curiously.

“My grandmother, my uncle and my father,” Igris answered and walked away.

Queseon looked at Prince Sidon who was about to rush after him and said, “Leave him, Igris has Algin with him.”

Algin went down to the cultivation ring and sat down on the side by the stands. Algin sat down on his knee and wrapped them in a memory charm that made them look like they were just sitting there and doing nothing from the outside. They could hear what was happening outside but others couldn’t hear them.

Algin looked up at Igris and saw that he had tears in his eyes, he flew up to his face and cupped Igris’s face and said as he looked into his eyes, “You are the most beautiful creature I’ve seen.”

Igris chuckled and wiped away his tears. Algin grew to his human form and straddled Igris, he wrapped his arms around Igris’s shoulders and hugged him. Igris hugged him back and said, “I am so angry. There is so much that I want to say and do but I need to remain silent.”

Algin looked ahead of them and said, “In your case, you have been silent for most of your life, only now are you able to experience what you wanted and be angry for as long as you want.”

Algin cupped Igris’s face and rested their foreheads together, he ran the tip of his nose up and down the bridge of Igris’s nose and said, “Just don’t be mad at me.”

Igris stared at Algin who was doing this and said to asked, “Why would I ever be mad at you?”

Algin opened his eyes and looked into Igris’s eyes. He stared into them and said, “I will always be by your side understand?”

Igris nodded his head. Algin smiled and kissed him on the forehead. He climbed off of Igris and sat down beside him and leaned his head on Igris’s shoulder and said as he took Igris’s hand in his, “I love you Igris.”

Igris leaned his head against Algin’s and mumbled, “I love you too.”

So you made it this far :D - Book one can be found on my patreon with this story as well for $2.

There will be 2 more chapters available for free, until then, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

The cover is awesome right xD

1