QUEST ERROR: Robyn
25 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I- Where did- Genesis! Where did everyone go!” Robyn shouted. She turned to face the ceiling as if the voice came from above. In reality, its origin was still unknown. Facing a certain direction wasn’t necessary to communicate with the omnipotent voice. Robyn could have yelled at her feet and have had the same result. The exact words that echoed through the hollow halls were all that mattered. It was the only thing that Genesis would listen to now.

“THEY ARE IN THEIR OWN TEMPORARY REALITY. ALL MEMBERS OF [THE UNNAMED TEAM] HAVE RECEIVED THE SAME MISSION PROMPT, BUT ONLY ONE MAY ASCEND. PLEASE, SIT ATOP THE THRONE AND COMPLETE THE FINAL MISSION.”

“No way. I’m not going to just blindly follow your orders without being told what they're about!” Robyn yelled. It felt refreshing to bark at the unflinching voice. Never before had she felt so defiant. Robyn knew she had the power to bargain with the system. It was unlikely that anyone would immediately sit on the throne, so there was plenty of time to spare. She could have a conversation with Genesis and finally uncover some hidden truths.

“VERY WELL,” Genesis said. The response came out almost immediately as if expecting several questions to be asked. Another Robyn appeared next to the throne. This one wore a blank expression. The clone may have been a perfect copy of the original, but it lacked Robyn’s humanity. The two blinked several times and stared at each other. One watched in disbelief. The other patiently waited. The alternative version of her was the first to speak, “I WILL ANSWER WHATEVER QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE. WILL THAT SUFFICE?”

“Yeah. Let’s start with whatever you are.” Robyn said. She took a step back. This scenario felt odd to her. If the Genesis Program was anything like the stories she read or movies she watched, then the next task would be to defeat herself. The Genesis version of Robyn showed no hostility, but that could always change. In preparation, the original assumed a battle stance as an answer was delivered.

“A SYSTEM. ONE CREATED BY SUPREME BEINGS TO MAINTAIN THIS WORLD’S BALANCE.”

“How?” Robyn asked. Far too many questions formed in her mind. Balance? Supreme beings? It seemed like every answer would only spawn more questions and spark wild theories. To that end, Genesis could always stop with its generous explanations. Robyn could be left with nothing more than crumbs of knowledge. She had to ask whatever popped into her mind first. Otherwise, she might lose her only chance at understanding the Genesis Program.

“BY REPLACING THE ACTIVE DEMON KING AND FOUR CARDINAL VIRTUES EVERY SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY YEARS.”

“Why that much time?” Robyn asked. It seemed like an arbitrary amount of years. The number wasn’t unique nor was it uniform. One could argue that a thousand years would have been a better standard. Five hundred years may have also been a good number to choose. Then again, it was hard for Robyn, a human, to understand the thought processes of powerful beings, the creators of the Genesis Program.

“IT WAS DEEMED AS THE MOST OPTIMAL PERIOD OF TIME TO WAIT BETWEEN ACTIVATIONS. CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING: YOU HAVE MET SOME POWERFUL PEOPLE. WHERE DID THEIR POWER COME FROM?”

“What?” Robyn said. Her mind didn’t have to search far for examples of powerful people. Aside from The Heroes of The Voice, there were several people: Paladin Rose, Huntsman Damian, Peter Knight, and Gerhki. The various monarchs throughout the land were also powerful in their own right. Of course, there were also the sins to consider. The only problem Robyn faced when thinking about these people was deciding if they were strong or if The Unnamed Team was weak.

“IT IS THE RESULT OF THE WORLD’S POWER BECOMING UNSTABLE. MANY RACES, SUCH AS HUMANS, ARE REACHING LEVELS THAT ARE RESERVED FOR [TITLE HOLDERS] AND PARTICIPANTS OF THE GENESIS PROGRAM. AS SUCH, SOMETHING NEEDED TO BE DONE TO RESTORE THE WORLD’S BALANCE AND MAINTAIN THE STATUS QUO. THAT IS WHY THE GENESIS PROGRAM WAS BORN."

2