Chapter 1.2: The Entrance Ceremony
38 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Um... Hi..."

If it was fate for us to meet again, then maybe there was a chance for him to become my friend?

I expected a response, but instead, the green-eyed boy turned his head away from me, without uttering a single word.

...Ok, maybe not.

Still tired from running, I decided that it wasn't worth it wasting my time on him.

Therefore, I should just ignore him!

I clenched my fist and decided that this guy was not gonna be a part of my school year.

"...What's your name."

"Hiii!!!"

Suprised by the sudden response, or should i say jumpscare, I accidentally screamed. He glared at me earlier but now he's asking for my name... Just what is wrong with this dude?

"Eh.. Uh.. Umm.."

I hesitated whether I should give this stranger my name or not.

"I'm Yuuto. Yuuto Hirota."

Suddenly, the boy started talking. Huh.. He actually speaks like a normal human being.

"Ah... I'm Haru Kobayashi. Nice to meet you!"

"...Ok."

What a response...

I wanted to converse with him more, but the entrance ceremony had already began.

All throughout it, I was a little bit bored. I yawned alot and almost fell asleep 3 times.

Well.. It should be ok if I just close my eyes right?

I closed my eyes, hoping it would remedy my sleepiness. But after 5 minutes, I started to feel sleepy again.

"Oi."

As my head started to fall, a warm hand suddenly grabbed my shoulder.

"Don't fall asleep."

I opened my eyes quickly and realized that Yuuto had woken me up.

"Ah.. Sorry."

Ugh... Considering his personality, I wonder if he got angry at me...

"Don't need to.. apologize..."

Yuuto was muttering something but I couldn't hear it because it was too quiet.

"Alright then, The Ability Summoning will start now. Goodluck everyone!"

The man on the stage cheered on the both excited and nervous students as he walked away.

Ah... So it's time huh?

The Ability Summoning is when students are given a drop of Holy Water to activate their abilities.

There were black-clothed men everywhere, each giving students a drop of Holy Water.

As I waited for my turn, I turned my head to talk to Yuuto.

"What ability do you think i'll get?"

I asked jokingly.

"Ability of Stupidity."

"Eh..."

I thought you were my friend, Yuuto...

Finally, the black-clothed man got to my seat.

"Your hands, please."

"Ah..! Yes!"

The black clothed man poured a drop of Holy Water into my hands and told me to rub my hands as if I was washing them.

I did what he said, wondering about what ability I would get.

Shortly after, the black-clothed man left me alone and walked to the seat behind me.

"Your hands, please."

"..."

The person behind me was sleeping peacefully without a care in the world. The black-clothed man asked the sleeping boy again with a loud voice, but there was no response. The black-clothed man clicked his tongue and moved on to another seat.

***

It was already the end of the entrance ceremony, so I decided to indulge in the sweet deserts on the table in front of the stage

Apparently, the food was there for the party after the entrance ceremony.

They sure treat their students well...

I thought as I took a bite of the slice of cake I picked up.

"Hm? Are you not gonna stay for the party?"

Noticing that Yuuto was about to leave, i asked out of curiousity.

"No. I hate crowds."

He said indifferently.

Hmm... Is he an introvert or something?

I silently went back to my seat as Yuuto left the school gym.

2