She’s a Genius
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Li Min and Jin Bao arrived at the study area where they see a young pretty girl sketching something. Jin Bao tried to sneak up on her but alas, this sly girl already noticed them arrive. She let out a teasing smile towards Jin Bao, letting out her tongue on him. Jin Bao didn't know whether to laugh or cry after putting himself in this situation. After teasing Jin Bao a little bit, she immediately noticed Li Min and bowed her head. Li Min bowed his head as well and Jin Bao followed as well. Li Min noticed the sketch she made and was impress.

Li Min: As expected from Xiao Mei.

Mei Xue: It's really nothing, Li Ge.

Li Min knew that Mei Xue was just being humble since sketching the school yards in a detailed matter is clearly something. Li Min proceeded to bring out the study materials for The Finals and handed over a copy to both Jin Bao and Mei Xue.

Li Min: Anyway, here's the materials. Xiao Jin will be joining us for this session, hope you don't mind.

Mei Xue: No worries hehe.

Jin Bao was looking at Mei Xue curiously, wondering what's special about her. Everyone took turns asking each other questions and that lying bastard Li Min said he didn't study at all, but he was able to answer all their questions!

Li Min: This is getting boring...

Jin Bao: Shut up!

Mei Xue: Hehe, Li Ge is so good!

Since the tutoring session is getting boring, Li Min decided to bring out diagrams and try out geometry questions for everyone. The fast paced answering they had a while ago was stop as each one of them ponders on the diagram. Li Min was about to say something but suddenly, Mei Xue said the answer.

Mei Xue: Is it 37°?

Li Min: Yes, that's right. I was about to say that, but I was too slow.

Jin Bao: Wait, you guys are too fast!

Jin Bao now realized why Mei Xue is a jingying. Mei Xue is the top student in the visuo-spatial ability test conducted by the school, where she has one of the rarest ability to comprehend diagrams in a way that even the other jingyingmen aren't able to do it.  After a couple of diagrams, it was clear that Mei Xue was on a different league from them. Li Min just let out a laugh and removed himself from his carefree posture.

Li Min: Xiao Mei is so scary as always, you really grown from your Qin Shuxue Jishu.

Jin Bao: Wait... what's Qin Shuxue Jishu?

Mei Xue: Hehe, it's nothing. Just a Jishu passed upon each family member, I believed it is from the Qin Dynasty.

Qin Shuxue Jishu

Qin Shuxue came from the Qin Dynasty, where it is believed to be around 213 - 210 B.C. Nothing much is really known about this due to books being burnt and scholars being buried. Knowledge on this was evident in civil projects and historical evidences, where the civil projects of the Qin Dynasty had shown great feats in human engineering. One of those is The Great Wall of China, which required many mathematical techniques. All of the Qin Dynasty Buildings and grand projects are designed with geometric skills of architecture, where it used advance computation formulas for the volume, area, and proportion.

It can be clearly seen that the mother side of Mei Xue is from the Qin Family. After her being able to answer all those diagrams with ease, Li Min knew that she is getting better at the Qin Shuxue Jishu. Jin Bao was shock by this, having this Jishu and an exceptional visuo-spatial skill makes her truly a genius!

Jin Bao: She is truly a genius...

Li Min: See? Told you so.

Mei Xue: Hehe, I won't really call myself that to be honest.

Li Min continued the tutoring session and discussed the key details they needed to accomplish for this week. It was always satisfying for him to do this. People might say that this does not benefit him, but if you think about it, it does. Richard Feynman said that, "If you want to master something, teach it." This is a saying Li Min devoted himself to ever since primary school, always wanting to enhance his capabilities. Hours passed, the bell rang again to signal the end of the school's clubs.

Jin Bao: Oh, it's the end of the school's clubs. I wonder why you guys never joined any.

Li Min: Well, we jingyingmen have our own club.

Mei Xue: Yep. Sadly, only Li Ge and I are close. The other 3 have their own worlds.

Li Min: I would call ourselves lucky since we don't need to socialize in those clubs. Anyway, how about you Xiao Jin. Why aren't you in a club?

Jin Bao fell into silence, thinking about why he hadn't join any clubs this school year. He thought that the school schedule was already a burden for him or that he wasn't really interested with the available clubs in the school. Then he realized something, Li Min was the reason why he decided not to join any clubs. He enjoyed hanging out with him throughout school hours; not caring about the incentive to be gotten when joining a club.

Jin Bao: Got lazy I guess haha!

Li Min: Can't argue with that, since that reason is valid for me considering it's you.

Mei Xue: Hehe. Anyway, we better get going now. I had fun today hehe, xie xie ni Li Laoshi!

As they all proceeded to fixed their things, Li Min recognized a figure from a far. It was one of the jingyingmen whom he hated. He really hates that person's arrogant attitude, though that person has the skills to back up their words. The figure came closer to him, putting a smirk on their face.

Li Min: Oh, how fun. We finally meet again.

Take Note of the following terms:

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry (哭笑不得): It is an idiom used in an awkward situation.

Surname + ge (哥): It is used to address a guy older than you and it means older brother.

Qin Shuxue (秦数学): It means Qin Mathematics.

Jishu (技术): It means technique.

Xie xie ni (谢谢你): It means thank you.

0