Chapter 2 – Imprisonment
75 5 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No class, what does that mean? As I looked up I saw Thorne whispering something in the kings ear. During this conversation the kings face darkened and quickly turned into a face of rage.

"Guards take him away!"

As the guards were closing in on him, Oscar started panicking. Why why are they taking me away. I looked at the other heroes for help but they just stood there, looking at me like it was only natural for me to be taken away.

The guards dragged me out of the throne room into the hallway, then down a set of stairs. After a few minutes of being dragged around we arrived in what I can only assume is the dungeon of this castle.

After I was thrown in a cell they closed the door and I was left in almost complete darkness, the only bit of light that was coming through was via the crack underneath the door.

Feeling my way around the cell I found a small heap of straw in the corner for me to lay on and a bucket presumably for my bodily functions. 

After sitting in the dark for what felt like a couple of hours the door to my cell opened and a guard walked in. He set down a cup of water and a piece of bread.

Just before he turned around to walk back out again I asked him why they had thrown me in this cell.

"You still don't understand! Because of you we have to make do with one less hero to save us! You basically killed thousand if not hundreds of thousands of people by coming here, worthless piece of filth! I'll be glad when they will have hanged you for treason next week."

As he was turning around he spit in my face and smirked before he closed the door again. 

Treason, hanged? Shit I got to get out of here. But how I don't have a fancy class with strong power ups like the other heroes do. Reaching for the stale piece of bread, I started mulling over an escape plan whilst having my meal, when suddenly.

Installing Banner system... 1% complete.

Startled I looked at the screen that appeared in front of me. What is this? The others weren't able to see anything about their powers without that appraisal item. After a minute the screen changed to show that was now 2% complete. Seems like I'll have to wait for a while to see what this Banner system is about. This could be my ticket out of this place.

Banner system installation complete.

Ah it's finally complete, now let me see what I've got here. Uhm how do I access this system, status hmm no, menu aha there it is. After that a menu popped up. 

Welcome to the Banner System. With this system you can rally troops to your banner and eventually create your very own kingdom. But before we can do all of that please create your banner.

After some time he submitted his banner and it looked like this.

After he created his banner he was able to access the Banner system itself.

Level 1
Troop summon
Troop equipment
Inventory
Map

Clicking on Troop summon, I saw that I had one template unlocked and I was able to summon four soldiers right now. Awesome with the help of four fully equipped soldiers I should be able to escape from here.

Exiting the summon tab and heading over to the Troop equipment tab, I was utterly disappointed. They didn't have any equipment, at least they did have some clothes. At the moment they were equipped with a common tunic, common pants and common shoes.

Looking for a way to better equip these soldiers, I found out that if I wanted to equip them I needed a piece of equipment in my inventory or in my hands and by converting this worlds currency I could then make that piece of equipment standard for al of my summoned troops.

Two problems right there, one I don't have any equipment and two I don't have any money.

Alright think, I still should be able to get out of this with the help of four people. Hmmm the next time the guard is going to bring my food I should be able to surprise and overwhelm him, if I stack my soldiers up behind the door. Alright that's settled tomorrow morning I'm going to escape.

Quest obtained.

Escape the dungeon.

Reward: Troop equipment - common short sword, common leather chest armor 

Looks like I will be able to obtain Troop equipment through quests as well. Okay time to get some sleep, it will be a busy day tomorrow.

2