3. Friends
6k 12 119
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When we heard our names being called, we turned to the source of the voice.

"Ah, good morning Endou."

A man with a physique that was smaller than Kazuto's and whose hair was cut slightly thin and displayed a friendly smile, and a pleasant-looking face. His name is Endou Hikaru, he is a person who can change the atmosphere with just his behavior. He is a friend who has always helped and encouraged me in the past. He will not hesitate to help whenever there is a problem. Even in this life, he is still Kazuto's friend, the different thing is that he becomes my friend too (as Misaki).

"I thought you sre important person, but not. Misaki, let's walk again."

Kazuto ignoring Endou's greeting.

"Are you that hateful to me!? Could it be...... you're still angry because the porn magazine I borrowed for you was confiscated by the teacher—"

—Ahh!

The answer received was a smack in the stomach. After that Endou immediately fell KO on the spot.

"Onii-chan, what does that mean?"

I looked at Kazuto with a cold smile and dark face. Why are you ruining my image as your ex, huh?

"W-Wait, Misaki! Woah, please don't look at me with those empty eyes! I'll explain everything but please stop looking at me like that first!"

He immediately panicked when he saw my expression.

I'm not mad at him because he owns a porn magazine (I had one too), what I don't like is that he exposes his own disgrace. Luckily it was Endou who was the victim who was caught, I also felt sorry for him because he was directly hit by big him.

"Next time don't do it again, understand?"

"Fine, fine, fine, fine!"

Kazuto nodded repeatedly in panic, he was like a chicken pecking the ground.

"Good."

My expression back to normal after that.

He was immediately relieved upon seeing it. Am I that scary?

"And apologize to Endou's spirit, may his life be peaceful in another realm."

"I'm still alive, hey!"

Hearing my words, Endou who pretended to be unconscious immediately stood up and rise from his grave. Even though Endou wasn't as tall as Kazuto he had the same physical strength as him, so that hit even though it hurt, he was able to endure it without any problems.

"Alright let's go then."

"Don't think I don't exist like that! That's not funny."

Ignoring Endou's grumbling and Kazuto's presence as well, I walked back to school. No, I completely ignored the existence of the two of them, and Endou grumbled alone like crazy, while Kazuto just resigned himself to a heavy sigh. That's your punishment for being caught carrying a porn magazine~

"Then we separate here. Endou, Onii-chan don't do anything lewd, understand?"

I looked at them with empty eyes to make sure they're really won't do it. Who knows what will they do in their class. 3rd-Class students and 1st-class students were quite far apart, so we could only meet during breaks on the balcony. I can't watch what lewd acts they're going to do.

"F-fine."

"Misaki-chan hurts me even though I'm not that kind of person. But at least you stop pretending I don't exist, see you later."

Endou seems happy after his existence was back. His mouth let out a lot of complaints but he smiled in a pleasant way. I was confused whether he was complaining or happy.

"I'm still mad at you guys, you know."

I said in a cold tone. Endou became a little stiff as he finally turned around and ran away.

"See you later Misaki-chan!"

And with that sentence, we parted in the corridor. Ah, I saw him being reprimanded by the teacher for running in the corridor. Poor Endou.

---
In the classroom.

"Quiet as usual, huh."

I used to come earlier than everyone else. It was a habit from the past to avoid the curse that came from my sister. And that habit still continued until now, the current Kazuto was also affected by it even though he wasn't used to it at first. For Endou, he did come early for unknown reasons.

Sitting in my chair close to the entrance door, I immediately opened my bag and read a book to pass the time. It's only 7:15 in the morning. There was still quite some time before class started. The quiet atmosphere of the class made me feel comfortable while reading until I was interrupted by something.

"Hmm? What is this?"

Looking at the column of my desk, there was a clean white letter placed there. I don't remember putting anything before.
I took it and opened it.

"A letter?"

In the end, I read the contents of the letter and it turned out to be.....

Love letter.

"Okay......"

What is this!? It's only been a week since I entered this school and I got a love letter!? Wtf?! It's still junior high school, you know?! Do children grow up fast!!?

It's the first time I've received love letters, event from past or present. I have no interest in that right now, especially since I'm an ex-boy. The question is how do I politely reject it?

"Saki-chan, good morning!"

That thought was cut when someone called out to me from the front door.

"Good morning Sakura-san."

A girl came excitedly towards me when I returned her greeting.

Sakura Hideyoshi. As the name implies she was born when the cherry blossoms bloomed, besides that her hair also had the same color as the flower. The appearance of her childish face and large pupils made her look very cute. her cheerful nature also makes people in the class like her. She was the first person who talks to me on the first day and we became friends. Even seeing my blank expression doesn't make her lose interest in being friends with me.

"Come on Saki-chan, don't be so formal. We've been friends for a week! Take a look at the way I speak Sa-ki-chan."

After saying that, she came to me and touched my shoulder cheerfully. Come to think of it, she calls me "Saki-chan" to show her familiarity with me. From her eyes she also looks sincere to be friends with me, should we try it?

"Err... W-what about Sakura-chan?"

I asked shyly. Sakura's eyes widened at my words before finally smiling happily.

"That's it! Finally, Saki-chan stopped speaking formally to me!"

Sakura jumping up and down like a bunny in joy, she looked so cute when she did. To be honest, I always speak formally to people in the class, maybe they think of it as a barrier to not approach me. Those are past habits that are hard to change. But now it's different, I want to be friends with everyone if I can, one of my regrets is being lonely without many friends, at that time I thought the only friend I had was Endou. Ah, how nostalgic. Will it happen again?

"Ara, it's been so early this morning already. Is there anything good, Sakura-chan?"

Standing in front of the door, a girl exudes an elegant aura with long black hair, curly eyelashes, and a charming smile with a calm facial appearance. Her name is Shinomiya Sasami. She is a character that can be called Ojou-sama even though she is only 13 years old. I even wondered if a kid our age was really capable of being as mature as she was.

"Shino-chan! Listen. Finally, Saki-chan talking to me without any formally!"

Sakura immediately puffed out her chest proudly as if she had achieved a high achievement.

"Hee, really?"

Shinomiya glanced at me and flashed a smile. I responded with a slightly awkward smile as I greeted her.

"Good morning, Shinomiya-san."

"Good morning. By the way, since you have called Sakura's name without a formal tone, please do the same to me too."

Shinomiya too?

"Yes! Shino-chan and I have been friends for a long time, so please address her the same way as me!"

Sakura held my hand while waiting for my decision with her eyes shining brightly. I'm a little hesitant to be in a relationship with other women. I mean, I'm an ex-boy, you know. But still, my feelings are neutral towards them, both male and female.
So I guess it's okay?

"W-it's fine if you insist. Erm... Shino-chan? Can I call you that?"

Why does calling them make me so embarrassed?

Shinomiya curled her lips happily when I called her that.

"Of course, Saki-chan."

With her approval, we ended up being friends. "By the way Saki-chan, what paper do you have in your hand?"
Sakura asked curiously. Ah, she reminded me of another problem.
Should I say it?

"Hahh, actually I got a love letter."

I answered with a heavy breath.

"Woah! It's only been a week and you've got a love letter? That's great!"

Sakura suddenly became more excited when she heard the word love letter. I'm a bit overwhelmed by her nature.

"Well, it's only natural for Saki-chan since she was the top 1 most beautiful girl in the junior class on the wall magazine yesterday."

Shinomiya thought about the cause.

Eh? What the hell is that? It's the first time I hear it.

"Wait, I didn't know this? How could that happen."

I never heard that Misaki had been on that list in the past, and now I'm the one who is number 1 instead? It's a joke, isn't it?

"I think you guys are even prettier than me. Doesn't the wall magazine club have eyes?"

I said it with an angry face.

Shinomiya and Sakura glanced at each other before finally looking back at me with a sigh. What's wrong?

"From any angle, Saki-chan is prettier and cuter than us."

"Umm, that's quite true."

"Ugh.." I somehow couldn't refuse their statement.

"So, what are you going to do with the love letter thing?"

Shinomiya asked with a calm face.

"Of course I would refuse, but..."

"But?"

"I don't want to hurt him."

In the past, Endou confessed to someone. For the first time I saw my friend fall in love, he looked hopeful and couldn't sleep about what was going to happen the next day. He was really excited. But what he got turned out to be a rejection from the girl he liked. After that Endou experienced depression and deep sadness for 2 weeks, as his friend could only encourage him a little.
From that moment, I began to understand how terrible the direct rejection of a woman can be.
As an ex-man, I understand how I should treat people who confess to me.

"It turns out that Saki-chan is a gentle person, huh."

Shinomiya's words made me feel embarrassed.

"Shino-chan, Tsundere's character actually exists in the real world!"

It was a huge bomb that Sakura had thrown by accident.

"It-It's not like I'm worried or anything, okayy!"

"That words come out!"

Sakura looked at me as like she was staring at some heroine characters from an anime.

I'm not a Tsundere!!

119