Ch 4
465 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hearing what Maison said, I was shocked.  I still really doubted this fluffy rabbit was dangerous.  “Now let’s go back to the library.  We need to train you on your abilities.  You have quite a few and this will take a while for you to absorb the knowledge.  Knowing how magic works and being able to make magic do what you want are completely different.  Afterall you are barely a bronze apprentice right now.  Now bring Caerbannog with you and let’s go to the library.”

Reaching the library, I was told to have Caerbannog sit with me on the jade slab.  Dozens of books floated toward us and what I thought was painful earlier was just doubled.  I felt a little bit bad for Caerbannog as he was screaming in pain.  That sympathy didn’t last long as I felt the pain come back to myself.  Once again, I lost track of time.  Once my vision cleared up I stood up and looked at Caerbannog laying sprawled out twitching with his hind legs twitching.

“Don’t worry about him. He will be fine after some time.  I gave him a lot of knowledge and this will help keep you alive.  I am taking you to the training room as you need to practice a bit before you start going through the doors.  Unsummon Caerbannog and let him rest.  He might even get lucky and learn some magic as well.  Now with what you know on how to use the different magics, let me stress one thing.  Magic is only as strong as your imagination.  Everyone knows how to throw a fireball and how to defend against it.  What can you do that is different from that?  What sort of attacks and defense can you create with your abilities?  You have the knowledge to do this but are you smart enough to figure it out.  Now into the training room.”

A door opened and instead were many wooden manikins.  They were all standing in neat rows by the far wall.  The room was at least 100mx100m.  It looked like a giant gymnasium.  I saw five dummies walking toward me and stopped when they were twenty meters away.

“These dummies are only set to defend.  It is impossible for you to hurt them so don’t hold back.  Once you get familiar with your spells we will stop and talk.  Then they will start attacking you one at a time.  You are good at running, so remember that you don’t have to block an attack that can’t hit you.  Now let’s begin.”

One of the dummies stepped forward while the other four stepped off the side.  Focusing on the target, my right hand has a flame appear above it while cracking and sparks are coming from my left hand.  Fire was a pretty common magic from school, but I don’t remember the last time I heard of anyone in school having this.  Without making a throwing motion I sent the fire toward the dummy.  It was pretty sad, but I wanted to get the hang of it.  I then sent the lightning toward the dummy.  This did a bit more than the fire as the fire just hit the dummy and poofed away.  The lightning seemed to stick to the dummy, while wrapping around the dummy.  

Hours have gone by with me playing with my magic.  I found out after a while that due to my magic crystal’s rotation speed, I have a nearly endless magic reserve.  During my training, Maison kept telling me to use my imagination and have fun with it.  After a while I was able to combine the fire and lightning together in my attacks.  This seemed to be the best of both worlds.  My fireball had electricity running through it and when it splashed, would act almost like my chain lightning.  Haven’t found many uses for my darkness magic but it does allow me to hide and move in shadow.  I am not able to attack while hiding yet.  Once I get a better understanding of it, I believe it will be a great method to attack and run away.  I am also using wind around me for makeshift armor, while it also increases my speed.  I wanted to combine it with fire but I couldn’t balance the both out and would constantly put the fire out.  Lastly my healing magic is slow to heal me but if it's not life threatening, I can survive.  I was also told by Maison that I am at the platinum apprentice level.  Since my crystals are sucking in so much magic that it is giving my body a thorough dousing of magic.  Healing a lot of my malnourishment as well as strengthening my entire body.  My body is acting as a dried-up sponge being dropped into water.

“Now that you have some knowledge, let's get you into the first door.  As you kill creatures they will leave behind their crystals.  Make sure you pick them up and store them in your ring.  After you get to spellcaster strength I will let you out.  That should put you above most in this area.  Now follow me 

Opening the first door in the hallway showed a large area with tall grass.  “Call out Caerbannog so he can help you.”  You can spend up to 48 hours there, if you're lucky.  The most powerful beings in there will be in the spellcaster realm.  You should be able to match most of them.  Good luck”

“Thanks” Stepping through the door I went from the stone floor hallway to a grass field.  The second my foot touched the field I lost sight of the doorway.  Looking to my right I saw Caerbannog hunching down snarling toward the tall grass.  I might as well take away some grass.  I started throwing flames out toward the grass to burn it away.

I see the grass moving as you can see objects running through it.  Three red foxes jump through some of the fire.  Caerbannog jumped on the closest red fox and bit the things head off.  Caerbannog has probably about 50 lbs of muscle with two big ass teeth. That he just used to decapitate the fox.  I shot lightning fox to the far left which unfortunately was dodged rather easily by it.  The other fox charged Caerbannog who jumped back and kicked the fox toward his buddy.  The two collided and I laid into them with fire and lightning cooking both.  

I just chuckled, if it wasn’t for Caerbannog, this fight would have lasted a lot longer and would have been way more difficult.  The bodies turned to ash after a few moments and all that was left were 3 small crystals.  Looking at them for a little bit, I didn’t notice anything special about them besides the pure mana that they were giving off.  Looking around I saw a forest off in the distance.  “Let's go hunting buddy.”

 

4