Ch 12
228 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Heading to the market with a smile on my face.  Thinking about all that I learned in the office.  I guess I can get rich fast, but I need to figure out how to get Frank in with me.  Being lost in thought I made my way down to the market.  I came out of my thoughts when I walked up to his store.  I entered and saw a few people standing around shopping.  I went to the clerk and asked to speak to Frank.  The clerk recognized me and left and ran to the back after asking me to wait.  About a minute later Frank walked out, out of breath fixing his clothes.  (best way to describe frank…. Jack Black)

“Sorry to bother you but we need to chat in private for a few, if you don’t mind Frank.”

“Not at all Chase, follow me please.”  He led me to his actual office this time.  “So what brings you back already Chase?”

“Business deal possible and looking for information.”  We reached his office and he opened the door and inside was naked catkin spread across Frank's desk purring.”  I turned around after getting a full view of her glory.  

“Sorry about that Chase. Honey, I told you to put clothes on.”  “Sorry sweetie, I didn’t think you were bringing anyone in here for a while.”  I heard her hop off the desk and get dressed.  “Sorry about that Chase, this is my partner in crime Aiko Swiftooth.”  I turned around to greet her.  (looks like a very mature Koneko Tojo)

“Hello, nice to meet you Aiko.”

She seemed surprised when looking at me, “Nice to meet you too Chase, I will excuse myself so you boys can talk about boring stuff.”  She gave Frank a kiss and left the office, shutting the door behind her.  Frank's face was red from embarrassment which was quite funny.

I sat on the couch and made myself comfortable while he went and started putting stuff back on his desk.  Finally after a minute he sat down.

“So, do you know anything about the crystal supply stopping?”  

“I found out last night about some of it.  The two companies that come from Westeros said they ran into issues and couldn’t supply us anymore.  This also came after it was told that the princess who is supposed to marry one of their princes is pregnant.  The marriage was supposed to happen in a month or so.  Most likely a fall out from this.”

“So what is the impact on everyone in general Frank?”

“Prices on most things are going to skyrocket, most of everything revolved around crystals we got from those two companies.  Our nation is up against those damn horrible mountains and our only place to really get crystals is from the forest next to the mountains.   This country doesn’t have much mana so most beasts don’t have crystals.  Causing us to import most.  Oz where the two companies are located is flowing with mana, that is why they farm and sell us crystals.  While our main income is from the mines around the mountains.  Which are horrible from all the damn strong monsters that occasionally show up.  So currently our nation is kind of in a big hurt.”

“Gotcha, give me a minute to think about some things.” (Mental conversation [ ] )

[Maison, can you hear me.] [Yes Chase I have heard everything and know what you have been doing since you have been back, naughty boy]

[Oh yeah, did you enjoy the show?]

[You are shameless, what do you want?]

[Is there a way I can make a contract with them to keep what we discuss private?]

[Yes, you need them to drop some blood on some the contract paper I have in the tardis]

[I will need a few pieces if you don’t mind]

“So I have a great deal for you but it requires some secrecy between the three of us.  Aiko please come out from behind the wall, you might as well join us”  

The wall slid forward and she stepped out and was blushing again like a kid caught with their hand in the cookie jar.


“So I am going to make a contract with the both of you. It is only going to say that everything we talk about will be a secret between the three of us.  If you try to break it, it will be very painful and could possibly kill you.  Even you Aiko being a Warlock won’t help you out.”  After saying that both of their eyes bulged with surprise.

I pulled a blank parchment out, started writing everything down and dropped some blood on it.  I slid it over to them and let them look at it.  Frank pulled a knife out and sliced his thumb and dripped some blood on the parchment followed by Aiko.  A flash of light came from the paper and the parchment disappeared.  

“Now then, how about we take over the missing amount of crystals for the capital.”

“Do you know how many crystals it would take for this to happen Chase?  Thousands of crystals a month were sold from the two companies.”    

“What level of crystals were being sold to the capital; do you know Frank?”

“From what I heard; most were apprentices with maybe 20% being spellcasters.”

“If I provided that to you, could you make up a cover for me, so I stayed out of attention.  I prefer to remain anonymous.  I also want you to find out the more dangerous areas in the mountains that cause the most issues including the creatures causing the most issues.”  Frank and Aiko both had a shocked look on their faces.  I waited a minute before they came back to their senses.

“Chase, can you provide that many crystals?”

“The crystal problem will be taken cared of.  Can you do what I’m asking though?  I don’t want any hassle; I want a normal life for now.  I also will work on clearing the mountain if you are able to get me the information I need.”

“Yes, we can always use the generic we found an old powerful hermit providing us with crystals.  The information is easy to gather about the mountain issues.  I will contact the guild”

“Now for the details, I want 20% of the profit.  I want the rest of my shares to go toward the schools, not the academies.  I also want you to hire anyone from families who need kids to go to advanced courses but can’t afford it.  You can figure out the bullshit to cover it.  You will need to create some people for processing what I bring out of the mountains.  Once I get most of it cleared, we send hunters in the cleared areas for more crystals.”  

“Are you able to do all of this?  If so, you will really save this kingdom from a lot of trouble.”

“Give me a week and I will see what I can do.  I need a map of the mountains and problem areas and animals.  Now let’s sign another contract with all the details and let’s keep our little meeting a secret.”

I pulled another paper out and wrote down all the details about what we talked about.  After the three of us dropped our blood down on the parchment it flashed again, vanishing from sight.

“Do you have a storage ring big enough for the crystals Frank?”  After asking him he pulled a ring out of his desk and handed it to me.  I put 5k apprentice and spellcaster crystals in the ring.  I also tossed another 1k warlock crystals.  I put a few giant stacks of contract parchment.  Maison informed me they were easy to make and we had more than enough to last a long time.

“Try hiring some diamond spellcasters.  I gave you 1k warlock crystals and a bunch of contract paper.  This should give us quite a few new warlocks and you need to sign them to us for 20 years each before giving them any warlock crystals.  Aiko, you can also use them to see about getting close to Magi.  Once I clear an area of the major issues, I will mark them on the maps for you so you know where to send the hunters.”  Frank was grinning from ear to ear.  He was just seeing gold falling from the sky as I kept talking.  Aiko noticed this as well and shook her head.

I tossed him the ring, watching his eyes bulge as the ring was in the air was comical.  He caught it and looked in the ring, I could tell when he did it.  He gasped and once again was acting like he won the lottery.

“Now I have lots to do as I am sure you have a lot to do as well.  Make sure all schools know about the new crystals and obviously the royalty should know as well.  You are going to be busy, I will stop by in 2 days to get the map.  Do you have a spare office I can have?”

“Sure follow me” He led me out of his office and right next to it was another room.  It was more of a storage room.  “I will have it cleaned up for you.  Please don’t mind the mess.”  

“That’s fine, put a safe in the office that only you, me and Aiko know the combo to.  Check it daily as I will leave stuff in it.  Put a few space rings in there and I will leave the stuff in them.  Take care for now.  See you in a few days.”

We walked out of the store together.  I headed back toward the orphanage while thinking about what I needed to do.

(Frank POV)

“Aiko let's go back.”  After getting back to the office, he shut the door.  “Can you believe it?  How strong is he?  Can you tell?”

“I can’t tell honey; he is far past me and so young.  I am sure he could kill us both with a simple thought.”

“I know, this is simply a heavenly hand given to us.  We have a lot to do but now you can’t say no to me anymore and will have to marry me.”

“How so Frank?”

“You said you would marry me after I became the richest man in town.  Look in the ring.”  I tossed her the ring and her eyes went huge.

“Wow, I never thought I would see so many crystals.  Bad news though.  You aren’t the richest man in the city now.  Chase is.”

I went from feeling on top of the world to the bottom in less than a second.  I sat down in my chair cursing my luck.  I was thinking about what to do next when Aiko jumped in my lap kissing me.

“I’m kidding Honey, I will marry you.  I just liked teasing you.  We have been together so many years already.”

After hearing her words, I kissed her back.

“Well work can wait one more hour don’t you think babe.”  Kissing Aiko

The workers could hear their boss working for the next hour.  Only making the customers blush and leave after realizing what was going on in the back.

 

6