Ch 13
203 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Heading back to the orphanage I was chatting with Maison.  I learned I could have more than one portal open at a time to enter and leave.  As my levels increase, the distance I could travel between them would also increase.  Now I can make shortcuts from the orphanage to anywhere I want.  Put a door in my room and have another in my office.  Put one in the mountains once I get there.  Currently the limit of my range was around 50 thousand kilometers.  

I made it back to the orphanage and there were a lot of people standing around the entrance.  I walked through the crowd and found a few guys talking to Grans.

“What's going on Grans?”  She smirked when I said that, I feel as if she can see through me sometimes.

“Oh, just some generous donor is paying for our place to be completely renovated.  We are figuring out what needs to be done.”

“Awesome, can you make sure they give me a big bathroom and put mine and Selene’s rooms close to each other.”

“Of course, my little devil, I figured that was a given considering all the noises that came out of her room last night.”

Not missing a beat, I walked up to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek.  “Thanks Grans, you’re the best.”  I walked off and headed to my room.  Once inside I tossed a portal open using the bathroom door and entered the Tardis.  I needed to do some more leveling.  I found the door for the lower level magi.  I figured I have about 6 hours of real time to burn (approx. 900 days of training time.. of course, its OP).  During this time, I was able to get up to Diamond Magi.  I have been using the crystals from the beast I killed for years now and I have figured a way to be constantly absorbing them while stored in the ring.  This allowed me to constantly flood my body with mana.

((AN—time continues inside the rooms while mc is out in normal time.  So the decimation to the numbers is fine as they reproduce and grow as time goes by.  Spending say 48hours outside a room will have nearly 19 years go by inside.  When beast hit cap levels they are transported to the other realms))

[Maison, why don’t any of the crystals that drop have any affinities with them?]

[My previous master was only able to find a few mana sources and those are in one of the final rooms, if you are ever able to get within a 100k kilometers of a mana source, I will know.  It will also be obvious from the high concentration of beast that have that type of magic]

[I will have to keep looking for them, I need more types of magic if I want to go up in ranks again.]

I left my room and sensed everyone in the dining hall.  After making it to the dining hall I noticed the meat from the bear had arrived and the grans had cooked it.  

Walked over to Grans 1 and 2 giving them a kiss on the cheek each.  “Smells great, what is it?”

Grans2 “the generous donor who is fixing our place also gave us a lot of really good food.  It will be able to nourish the young ones very well.”

Grans1 “Someone must of raised a kid right”

Grans2 “I agree, most likely a pair of great parents raised a young man up to take care of others”

Grans1 “Yes, definitely. I bet they are really proud of his actions”

I just rolled my eyes and went to sit down beside Selene.

Selene leaned over to me and whispered, “Just so you know Chase, Everyone heard us last night.”

I looked at her and smiled and whispered in her ear, “they heard you last night sweety, not me.”

When she looked at me, I kissed her lips.  When I did that, all the kids were saying. “Eeeewwwww.”

“Just so everyone knows, I will be marrying Selene after I graduate.  So that gives us about 9 or 10 months to plan a proper wedding for our favorite lady.”  All the girls at the table were cheering while Selene just blushed.  Both Grans just had smiles on their faces.

Layla came over to us and started crying, “ I don’t want Chase and Selene to move away, please don’t leave us.” She jumped in my lap and started crying while hugging me.

I started chuckling, “Don’t worry Layla, I had no plans on leaving, I plan on staying here for as long as I can.  I don’t think Grans would mind, do you?”

Layla turned and gave both the Grans a mean mug look and said, “I don’t think they would make either of you leave right, Grans!”

I was trying so hard not to laugh, Layla even only being 5, she was a force to be reckoned with.

Grans were both laughing, “They can live here as long as they want, although they might need a separate house built in the back so the rest of us can get a good night’s sleep.”

The kids looked confused at that statement, I smirked, and Selene looked like she wanted to hide her head in the ground.  After all of this was settled, we chatted for a while before everyone went off on their own.  The kids had to go get cleaned up and off to bed which the Grans saw too.

Me and Selene went to her room.  After we took a very long shower we dried off and hopped in bed.  She was exhausted after our shower and last night.  

“Selene, I am going to be gone for a few weeks.  I will be hopping back here from time to time to keep you company but it will only be for a few hours at night.”

“Where are you going and are you coming back for sex?”  

“Um, don’t freak out but I’m going into the woods for training and I’m coming back to be with you, not sex.  Although sex would be nice.  I don’t want to be away from you for a long time as I would miss your sweet lips.”

“Sweet talker, promise me you will be safe.”

“I will be safe, don't worry; I still have some secrets I am keeping from you.  I will let you know about them later once I get stronger.”  She didn’t say anything after that.  She just laid next to me and spooned up next to me.  I held her and we both dosed off to sleep.

The next morning I woke up early to head out to the market before heading to the mountains.  I kissed her and left her a small note.

I got out before the sun was up, I was able to make it to Frank’s office in about 30 secs.  Shadow movement is amazing at night.  His place was already open, and lights were on.  I walked in and greeted the workers in the front.

“Is Frank in?”  One of them said he was up and having breakfast in his office.  I knocked on his door and he said to enter.

I entered and he and Aiko were having breakfast.  “Morning you two”

“Want something to eat?” Frank offered me.  

I shook my head, “were you able to get the map yet?”

He pulled a rolled-up map out of his storage ring.  “Here you go, let me point a few areas out, we labeled them on the map as well.  Some are just areas with strong beasts, other areas we have no information on as people disappear in those areas.  That is all we have.”

“Thanks, here are a few more warlock crystals for the orphanage, I want each room to have its own three areas, bedroom, living room and restroom/bathroom.  Obviously as nice as possible.  I would also like a small mansion built in the back area.  I plan on living in this once it's all said and done, I will be leaving after checking my office.”  I grabbed the map and headed to my office.  After opening the door, I tossed up another door on the backside of the only door, making it join the door.  Only I would be able to separate the two and enter my Tardis

I locked the door after leaving, I saw Frank and Aiko in the front area.  “Why don’t you guys see me out?”  I knew they were curious about how strong I was, and I figured I could fuck with them as I left.  After everyone came outside, I looked back at them.  “Well I won’t waste any more of your time, see you guys later.”  I started floating in the air making everyone’s eyes bulge and mouths open.  I winked at them and launched off.  I couldn’t break the sound barrier yet, but I was getting close.  I was fast enough to knock most of them over from the vacuum I created when I left.  At this speed it should only take about 30 mins or so to get to the mountains.

4