Ch 14
206 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once I was airborne, I flew toward the mountains beyond the forest.  As I got closer, I realized just how much different this world is from my past one.  These mountains went well beyond the clouds.  That would be one hurdle I would need to fix.  I could sense the stronger beast once I was getting closer to the mountains.  I found the landmarks from the map.  I would be doing a lot of clearing it seems.  There were quite a few Warlock level beasts spread out through the area.  Killing them would take only a moment, but traveling between each location would be a pain in the ass.  Considering the thousands of kilometers, I need to clean on just the front side of the mountains.  

So, for the next 30 hours I would fly up and down the mountains killing everything that was warlock level or above.  I only ran across one bronze magi gryphon.  Each one I killed would cause me to get close enough to the corpse to pick it up for storage.  Even if I didn’t need the materials, Frank could sell them, and it would help the entire town out to say the least.  Eating the higher-grade meat would strengthen the body as well mana within the body.

Once I was satisfied with the outside area I headed to the top of the mountain.  I am going to have to do something about these.  No way could we create a route that went over the top of these as the weather up top was horrible.  I was thinking I could have some fun after I do a bit more clearing.  I want to see how many TBs it would take to level a mountain.

I noticed the minute I got to the top of the mountain, the amount of mana on the inside was ridiculous.  The mountain range almost acted like a bowl, keeping the mana inside.  

[Maison, shouldn’t the mana flow through the mountain?]

[Normally it would Chase, but the inside of the mountains has minerals that are absorbing the mana.  That is preventing the mana from leaking outside the mountain range, but those minerals will be great for weapons and armor.  We might find some magic sources in this range.  The ores are blocking a lot of my scans.]

[Thanks as always Maison]

I summoned Caerbannog out, so the process would speed up.  “Hey buddy, I need you to go in that direction (pointing to my left side) and kill everything that is annoying or warlock level or higher.  Store everything you can in the necklace so we can use it later.”  

After a few years of training together he advanced enough to where he could understand everything I said.  He couldn’t talk but I could always guess what he was thinking.  Maison ended up showing me how to create a necklace that was linked to the Tardis.  This came in helpful as he could it like how I use my ring.  I am pretty sure he was going to kill everything he came across regardless of its level.  He was not a fan of any living creature.

While he took off down the mountain, I made a portal and went back to my office.  I wanted to head back to the orphanage, or should I say Selene, but I had too much work to do before school started.  I grabbed a few space rings from the safe and filled them with all the beast that could fit in them.  I left a note to get more rings on the desk and left through the portal.

Back in the mountains, I went in the opposite direction.  The tops were snow capped while down in the valleys, they seemed to be jungles.  I came across all sorts of beasts; some of which I haven’t fought before so I beat them unconscious and tossed them in the Tardis.  Maison would know what to do with them.  I came across apes that were small versions of king kong, nearly 50 meters in height.  Some drakes that were close to the size of dragons.  I guess one of the better finds was unicorns.  I only killed the 2 warlock level ones as they didn’t want to go down but the other 13 were going into the Tardis.  I was a bit disappointed to be honest.  I was really hoping they would shoot rainbows out their ass, but it didn’t happen.  There were a lot of beasts at the warlock level.  I came across a few magi level Basilisk that caused me some issues.  I guess it was mating season for them and the main prize, a female yellow basilisk was being “courted” by 3 magi level basilisk.  I dropped quite a few TBs on the group of the males who were fighting each other.  They tried dodging but how much success do you have when dodging a bomb?  Two of the three died right away as most of their bodies were gone.  The lucky one had used a competitor as a meat shield.  He couldn’t put up much of a fight and after a minute of shocking him, he lost his consciousness and ended up in the Tardis.  The pretty yellow Basilisk was also knocked unconscious and tossed in there as well.  I hadn’t found any basilisk in the rooms yet so I might as well add some.  

I spent the next 2 days flying around the mountain range doing as much clearing as possible.  I eventually ended up in a wide-open area.  I kept on clearing the beast as I flew around the opening.  

[Chase there is a mana source coming from the open area]

[Thanks Maison] 

I can’t believe it. My luck really is the best.  I flew off in the direction Maison directed me.  After an hour of flying I saw a giant body of water.  I could barely see the mountains anymore.  

[The mana source is coming from under the water, there are several sources down there.  Should only be about 40k kilometers away now.]

I was picking up quite a few magical signatures under water.  Didn’t expect for there to be so many beasts down there.  I started flying in the direction of the mana source.  After flying for around 10 minutes the number of pings I was getting on my magic radar was growing quite fast and they were all heading toward me.  3 of them were at the level of Magi.  My radar could go about 10k kilometers.  They were approaching from all sides, this was way too organized to be a beast.  Guess it's time to meet some new friends.

I flew down and waited about 20 meters off the surface of the water.  Most of the pings stopped about 10 kilometers away.  The three Magi level pings kept approaching me.  I waited a few more minutes before I saw three people come out of the water.  Well I say people, but more exactly they were merpeople.

“A good day for a swim, right?”  I asked them

“What do you want?” asked the guy in the front.  

“Wow, it must be hard swimming all this way to greet me with a stick up your ass.”

This caused the female of the group to start laughing.

“Hello gorgeous, my name is Chase Dickens and what is your name”

The asshole in the front seemed to get pissed that I ignored him.  So, he stood Infront of the lady I was trying to talk with.  “My name is General Zod and I asked what do you want?”

“Well it's nice to meet you, General Zod.  I want to know her name first then we can discuss more pleasantries.”

“My name is General Arial and thanks for the compliment” {AN-Yes I went there}

“Wow, Not only are you strong and beautiful but you have such a lovely voice.  I am out exploring General Arial.  I am from the Soloman kingdom over the mountains”  

They all looked shocked when I said that.  The third guy moved forward.  “My name is General Napoleon.  What brings you out this way.”

“Nice to meet you as well.  I am honestly exploring the mountains and doing a bit of beast clearing but I also sensed a few mana sources out this way and wanted to get one of them.  I hadn’t thought I would run into any other sentient races this close to the human kingdom.”

Napoleon looked at me weirdly, “did you say you were clearing the mountains?”  “Yes, I was clearing all of the warlock level and up beast I came across.  I want to make a passage for the people of my kingdom to come out this way.  I think I got most but I could have missed one or 2.”

“How strong are you?” Arial asked.  “I think that is kind of rude don’t you Arial?  You want me to show you without you showing me?  I mean we haven’t even gone on our first date yet.”  I was blushing although they all knew it was a joke.  She was blushing, turning her face almost as red as her hair.

Napoleon started laughing, “How about you come with us to our kingdom and we can discuss the mana source.  We have a few as you can tell but we could use a few things in return.  Come with us to the capital and meet the Queen, she would be interested in talking to you.”

“Sounds good to me, lead the way”

They sank into the water. I followed them after coating my body in a thin layer of mana.  I had done this before in one of the rooms and it seemed the most effective way of breathing underwater.  When I got underwater the 3 of them were just looking at me again with a perplexed look.

“What?  Did you think I wouldn’t be able to join you?  Although I don’t have gills, a little mana can fix the air problem with no issues at all.  A little bit of wind and it will push me through the water fast enough to keep up.”  They didn’t have fish bodies; their hands were about the same size as humans but had webbing between their fingers.  Their feet were small but their “toes” were about a foot long each with thick webbing in-between them. It would make swimming a lot easier that way it seems.  The rest of their appearance wasn’t much different than that of humans.  One difference I noticed is they didn’t have gills on their neck.  I guess they were in their throat or chest.

“Do you like what you see?”  Arial thought she was funny by calling me out from me staring at them.

“Completely loving it, I never thought I would meet anyone on my excursion let alone 3 generals.  One of them being so damn cute”

“Can we head to the capital, you two can flirt on the way” General Zod really did have a stick up his ass it seemed.

2