Class starts
279 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I jumped on the bed tearing the sheets down, causing Selene to scream.  Although I have been gone for about 7 hours outside the Tardis, a few years have already gone by for me and the grans.  I needed to make up for lost time.

 

The next morning we were all at the table enjoying breakfast, till Jacob had to open his little mouth. “What happened to you last night Selene?  We thought you were under attack till the Grans came into the room and calmed us.  They said you were wrestling with Chase.  He didn’t hurt you, did he?”

 

I had gotten up and was leaving for the front door as I looked back and saw both of the Grans smiling at me.  I’ll get them back later for setting me up like that.  Before shutting the door I saw Selene’s face beat red and staring daggers at me.  I was so glad classes were beginning today.  

 

I got to school pretty quick as it wasn’t too far away from the orphanage.  It was the first day and everyone would be in the auditorium.  Not expecting anything great to come from this meeting besides finding my class and teachers.

 

Finally 8 am arrived and the Vice Super gave his welcome back speech.  I was able to tell what level he was and he was sitting at Copper Warlock.  I always loved his and the Supers names.  His parents hated him, no way would a parent who loved their child name them Master when their last name was Bates.  Vice Super Bates.  The only thing better was the School supers name and it was Super Ben Derhover.  Just thinking about it makes me laugh.

 

Finally after an hour of boredom we were split up into our assigned classrooms.  This year, the school had open registration for advanced courses since “Frank” was fronting all of the fees and resources for the classes.  I headed to the classroom to get the best seat possible.  The one in the back against the window.  I waited for the rest of the class to show up.  

 

Naturally everyone made their way into the classroom.  The last three clowns entered.  I was hoping he hadn’t changed over the summer.  Tyler Shelton, local douchebag and asshat that picked on everyone and always tried to force his way on any female he wanted.  His dad was one of the biggest merchants before the supply died off.  I forgot about all of this as i hadn’t really cared about it over the past few weeks.  I need to screw these people over, but thats on the list for Frank to do.

 

Tyler and his goons made their way over.  “Hey, your sitting in Tyler’s seat.  You need to move!”  Naturally the entire class got quiet.  

“Who are you again?”

“I’m Vincent and you need to move”

“Oh I’m sorry, I know your name but i thought you were someone with some say.  You can fuck off.”

Everyone was staring at us, waiting for Tyler to snap on me.

“Lets get this over with, Tyler’s family no longer has a trade with any crystal imports and my Uncle Frank has the only one in the capital that has any crystal supply going on.”  Looking at Tyler as his face looked like it was going to explode.  “So you can fuck off Tyler, your shit can’t fly anymore.  Everyone has access to crystals at no expense thanks to my Uncle Frank.  For someone who has had access his whole life to crystals and you're only at Gold in spellcaster.  Most of the people in class will pass you up in a year or two at the least.  Try your shit in here and see if your dad still has any pull to save your ass.  Now if you don’t mind, go find your seat as our teacher is waiting on you and your goons to sit.”

 

“Thank you Chase, Mr. Shelton, please have you and your friends come see me after class.  My name is Ms. Ronda Cox.  This is my first year teaching.  I’m a Gold Warlock, and I will teach you to the best of my abilities to strengthen your abilities and magic.  She had dark purple hair, brown skin and a very fit body.  She was wearing an orange and black outfit with a butterfly pattern on her right chest that was rather large.

 

I was shocked that they were able to get that level of teacher for our class.  Not that I really cared.  I was only here for fun with a few girls and naturally being petty.  I was going to help a few of my acquaintances as well.  Didn’t really have friends as most people avoided me since I was manaless.  

 

Ms. Cox finished talking about the school year and how we would take trips every other month to the wilderness to fight the beast.  At Least that would be a bit of fun.  “Now that everyone has a small clue about what is going on, let's introduce yourself, your level and affinities.  We will help each other in the process.  We will start in the front and head to the back.

 

“Stacy Tara, Fire and copper spellcaster” She is one of the few people who had actually talked to me in the past.  I am looking forward to helping her mom out later. Don’t get me wrong, I plan on helping her out as well.  She was about 5ft 4 with short white hair, dark brown eyes and a great body.  Of course almost everyone was attractive since mana reinforced their body and made it healthier.  

“Stephanie Crawford Wind and copper spellcaster”  I have met her before but no actual talking, she ignored me like the rest.  She had long red hair and wore a blue and white top with a red short skirt.

“Cleo Carlson, earth and copper spellcaster”  Like the one before, I had never actually talked with her.  She had medium length blonde hair with blue eyes with what seemed to be RBF as I like to say.  Resting bitch face.

“Felicia Mendez, fire and copper spellcaster”  I have talked to her quite a bit.  She was the local friendly whore.  She has nearly slept with every guy and quite a few females as well.  She was a nice person and would help anyone.  Both with or without clothes on.  She had short pink hair with green eyes and always had a pretty smile on her face.

“Scarlet Lane, fire and copper spellcaster”  She had really long purple hair and she always carried around a kendo stick.  She always wore a long sleeve white shirt with a green collar. 

“Pippa Stephensonl healing and copper spellcaster”  She had platinum blonde hair, green eyes  and had a strange personality.  She was a nice person, just a bit weird even to me.  We have talked from time to time and got along great.  

“Rowan Boyle, fire and Copper spellcaster”  He was the son of one the guard captains and was alway bringing it up.  I guess the fact that his dad worked in the palace was something to brag about but I felt him to be annoying but not a dick.  He was tall and on the skinny side, even more than myself before I got lucky a few weeks ago.

“Robert Anderson fire and copper spellcaster”  His family owned a bakery across the orphanage and would always donate the stuff that didn’t sell.  He was a good guy and from what I had heard, really talented in fire magic. 

“Jerry Martin, wind and copper spellcaster”  Jerry and I knew each other really well.  He was an orphan before being adopted about 8 years ago.  We were close to being best friends.  Although he doesn’t talk to me much anymore, he still says hi and stops by to see everyone else at the orphanage from time to time.

“Tyler Shelton, Fire and gold spellcaster”  He had a smug look on his face when he told everyone he was a gold spellcaster.  Most people just ignored him as he was that level last year and it was known throughout the school as he made sure everyone knew it.  His father ran one of the main crystal suppliers to our capital before shit hit  the fan a week or two ago.  He had short platinum blonde hair and a pointy nose.  Always talking about how his family's blood was better than the rest.  He was just a dick to everyone.  

“Vincent Pugh, Wind and copper spellcaster”  He had light blue hair and blue eyes.  His nose was always up Tyler’s ass and was just a goon.  His family worked for Tyler’s so it was to be expected.  

“Robin Hodge, Fire and copper spellcaster”  He had short spiky blonde hair and a dark tan.  He always had a big shit eating grin and red sunglasses on.  He was the same as Vincent and his family worked for Tylers.  Just as big of a dick to everyone as Tyler.

Now it was finally my turn to be a show off.  “Chase Dickens, Lightnin, fire, healing and diamond spellcaster.”  I said that and it was as quiet as it could get.  Finally Tyler stood up and stared at me yelling “BULLSHIT!!”

I smiled at him and held up both of my hands.  My left hand had a flame bouncing between my fingertips.  Mr right hand had blue sparks going through my fingers.  “If you want Tyler, we can go out and spar for a bit.  I’ll even let your crownies join you.”  As I smiled at him, I increased the strength of both the fire and lightning causing the air to warm up and the sound of the lightning to go from a soft crackle to a loud crackling that would make everyone’s hair stand on end.  I stopped the show and sat back down.  

“Thank you everyone, You are fortunate enough to be where you are right now.  I’m not talking about anything other than the fact that everyone will be getting all the resources they need to progress at no cost to your family, which is unheard of at any level.  Just like Chase said, Frank Nbeans is providing all crystals to the school free of charge and paying tuition fees as everyone knows.  He has only mentioned that we let everyone know it was Gnome Depot that provided everything and showing student ID at his store will also get you and your family discounts on all items bought at his store.  There will be more classes as teachers are still being hired.  We will start with an open discussion on how to improve your mana absorption.”

I only halfway paid attention to what was being said the rest of the morning.  It was only a half day for us today as the school seemed to still be setting up most of the advanced classes.  When we were finally dismissed for the day.  

“Anyone want to go get lunch?  It's courtesy of my Uncle Frank so it's free to us.”  I was looking at Stacy and seeing me look at her she nodded her head.  “I'll meet whoever wants to go out front.”

I left and waited out front to see who wanted to come.

4