Chapter 5
883 5 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I have started doing advance chapters on Patreon. Chapter 6 and 7 are up by the time this is published, and I will keep this series 1-2 chapters ahead (may cumulate depending on backlog, so may be 2 Patreon chapters per week).

 

I realised something once I exited my hibernation, and I had spent hours processing, reviewing and categorising. I could feel Lumi’s emotions. That’s not something that has ever happened before.

Once I ‘woke up’ I could see we were still in the same position, my head resting on her lap, but I could hear the rhythmic breaths that is the telltale sign of her sleeping.

Getting off her lap I pick up Lumi and carry her to the bed, before lying down and snuggling up to her.

As she latches herself onto my arm, I can feel a smile as her emotions wash over me. Even though she’s sleeping, apparently her body knows she’s with me. I can feel the feelings of safety, warmth and love.

Which brings my mind back to the events of yesterday, with Lumi kissing me. It was not a big deal for either of us, but it’s also something we have never done. Yes we’ve had skinship, like now. Yes we’ve slept together naked, and I’ve rested my head on her bare chest, but it’s never been in an erotic sense.

I know I have a physical attraction towards women, but I have sort of turned that part of me off, as attraction and vampiric urges can make things difficult.

The love I can feel from Lumi is complex. It’s a childhood friend, a trusted confidante, a sister, a protective guardian, but also something akin to a lover.

Diving into my own emotional registry, I clear my mind and focus on my emotions. Once I have a stable mind I start flooding it with memories of Lumi. Keeping my focus on the emotions and the meaning behind them, I start deciphering.

My childhood friend. The one who knows my secret. The one who accepts me. My most important person. My sister. My lover-but-not-lover. My *******.

Haah. I give up. It’s not like anything would change, and it’s not like any of us particularly want change. We’re already closer than any siblings or couples I’ve ever seen, and I’m just thinking too much about it.

For a moment my mind wanders to the sensation when drinking blood from her. Before quickly shaking it away.

I can feel Lumi stirring besides me, and I look over at the clock to see I’ve been in a meditative state for almost 5 hours.

I brush a lock of hair away from her face. “Good morning Lumi.”

She lets out a cute yawn, before looking at me with bleary eyes. “Breakfast.”

I let out a chuckle as she untangles herself from me and I make my way towards the kitchen.

Despite not eating food, I’m apparently a good cook, at least according to Lumi. I can use my sense of smell to find a balance in the dishes I make, making sure there’s harmony and not too much of one flavour.

By the time Lumi comes out of the shower, remnants of water dripping from her collarbone. Breakfast is ready.

“Bad Aria. You ate yesterday.”

Realising I was licking my lips, I quickly avert my gaze and turn my attention towards the food. Plating it and setting it down before Lumi, like the little princess she is. Grabbing a cup and the carton of juice.

 

##

 

First period went by uneventfully, the prick of a teacher probably decided that being in a brutal triple murder robbing gone wrong was enough for today.

I wasn’t really able to focus, as something has been tugging at my mind. I can’t quite figure out what it is but it’s like it’s telling me something important.

The smell of Megan enters my range, and I turn towards the usually jovial girl. I can tell she’s still in a foul mood from yesterday, and it seems her parents forced her to come to school. Apparently they are quite strict and don’t really understand the emotions of a teenager in puberty.

“Hi Megan, how are you?”

Quickly giving her a hug, I also get a whiff of her smell. Coconuts.

She gives me a weak smile, remnants of her usual self. “I would be lying if I said I was okay, but seeing you makes it better.”

Okay? I’m glad I can help though.

As we’re about to move to the next classroom, someone hurries by and a strap on their backpack scratches Megan’s neck.

The smell of the devils nectar fills my nostrils.

Blood. Hunger.

“Aria?”

The delicious smell renders my mind incapacitated, driven by instincts.

With a slow and meticulous gait, I make my way towards my prey.

“Aria?”

It’s so close, just a few more steps and I will have my second ******* in my hands. No, she does not deserve it, not yet.

“Aria?”

Another step. I could go fast, but I want to go slow. I could move, but I choose not to.

“Aria?”

One more step, and she’s within reach. The mix of devils nectar and coconut mixing into a euphoric smell.

“Aria. With me. Now.”

My ******* orders me. I will allow it. She means well.

“Sorry Megan, I am taking Aria.”

Just a few centimetres from Megan’s face, my lips arch into a wicked grin as I place a finger along her cut, forcing it to close.

I turn around and follow my little Lumi, as she takes me throughout the school and to our usual spot.

That was fun, but not enough. Staring at the drop of blood on my finger, I lick it. My eyes gleam with joy at the taste. It’s not the same taste or quality as Lumi, but it’s close. It’s good enough for worthy prey, but. I tilt my head. Is she prey? I am confused.

I can feel my little Lumi taking my hand and guiding it to her bare neck. Smiling at my little Lumi I extend my claws, quickly and painlessly making a cut, before I place my mouth over it and start lapping up the devils nectar.

Mmm. Lumi tastes as good as usual.

Wait, Lumi? Taste? Memories of the last five minutes flood through me.

“Good. You are back. I hate talking to other people.”

I look down at Lumi, then her neck, before quickly realising what I just did. I’m about to lick her wound close when I remember what I did to Megan. Placing a finger along I force the wound to close, before licking up the last drops of blood.

“Well, that was new. In so many ways.”

Uh oh. Lumi sounds angry.

I look at Lumi, feeling small despite there not being much of a height difference.

“You did not think to tell me you were starving, and about to frenzy?”

I tilt my head. “I was starving?”

Lumi just looks at me, for once she is completely expressionless.

“Aria. I could feel the starvation and hunger rolling off you in waves. If I did not drag you away, you would have devoured Megan on the spot. You let your beast take control.”

I blink at Lumi. She could feel my emotions, she could feel what was happening to me, just like I could with her yesterday.

I realise she is right. I let it take control. I am still not used to this new part of me, but apparently it comes with some new powers. A trickle of electricity arcs from one of my fingers to another.

Lumi looks down at my hand, before my face. Right.

“Since when could we feel each other’s emotions?”

“Wait. Are you serious?”

I tilt my head yet again, not much is making sense today.

“Oh. You are, hmm. Aria. I could always feel your emotions. How do you think we have been communicating without words for years? Ever since that day you fell, and you first tasted my blood, I have felt your emotions.”

“Oh…”

“Yes.”

Why did I not realise sooner? Why didn’t I realise before yesterday. Yesterday?

“Lumi, do you think it has something to do with me awakening, whatever this is? I mean, I just forced your wound closed. I have electricity ready at my fingertips, and that? That was not a normal frenzy.”

“You are right, I think. I could never understand your other language until now. It aligns with what you are saying.”

“Other language?”

Ouch. Okay I am not so happy with this emotion thing now. I think she did that on purpose, practically forcing her displeasure on me.

“Yes, other language. You often use the word move, and now you used the word force. You have apparently not noticed, but they are not words in any language I know.”

She’s right. I didn’t think about it until now, but when she said those words, I understood. I instinctively know the language, and thus didn’t think about it, but now that Lumi spoke it, albeit a bit broken, I realise it’s another language.

“Haaah. Aria I love you, but you are a big big dummy. Once we are home, we will thoroughly investigate everything about you.”

45