Chapter 9
783 6 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s been a few days since I turned on my sexual attraction, not much has changed except me and Lumi give each other good morning and good night kisses. Well, I say not much has changed, and for my relationship with others, that much is true. My mind however, is something completely different.

 

It seems I still go through puberty, well, at least with hormones and the likes, and my mind is very happy to create quite graphic scenes about me and some of the more attractive women I see on the street, or in school.

 

I guess this is what happens when you have the ability to turn on and off emotions. Turning something off makes it hit so much harder when you turn it back on, I don’t think I want to do this again.

 

There is another thing I’ve been debating for a while.

 

“Hey Lumi?”

 

“Nn?”

 

I turn around and look at the girl laying on her stomach with her feet in the air reading...is that a vampire manga??? Anyways.

 

“So I’ve been thinking. Maybe I should get a job?”

 

Lumi raises and eyebrow and puts her manga down. 

 

“Why?”

 

“What do you mean why? Yeah we have scholarships from the school, and the state pays for our apartment due to the orphanage deal, but like, we don’t really have any money to spend on things we want? How long did you save up to buy that one volume of manga?” 

 

I look at the object of discussion, and promptly ignore the contents. I do not need more erotic images in my mind.

 

“Nn. I see your point. Well, what kind of job are you thinking?”

 

“Weeellllll…”

 

I avert my gaze from Lumi, as I can feel her emotions of annoyance and displeasure radiate from her.

 

“What did you do?”

 

“So there’s this family. They needed a certain person for a certain position. The pay is good and all I have to do is follow around a girl at our age.”

 

Lumi raises an eyebrow yet again, before staring at me with a piercing gaze.

 

“So you are going to be a maid?”

 

“Eh, see, the thing is. It’s more of a bodyguard position.”

 

“Bodyguard? I mean, do you have any of the necessary skills to complete such a job?”

 

She isn’t as displeased with this idea as I thought she would be?

 

“I mean sort of? I don’t have any clue about martial arts or that stuff, but that’s something I can learn, but I’m fast and I can use that time-dilation thing to scan a room before anything happens. See this family doesn’t ask a lot of questions, as long as you do your job.”

 

I can see Lumi’s brows furrowing.

 

“Aria. What. Is. The. Name. Of. This. Family?

 

Oh my Goddess, she’s punctuating every word. I can see the verbal punctuation marks. Why does it feel like I’m being scolded by my wife.

 

At that statement I can hear a mental giggle from me. Ever since that conversation I have been there in the background. It’s weird, but it’s also not.

 

Oh, right. Lumi. Angry wife.

 

“Tokoyama?”

 

With a loud sound of flesh hitting flesh, Lumi is facepalming.

 

“Aria. They are Yakuza. Are you seriously trying to tell me you want to be a bodyguard for a Yakuza Princess?”

 

“I mean, yeah? They pay really, really well, like enough for us to get a nice apartment well, and I mean. If anything happens I can just kill everyone, right?”

 

The girl in front of me is just giving me a deadpan expression.

 

“Did you just?”

 

“...I did. Uhhh. Well, I guess we just discovered another side effect from my ‘awakening’.”

 

“And pray tell, how are you going to explain your abilities?”

 

Ahhh I love that Lumi can speak. It never gets old.

 

“Soo you remember Kim?” Lumi gives me a nod. “Well he is sort of the one giving me this job, and you know how he is with computers. I don’t have any records from before my time at the orphanage. Apparently I never had. I don’t know why, but it’s like everything before is just erased from existence.”

 

“And you do not think that is worrying or maybe something you should have told me?”

 

I mean, maybe?

 

“Lumi I don’t even remember. I don’t remember my family name, I don’t remember my parent’s faces, I don’t even remember where I used to live. It’s like all personal experiences from before I died are gone. I still have the memories, but they are vague. I sort of didn’t even notice until Kim told me about my non-existent history.”

 

She let’s out a sigh. “Fine. But tell me these things. I am your *******, I need to know these things.”

 

“Lumi, you know I don’t understand what that means.”

 

The girl just let’s out a giggle. She has been using words that my brain cannot comprehend for the past few days, I swear she does it to annoy me, but I don’t know why, and Lumi isn’t mean. Well. Not towards me.

 

“Okay, just get to the point.”

 

She’s getting sassy, but I can’t say I don’t like it. Am I one of those people? Goddess I hope not.

 

“So can’t I just say I underwent certain, procedures, if there ever are any questions?”

 

“You do know that is not much better, right?”

 

“I know, but we are going to need money by the time we’re done with school, we won’t get more funding from the state, and it’s better than just saying ‘hey, I’m a vampire’, right?”

 

“I suppose it is. Fine.”

 

Yay, permission, got. But why do I feel like I just lost something?

34