Chapter 12
465 0 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“A vampire?”

 

I nod at Megan.

 

After the entire almost-squished-by-a-car incident, I knew I had some explaining to do, but it also seems Lumi has plans for Megan. How did I deduce this? I didn’t, I could feel it the second Megan walked through the door. I suppose this is what Megan was referring to. I want to ask Lumi, but I know she won’t tell me, not yet.

 

“Even after, well, that incident, I still find that hard to believe.”

 

Haah. I knew it would come to this.

 

Before I even get to respond, Lumi is already in front of me, sitting down in my lap, her face close to mine.

 

Out of the corner of my eye I see Megan gasping at Lumi’s actions, but she’s probably misunderstanding something. Lumi brushes her hair out of the way and tilts her head.

 

The steady, rhythmic beat of her pulse calling out to me. She’s so appealing. So appetising. So fun.

 

Fun? I shake my head, I know where that was coming from, but neither the time nor the place.

 

Extending my fangs to their full length, making sure my lip is slightly curled so Megan get’s a good view. I place a hand around Lumi’s head, caressing her neck with my other, before gently kissing it and biting in.

 

The devil’s nectar fills my very soul with warmth, and now that I can feel Lumi’s emotions, I can tell it’s not just me finding this incredibly sensual. Good, I thought I was crazy.

 

I remind myself this is only a demonstration, but that thought annoy me as I’m not an animal in a zoo to be looked at. I am at the top. The apex. Unparalleled. The huntress.

 

As I remove my fangs, a trickle of blood runs down Lumi’s neck, and I lick it up before forcing the wounds to close.

 

Another gasp escapes the green eyed girl spectating. A glimpse of mischief flashes on my face, but before anyone can react I have already moved behind Megan, embracing her as the girl’s brain is processing the information she believed to be impossible, a fairy tail, a bedtime story.

 

“Vampire…” The word escapes her mouth, before she brings her hands up to cover it. 

 

“I suppose I’ll have to start from the top.”

 

My body takes control and I move myself over to Lumi, grabbing her before sitting on the couch and placing her on my lap. Patting the place besides us.

 

Jealousy flashes on Megan’s face, and I realise our position. Instincts.

 

“So, it started when I was 5…”

31