Chapter 13
470 0 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Megan POV)

 

Aria has just recounted her life story. If I didn’t see it with my own eyes, I probably would still have laughed it off as as a joke. Sadly this is not joke, and my mind is split. One one hand, Aria is Aria. Incredibly hot.

 

I take another peek at the girl stroking Lumi.

 

Aria is tall, taller than any of us. Maybe around 180 cm? I never asked. Her body is slender, long legs, soft, yet firm thighs. Her breasts that I find my gaze drawn to every time she wears her casual clothes. She likes low V cuts apparently.

 

Lumi’s eyes are also blue, but hers pale in comparison to Aria’s. Aria’s blue is one that captures your soul. Clear as the Caribbean ocean, yet an unfathomable depth.

 

Her sharp jaw, slender face, yet her lips are so succulent and plump.

 

Hair as black as night, that eventually fades into a scarlet red. I always thought she dyed it, but apparently is has been that way since she turned.

 

She is everything I want, and I’ve been in love with her for some time. I always knew she repressed her feelings for Lumi, and I almost wanted to give up hope, but every time I do, she brings me back.

 

On the other hand, she is a vampire. A creature, a monster. We’ve been taught to fear, yet those are just stories. Then again, do I truly know Aria? I finally understand what Lumi was trying to say, and she is right. I have to make a choice.

 

I take another peek, and I swear Lumi’s gaze is saying “I told you so.” I grit my teeth. I am jealous. Incredibly jealous. I want Aria like nothing I’ve ever wanted. Even her drinking from Lumi’s neck, being so authorative, so commanding, it made me flustered.

 

Is Aria dangerous? Most likely. Is she a threat to me? I don’t think so. Wait.

 

“Aria, the other day, what happened.”

 

She averts her gaze. Why?

 

“Aria lost control because she was hungry. After she executed the three men who wanted to hurt us, she discovered, or, awakened more abilities. Using those abilities increases the amount of times she has to feed. It used to be a couple of times a week, now it ss daily.”

 

Wait, executed those three men?

 

I can feel my face going pale. I’m dizzy, nauseas. “How? How can you both be fine with Aria killing three people? Yes they were bad but they were still people!”

 

Lumi shrugs her shoulders. “I have seen worse.” She has seen worse? What has she experienced? Still?

 

I look at Aria, and she looks back at me, but doesn’t stop playing with Lumi’s hair.

 

“Megan you have to remember, I’m not exactly human anymore. I’m a predator. To put it in perspective, do you care about every bug and insect you squish when you walk on them?”

 

“Do you view humans as insects? Bugs?”

 

Aria shakes her head. “No. It is true that I view them as, lesser, but not to that extent. I don’t have a god complex. Actually maybe I do, I’m not sure anymore. The point is that they threatened to hurt my *******, I will never let anyone hurt any of my ********.”

 

Did she just call, what? I was about to question it before Lumi let out a giggle, and Aria groaned in annoyance. I’m confused.

 

“Aria uses words sometimes she can not comprehend. That particular word is something she uses often, but she does not understand the word. It is scrambled, according to her, and she is unable to decipher it’s meaning. There are other words, but that one is the most used.”

 

Lumi please stop, I don’t want her to know too much if she’s going to run away or turn us in to the police. I’m only keeping her here now because you apparently have some plan I do not know about.”

 

Aria. Do not be too hasty. She would not turn you in, she loves you too much.”

 

“Fine, while I enjoy our friendship, you are my priority, so if anything happens I only care about your safety.”

 

“Uh, what was that?”

 

Aria tilts her head, but why? What does that gesture mean, what did they say? 

 

“It is another language, one exclusive to vampires.”

 

“Then why does Lumi speak and understand it?”

 

Lumi places a finger on Aria’s lips. Then looks at me. “If you remember our conversation, you should be able to create a few theories.”

 

Don’t wanna say more? Got it, loud and clear.

 

There is still one thing I’m curious about though.

 

“Aria, why are you repressing your feeling?”

 

She freezes.

31