The Cities: The Basics
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For who knows how many years humanity spent on the brink of extinction after The Day of Darkness.  From what records and oral history depicts humanity his either in abandoned cities or in the wilderness for many years. Then about 75-80 years ago the first walls of our city were built. It took years defending it from Husks, Ferros, Night Stalkers and more. But eventually, humanity did it. We finally had a home. Now all that was left was, well everything needed to sustain a city.

The priority was to form a government. The government is broken up into 4 councils. The council of the Griffin. Those tasked to defeat the beings outside our walls. The council of the Minotaur. Those responsible for protecting our city. The council of the Unicorn. Those tasked with the inner working of our city. Finally, the council of the Pheonix. Those tasked with ways to protect humanity if our city were to fall.

There are many other important roles that go into forming the city. However, besides the councils, the most important factions is the High Priest and the Scribes. The Priests tend to know more about the inner workings of the Others as they study them on a more religious and supernatural belief than the Griffins. The High Priest is the highest of priests and reports to the councils with information. The Scribes record everything so that knowledge can be passed down from one generation to the next.

Then comes the actual people who protect our city. The Griffins have an overarching three 3 tier system when it comes to how soldiers are organized. Each tier has its own separate task force which divides them even further. The first tier is Blades. The Blades are quite simple. Used for the most basic of missions, Blades will use standard weaponry and will be used for all kinds of tasks. The Next tier up is the Axes. The Axes are normal humans intergraded with Ascended humans. This is more elite groups that go on more dangerous missions. Finally, are the Hammers. The Hammers are made completely up of Ascended humans. These task forces are used for the most dangerous and high-risk missions.

For the longest time, we believed that this was the only city on the planet and we were the last of human life. Until one day we received reports from reconnaissance that there were small settlements outside of our city. Somehow more impressive than that is that there are other cities like our's one the other edges of the planet.

While these cities stand there is hope for humanity.

-Scribe Hethor

 

0