Chapter 4 – Recruiting 4
13k 24 378
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Naomi and Rekka were flying in the sky in the direction of Okinawa. Rekka was an SS-Rank Pyromancer, he could fly using his flame as a thruster. Their destination right now was a Headquarter of Esper Association in Japan. As a Headquarter of Esper Association in Japan, there is an SS-Ranked Esper stationed. So if Rekka had attacked alone, he will definitely get captured.

The two of them fly at astonishing speed, they had arrived at Okinawa after 20 minutes of flight. They landed in front of the Esper Association HQ. Rekka was out of breath when they were landed, he was forcing himself to follow Naomi’s speed.

After they landed, the guards were immediately put on alert, 2 individuals landed from the sky right in front of Esper Association’s HQ. The guards of HQ were trained differently from the rest, that’s why they thought that the one landed was either a big shot from the other HQ or an enemy. Before the guards taken an action, a middle aged man exiting the HQ’s building and spoke.

“Can you please identify yourself?” The middle aged man was the SS-Rank esper that was stationed in this HQ. The reason he came out himself was simple, he felt pressure from the one that was landed. Esper, especially a high ranked one, could instinctively gauge the other Esper power. But, if the difference was too big, they can’t felt it. The case in this one was like that, the middle aged man had identified Rekka's power as a bit higher than him, but he can’t felt the power of the figure with the mask.

‘The one that wears a mask was a normal person, and that young man in prisoner grab was SS-Ranked? I can’t judge if the one who wears a mask was a VIP who likes to make her guard dress like that or they could be an enemy. For now, I will act polite in order to judge who they are, it’s not hurt to be careful.’ Thought the middle aged man.

“I’m sorry, it’s rude for me to not introduce myself first. I am Lee Hyun-Woo. May I know your purpose of visiting us?” the middle aged man, Lee Hyun-Woo asked Naomi. He decided to treat them as VIPs, if by any chance they are an enemy, he can act accordingly later.

“We are here for a banquet. And to pick up my subordinate’s little sister.” Answered Naomi. “It seems they conduct a medical check-up on his little sister.”

“Oh?! Medical check-up? What a coincidence, my little sister had her medical checkup too right now.”

‘Oya? Could it be my chance to rope him in?’ thought Naomi.

“What a coincidence, indeed. Do you perhaps know what they do in medical check-up?”

“I’m sorry but I don’t know about it, miss.” Lee Hyun-Woo answered. He was informed by the Esper Association the medical check-up was done in order to control her sister's ability. In the past year since his sister began the check-up, he didn’t meet her even once.

“Then would you like to follow me? I will show you the so called medical check-up.” That’s why the figure word was tempting, he wasn’t sure if the figure was saying the truth. He had worked for the Esper Association in order to provide his sister a medical check-up a year ago. She can’t control her ability, her ability often runs out of control and require him to suppress it.

“I’m sorry, but before I confirm your identity I can’t let you pass.” He wants to accept her offer but he can’t, he want to meet his sister that was undergone a check-up right now in this building. But he was scared, if he accepts her offer, there was a chance that Esper Association will cancel his sister's medical attention.

“It seems you misunderstand something.” The figure in the mask stepped forward. “I don’t need your permission, I’m inviting you.” He failed to understand what she tried to say. Suddenly, one person exiting the building with a panicked expression.

“Report!! The jail for SS-Ranked criminals in Hokkaido has been raided by someone!! The suspect was reported as a black haired girl around 150cm wearing a black sleeveless one piece dress and a mask!! The suspect was at least ranked S with Telekinesis ability. And she took one prisoner with her. All branch was expected to raise their security into Stage 2.” The person who reported that was out of breath because he said his report in one sentence.

Lee Hyun-Woo hearing the report immediately turned alert and focused. He turned his attention toward two persons in front of the building. A girl around 150cm, wearing a black dress and a mask, together with 1 person wearing a prisoner grabs. The report matches, they are the ones from Hokkaido jail.

“Prepare for battle!!! They are enemy!!” Lee Hyun-Woo gave out the order immediately. “The enemy was 1 SS-Ranked and the other one's rank was Unknown!! Use all your ability to bring them down!!” The guards were prepared to use their ability even before Lee Hyun-Woo gave out the order. But they were confused. Lee Hyun-Woo was SS-Ranked, that’s why he was expected to know the rank of the enemy. For him to determine one of them as Unknown Rank is absurd.

***

“Hmm, you leave me no choice. I will do it like earlier then.” Naomi said. “Rekka, your job was to secure your sister.” She said it without turning her head to look at Rekka.

“Yes, please leave it to me!”

Naomi stretched out her right arm and slowly bring it upward. The Esper Association HQ was lifted along with her gesture. The huge building with more than 50 floors was lifted without trouble. According to the info she had gathered by hacking into Esper Association’s database, the Lab’s location was underground. After Naomi lifted the building, the guards started their attack.

***

Rekka was worried when the guards had attacked Naomi, but his job was to secure his sister. As soon as Naomi lifted the building, he rushed toward the underground. Rekka was chased by  Lee Hyun-Woo that was worried about his sister. But, Lee Hyun-Woo's ability is Barrier, he better suited to guard one place rather than chasing after Pyromancer that moves fast with flames as his thruster.

Rekka finally arrived at the room where the experiment was conducted.

“Those bastards!!” A voice full of fury came out from Rekka’s mouth.

He stopped in front of the room because of what he saw. His sister, alongside another girl, was unconscious inside the glass tank filled with a liquid.

Hello, Author here!!

How is the story so far? Have you enjoyed it ?!!

If you enjoy the story then add it to your Reading List and press the Favorite!!

378