Chapter 155 – Change 1
4.8k 27 160
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Even when I saw it with my eyes, I can’t believe it…”

Mischa sighed while looking at Naomi who sat on the couch in front of her.

“Your explanation about the Esper Association. Honestly, I think I won’t be able to believe you if you told me about that yesterday. But, my mind has cleared and I can accept what you said after looking back at my past.”

Julia put a cup of tea in front of Mischa, Naomi, and Melaine before bowing her head and heading upstairs.

“As I had expected. Your mind was fiddled with a little bit, Mischa.” Naomi said to Mischa as she took the cup of tea in front of her and sipped from it.

“I was a fool to not realize it sooner. I just realized it after I met you in that buildings. The ability that caused the riot on Avos Island, there was a small power lingering in your head. That time, I realized what happened and I …”

‘almost destroyed the Earth because of that.’ Continued Naomi in her mind.

Naomi cut off what she said. She didn’t want to make Mischa worried when she was in a state of confusion.

Mischa looked at Naomi and tilted her head, curious about why Naomi cut her sentence short.

“All in all, I must ask.” Melaine who was just listened to Naomi and Mischa spoke and put on a serious expression.

“Mischa, what are you going to do? Do you want to stay here, or will you go back to the Esper Association?”

Mischa lowered her head a little and Naomi can’t see her expression. Melaine's question was simple, but it was a lifetime decision for Mischa.

If she stayed with Naomi, that meant she would be able to stay with Naomi. That much was fine, but now that the world knew Naomi’s identity as Mugetsu, then she who stayed with Naomi would be branded as a terrorist and betrayer of the Esper Association.

But, if she went back to the Esper Association. Then she would have a rough future. There was a chance that the unknown ability user who can affect the mind would use their ability at her again.

After a while, Mischa raised her head and she had a serious expression.

“I don’t think that I will be able to come back to the Esper Association. To be honest, I think the Esper Association higher-up was thinking that I went missing or even died. I will stay but I have one condition.” She raised her right index finger.

Naomi crossed her legs and looked at Mischa with a smile.

“Tell me about your condition, Mischa.”

“I don’t want to join any operation that will cost the lives of civilians. If it’s an operation to eradicate the danger in the world, like the evil organization or such, then I will cooperate with it.”

Naomi’s smile widened at Mischa’s answer.

“I’m glad that you choose to stay, Mischa.”

Mischa smiled at Naomi and said.

“This is strange. I never expected this… Especially I was never expecting that Mugetsu who I chase and fight is actually my friend in disguise.”

Naomi chuckled at Mischa as she covered her mouth with her right hand.

“What can I say, it was fun fighting with you so I purposely show myself in front of you a lot of times. Mainly because we are a friend.”

Mischa looked at Naomi with a wry smile and covered her eyes with her right hand.

“Wait a minute.” Said Mischa as she raised her left hand and made a stop gesture at Naomi.

“So you are saying that the reason why Mugetsu always appeared in front of me first was to bait me?”

Melaine was bursting out in laughter. She held her stomach with her right hand and pointed her left index finger at Mischa.

“Mischa, do you think that Lady Naomi only did that to bait you for a fight? Didn’t she bring you to a lot of places when you chased her?”

‘No, I didn’t remember that. I just chased some guy around and Mischa just followed me because she saw me.’ Thought Naomi.

She wanted to say it out loud, but after considering a lot of things, she decided to keep quiet.

Mischa’s body twitched a little after she heard what Melaine had said. It was true that Naomi would guide her to a certain place every time. If she didn’t do it herself, then she would send her subordinate to guide her.

The last time was when someone who took Topaz’s appearance took her to Naomi in the building behind the Avos School.

Mischa looked at Naomi with widened eyes and Naomi just looked back at her with a smile on her face.

“I see, you wanted me to realize it by myself. But then, my trust in the Esper Association was unshakable back then.”

“It pained me to fight with my friend. So, since the start, I have always been wanted to be with you all the time, Mischa. I thought if you were finally able to see the darkness hidden by the Esper Association, you would reach out to me and joined me.”

Naomi put her legs down and sipped her tea. She put down the cup and closed her eyes as she smiled at Mischa.

“I’m glad that you are now free of their control.”

Mischa also smiled as tears began to build upon the corner of her eyes.

“Me too.”

Both of them were looking at each other as Mischa was crying in happiness.

That was a moment where the Moon of Akasha gained their 3rd SSS-Ranked Esper in their ranks.

The two girls had joined together, and one of their forgotten friends who had just woken up was looking at them from near the staircase with a confused expression on her face.

“Eh? What happened?” Asked Hotaru in a low voice.

Author Note:

Too bad! Title drop would be postponed!

Well, I have a plan already about that, so just be patient HAHAHAHA

By the way,  I am back with Naomi!



Author Here~

More than 60 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!!

Big Thanks for the New Executive!!
- Zenith-SF

160