Chapter 184 – Change Final
3.7k 29 133
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Now then, what should we do?” Asked Naomi as she leaned her back against the backrest of the seat. She then turned to Melaine and asked, “That was your former husband? Well, it seems that you have a lot of stories to be told.”

Naomi and Melaine were still inside the Taxi. The time was still stopped.

“Lady Naomi… I’m sorry.” Said Melaine.

“Don’t mind that. However, how can he move when you use your ability? That part still bothered me.”

Naomi, for once, found someone who could do something that she couldn’t. Because of that, her interest in Avos spiked up.

It was not a romantic interest, but it was leaning to something like, she wanted to fight him.

Her Telekinesis Armor was proved to not affect Avos too, she wanted to know the extent of his defense.

“His ability, it’s really special even amongst the others.” Answered Melaine. She looked gloomy and had no energy. She slumped on the seat and continue, “Even though his power level isn’t even higher than S-Ranked Esper, he could defeat me easily if he wants to.”

“Now that’s something dangerous.” Said Naomi.

‘S-Ranked Esper… The leader of the Esper Association was just S-Ranked Esper?’

She didn’t believe that. However, it came from Melaine’s. Maybe that was why the Esper Association was interested in Anna.

They even created some pills from Anna’s blood.

“Pills, Anna’s enhancement, and S-Ranked Esper…” Muttered Naomi, “I don’t like where this is going.”

Melaine then also realized that. However, she just looked at Naomi and shook her head.

“If you are thinking that Avos will use that enhancement, then please just throw that away, Lady Naomi. That guy will not use anything like enhancement. He’s already strong enough, to the point he has no one who could compete with him.”

“Hmm, is it like that? Something within the line, ‘I am too strong, I don’t need those enhancements.’ Then, what made him that confident?”

“As I said earlier, it’s his ability. With the correct use of his ability, he was kind of invincible.” Answered Melaine as she turned her gaze outside the Taxi, she looked through the window.

The people stopped moving, the bird stopped mid-air.

However, she couldn’t notice the change in Naomi’s expression. She was smiling.

“Invincible, huh.”

Naomi then moved to the driver's seat and held the steering wheel before turning her gaze towards Melaine.

“Tell me about that later. Let’s pick the item that you hid in the Eiffel Tower first.” Said Naomi.

Melaine nodded her head weakly as she looked at Naomi, “Yes.” She then had a resolute look as she remembered her item, “That item…”

Melaine was about to explain about the item that she hid, however, Naomi cut her off.

“It could help us to take Avos down. However, Melaine. You forget about something.”

There was a reason why Naomi smiled. From what she saw, Avos’s power was not omnipotent. He could be defeated.

Melaine looked at Naomi with a confused gaze. She noticed a smile on Naomi’s face.

“There is a girl who could nullify Esper’s ability in our rank.”

“!!!” Melaine’s eyes widened, then she smiled as she exclaimed, “Right!”

She then moved to the passenger seat beside Naomi, “There is Mischa! I- How could I forget about her! Let’s go, Lady Naomi! Full speed to Eiffel Tower! We need to get that item as fast as we can. Then, we will be able to disturb their flow.”

“Hmm, is the item really that important?” Asked Naomi.

“Yeah, this item is important.” Said Melaine with a face that had a hint of melancholy. “This item had a list of a name. It’s a piece of paper that contained the important name of the Esper Association’s founder.”

Naomi then looked at Melaine, “So, why is that item important?”

Melaine scratched her cheek, “To be honest, it’s not that important before until we found out that we could use blood to imitate the owner’s ability. The item became important right now because all those names were written in blood. Including Avos, and one more person’s blood.”

“Hmm, I see. Let’s go then, deactivate your ability. Let’s get that item and go back to our base to prepare for the worst.”

“Yes!”

***

In some place without windows or doors, the atmosphere distorted, and a young man with silver hair and red eyes appeared from the distortion.

There was only one black chair in the middle that place. The wall of that place was black, the floor was also black.

There were a row of monitors in front of the chair, and those were the only light source in the room. There were around 12 big monitors floating in front of the chair, hung on the wall.

The young man, Avos, sat on the chair and looked at the monitors. The monitors flickered a few times, before 12 black faces with question mark appeared on the monitor.

When the faces appeared, Avos smiled and said, “We are going to war.”

It was such a simple sentence, but the effect was great. The faces on the monitor were clearly disturbed by the words.

However, they couldn’t ask the reason behind those words.

Hence, they answered, “Yes! Lord Avos!”

It didn’t matter who the enemy was. All they knew were their leaders wanted to go to war.

One of the face with question mark was smiling happily. That person was Lucilla. She was happy that Avos responded her warning quickly.

The world had yet to know the danger that closed in. Only 15 people knew that there would be a big war in the future.



Author Here~

More than 60 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!!

Big Thanks for the new Squad Leader!!
- James31292

133