Chapter 189 – Prelude to War 5
2.7k 18 117
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“A-Are you sure, Rekka?” Melaine asked Rekka in disbelief.

She couldn’t believe Naomi to disappear like that. Her mind raced to think of the worst possibility.

Usually, she wouldn’t be this worried about Naomi disappearing. However, the story was different a few hours ago. Avos had declared war on them.

So she thought of the possibility of Naomi being kidnapped by Avos and panicked a little.

Rekka nodded his head, “Julia told me about that. However, Princess left a message before she disappeared.”

“What is the message, Rekka?” Asked Chi worriedly.

“She said that Princess left her a message saying, ‘If I am not inside my room by tomorrow, you can throw all my clothes away.’ Because she was worried, she knocked on Princess’s five minutes after she entered the room, but there was no answer. So then she decided to enter the room even though it was not a day yet, and found out that Princess was not in the room.”

Everyone fell silent after they heard the information.

Hyun-Woo, Chi, and Ingrid looked worried. However, Naomi’s mother, Mizuki, was not concerned in the slightest. She knew her daughter well, and they had talked about this before.

Rekka noticed it and asked. “It seems you know something, Mrs. Mizuki.”

Mizuki turned to Rekka before seeing that the attention had focused on her.

“Hmm, what should I say?” She muttered lowly, but the others heard them clearly in this quiet room. “I can only say that Naomi has her own plan.”

“She has her own plan?” Asked Ingrid curiously. “What kind of plan did she have, and how did you know about it? The war was basically declared a few hours ago.”

“About that, I don’t know about it myself.” Answered Mizuki. “She never told me anything; she just said to trust her. It seems like her altruistic side has kicked off again.”

“Eh?” Melaine gasped in surprise, “Altruistic side? But, Lady Naomi is… She didn’t even hesitate to kill. How could a person like Lady Naomi have altruism?”

It was normal for her not to understand what Mizuki said.

Naomi didn’t hesitate to kill the others, especially her enemy. However, her mother, Mizuki, said that she had an altruistic side.

A leader of an organization that didn’t even care whether they killed someone had altruism. That would go viral if the media knew about it.

Hyun-Woo was more surprised about it, but Rekka and Chi weren’t really surprised. They had seen a part of Naomi that showed that kind of attitude.

She took almost all missions by herself; she would look over her subordinate in almost every mission. Not only that, she even acted as hopeless bait when the Smiling Sun attacked Avos Island.

“Hmm, that girl, she wanted to be a hero when she was a child.” Said Mizuki. “She had that dream since she got involved in a certain incident.”

Mizuki had a small smile on his face as she remembered Naomi as a child. “She was cheerful and had many friends until her ability materialized when she was seven. After that, she changed a little. Her cheerful self still remained a little when she used her ability, but she didn’t interact with her friends again.”

The others listened with interest, especially Melaine. She had told Naomi about her past a little, but she never knew anything about Naomi.

Rekka, who knew Naomi the longest besides Mizuki, was also curious about her past. He met her when she was only 14 years old, and she already had the charisma of a leader that made him follow her.

What kind of past did she go through to be able to have that kind of charisma at the age of 14?

“Well, maybe this is not the best time to say this, but… Naomi was kidnapped once a few days after she managed to use her abilities. As she had two abilities and managed to use them at the young age of 7, a certain group of people somehow managed to find out about her and kidnapped her when she was playing with her friends.”

It shocked Melaine and the others.

Naomi was kidnapped once. They never thought of that, especially because she was the daughter of Mizuki and Tetsuma, the owner and CEO of Akasa Inc.

However, when they thought about it again, Akasa Inc. was built around nine years ago, that was when Naomi was only seven years old.

Seeing the connection, Hyun-Woo asked, “Could it be Akasa Inc. was built after Princess was kidnapped?”

Mizuki nodded her head, “That’s correct. At that time, my husband was still in the military, so he was able to track Naomi’s kidnapper rather quickly.”

The others were engrossed in the story, even Ingrid, who had just known Naomi for a few days.

“With his trusted friend, he stormed to the building where they put Naomi in. However, when he went inside, only a gruesome sight awaited him. He saw a lot of corpses in unrecognizable shapes in that building, and Naomi just stood in the middle of those corpses with lifeless eyes.” Mizuki spoke in a sad tone, as if she didn’t want to tell them this story.

But, to tell them Naomi’s intention, she needed to tell them this story.

Hyun-Woo shuddered in horror as the others frowned their faces. Melaine’s mouth gaped as she put her hand in front of it.

“Ultimately, my husband decided to recover Naomi first. She had developed a bit of trauma about that incident and lost her memories that were related to that. We were grateful that she couldn’t remember that incident because she was still a little. However, she never interacted with her friends again, and she told us that she wanted to be a hero, to save other people.”

Now they understood the reason why Naomi created the organization. The real reason why she wanted to be a hero and destroy the Esper Association.

With such a close call from being a guinea pig, she should’ve known the horror of humans’ experiments. She would’ve known about the fear that such people went through.

Even though her memories of that incident were gone, surely she had remembered the feeling unconsciously.

Rekka and Hyun-Woo now respected Naomi even more. Melaine felt sad about Naomi, and she was determined to help Naomi.

Chi felt conflicted; she grew up in an area where it was normal for people to be kidnapped and gone. So she knew the horror of being kidnapped.

It was a miracle that Naomi could grow into a person like now. If something went wrong, the world would’ve been destroyed by Naomi. She had the power to do that.

“That’s why we created Akasa Inc. and monitored her from a distance away. We put bodyguards around the house to protect her and subdue the people who wanted to kidnap her. Fortunately, she was safe after that with only a few kidnapping attempt. We subdue their organization with no problem, and she was able to grow up without anyone noticed her real ability.”

Mizuki then put on a serious face. “Now, about Naomi’s intention. I believe she didn’t want her subordinates to get involved in this war and chose to stop the war by herself. As her mother, I feel sad about that. So I wanted to convey this.”

Mizuki then lowered her head towards the others, “Please help my daughter. I know she can stop this by herself but… it will be too much for her. Please help her.”

Melaine smiled a little, “Don’t worry about it, Mizuki. I will help her.”

Rekka nodded his head, “I will help her without you asking us, Mrs. Mizuki.”

“That’s right!” Exclaimed Hyun-Woo. “She had helped me to save my little sister, so now it’s the time for us to help her.”

Chi just nodded her head, and Ingris just smiled.

Mizuki raised her head and smiled, “Thank you. I will be counting on you.” She was happy that her daughter met such good subordinates.



Author Here~

More than 60 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!!

117