Chapter 195 – Prelude to War 11
2.2k 14 103
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Melaine turned to Andrew, and she then put on a disappointed expression.

“I thought that I felt Lady Naomi’s pressure, but… to think that I met an existence that I hate in this place.”

As Melaine said that, Mischa, Rekka, Luna, and lastly, Hotaru stepped out of the white door. They then looked at Andrew.

They recognized Andrew from the picture that Melaine showed them earlier.

Rekka noticed a change in Melaine’s expression and asked her. “Should I take over here? You can go to find Princess with Hotaru and the others.”

Seeing a chance to interrupt them, Andrew laughed out loud.

“Do you mean Akasa Naomi? Then don’t bother looking at her! I have killed her!”

In an instant, they looked at Andrew. They looked at him as if he was an idiot.

Even Luna, who was the harmless girl, was looking at Andrew with a gaze of pity.

“Is he an idiot?” Asked Hotaru flatly.

“I think he’s an idiot. There is no way Naomi had died when her pressure was this clear.” Added Mischa.

“You know, he’s really an idiot. He has the lowest IQ among the executives of the Esper Association.” Mocked Melaine with a silly grin.

Rekka cupped his chin and looked at Andrew with a smirk. “I see… Then not all executives are smart after all. The Esper Association sure lacks a capable individual.”

Andrew was furious. Not only did his plan to make them furious failed, they even mocked him back. He forgot that Melaine was good at detecting Esper’s pressure, and now he could only stall time until the reinforcement that he called earlier arrived.

“You don’t believe me? Because you know… even though she’s still alive right now, her ability now is limited by the Limiter for SSS-Ranked Esper.” Andrew tried to intimidate them even more, but they only shook their heads.

“I see.” Melaine just nodded her head. She played along with Andrew, then she asked. “So? A power Limiter for SSS-Ranked Esper. Do you think such a toy could limit Lady Naomi’s power?”

Melaine and Mischa were not worried about that at all. They, the SSS-Ranked Esper, knew for sure that Naomi wouldn’t be affected by the power Limiter even when one was built for the SSS-Ranked Esper.

Unless she was exhausting herself, Naomi was practically invincible. Melaine could only think of one person who could possibly rival Naomi, but that person wouldn’t move unless it was necessary.

No one in the world had a Power Level that could rival Naomi. That was the fact that every member of Moon of Akasha knew.

If the Esper Association thought they could limit Naomi, then Melaine would be the first one to laugh at their face directly.

“You know, if you mess with Lady Naomi’s power, then that’s the time when the world is destroyed. If her power is disturbed even a little and she loses control over it, you know what happened by looking at the time when she lost control a few days ago.”

Melaine stated the fact that Andrew knew so well.

A few days ago, when Naomi was angry and lost control of herself, the world was in turmoil. Even now, there was no clear record of how many casualties were caused by the incident.

That was also the one who caused Avos to make a move himself.

Even though he appeared to be a villain and did a human experiment, Melaine knew that he was worried about humanity’s survival more than the other. She was his former companion, after all.

“I know about that. That’s why Akasa Naomi needs to be stopped. We need peace in order to combat what will come. Remember the prophecy, Melaine!” Andrew shouted seriously.

He was indeed mocked as the most stupid person among the executives, but he was by no means a fool. He knew the reason why his leader, Avos, made his move.

The executives knew the reason behind the experiments conducted by the Esper Association. They were dirty; he wouldn’t deny it. But, behind those experiments lay a big reason.

“Melaine, you should’ve known. About the thing that waits for us. If we stay like this, the world won’t survive.”

Sands began to move and surrounded Andrew’s body slowly. It slowly built up behind him and created a big sand statue that looked like a demon from folklore.

Rekka and the others tensed a little; they were ready to fight. Even Mischa was ready to use her ability and put her hand on the gun that she hid behind her clothes.

But, Melaine stopped them by raising her left hand.

“I know. But what the Esper Association did to humans was not right.” Melaine responded seriously as she took a step toward Andrew. “Not only that… I believe Lady Naomi will be able to stop the said calamity that the prophet told us 80 years ago.”

“You are a lost cause. Do you think she will be able to stop the invasion?”

“Yes, I am.”

The other members were confused by the conversation between Melaine and Andrew.

They threw some words such as prophecy and prophet. Not only that, but they also mentioned Calamity and Invasion.

“I believe the root of the invasion is Avos. It’s only possible with his ability to control space. Think about it, Andrew! He’s the one who told us about the prophecy. He even hid that girl out of our reach and put some random old woman as her after he told us the prophecy!”

“Even so! Avos had saved us that time. Did you forget already, Melaine?! I don’t want to hurt my former friend; just come back to our side!”

“I refuse! Our relationship ended years ago when Avos decided to keep that girl hidden.

They then stared at each other intensely. Sparks seemed to fly between them.

The other members decided to take a step back and observe them from a distance.

“Is it okay? Melaine seems to hide a lot of things…” Hotaru whispered to Mischa.

“Let’s just watch from now. She even stops us from interfering.” Answered Mischa.

Rekka nodded his head from the side, “Melaine… She's the person that Princess trusts the most. She must've told Princess about everything, so let’s just trust her.”

“U, Umm. I also think that we should trust Melaine!” Added Luna.

“Well, if you say so…” Hotaru muttered, then turned to Melaine and Andrew.

Both of them were still staring at each other, and then the silence was broken by Andrew.

“I guess there is no other way.” The demon sand behind him began to move slowly. It now held a sword made of sand in his right hand. “Let’s settle this, Melaine. You are too dangerous to be left alone.”

“Hah!” Melaine scoffed at Andrew, “Do you think you can beat me?”

“I can.” Answered Andrew calmly. He then took out a pill from his pocket and swallowed it. “After all, my power is now equal to SSS-Ranked Esper.”

The sand demon behind Andrew instantly grew in size; it became three times larger than before.

Looking at the change in Andrew’s ability, Melaine shouted, “Doping?!”

She recognized the pill. It was the one that was now researched by Moon of Akasha’s researcher. The pill allowed Esper’s power level to increase temporarily.

She then smiled bitterly and muttered, “This is… rather bad, isn’t it?”



Author Here~

More than 100 Advanced chapters (For all of my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!!

103