Chapter 217 – Prelude to War 33
1.8k 6 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anna peeked her head from the side of the house, watching Naomi and Mischa, who were leaning against each other, watching a video on Naomi’s holo phone.

They smiled and giggled while watching the video. Anna didn’t know what kind of video they watched, but it surely was a funny video that made two of the strongest Esper giggle happily like that.

Dan-Bi joined Anna not long after and spoke, “Anna… Are you sure we are doing this? Look at them! The atmosphere around them is good. Even I would think they are dating if I don’t know about them.”

“U-Umm… I-it’s not enough. They are just laughing at each other like what we did earlier! Are we lovers? No, right? So that means they are not lovers either! It’s not enough! I won’t be satisfied until I see them kiss!” Anna whined as she pulled her head to the shadow, hiding from Naomi and Mischa.

“You… You said you only wanted them to confess to each other!” Rebuked Dan-Bi.

“Eh, really? I forgot about that.” Anna made excuses as she looked at the sky, pretending to be dumb. She tried to whistle, but the only thing that came from her mouth was air; there was not even a hint of sound.

“Anna!”

“Eeek!” Anna shrieked after Dan-Bi suddenly shouted at her ear. “Don’t shout too close to my ear, Dan-Bi! What will you do if they notice us?!”

“If they notice us, then they notice us! Why are we doing this in the first place?!”

“Because I am bored!” Anna shouted back at Dan-Bi while spreading her arms. “Aren’t you bored too? That’s why you joined me in this plan, right?”

“Ugh.” Dan-Bi couldn’t refute what Anna said. It was true that she had joined Anna’s plan because she had nothing to do. On top of that, she wanted to help her first friend with a small plan of hers.

But, as they talked about the plan earlier and planned to extend it to help Julia and Rekka, Dan-Bi began to think about it again.

They had nothing to do on this small island. Even though the identity of Naomi had been spread, and the truth about the Esper Association was brought to light by Rekka, she and Anna were still locked up on this small island because of the imminent war.

‘What should I do? It’s indeed fun, but what if Princess gets angry?’

She smacked her chest and declared as if Anna could read her mind and read.

“Don’t worry, Dan-Bi! If Princess gets angry, I will say that I was the one who forced you to help me!”

“Uhhh…” Dan-Bi grunted, she was thinking twice right now.

The atmosphere between Naomi and Mischa was good. She felt bad to destroy such an atmosphere just for trying to make either of them confess to each other. Also, Anna didn’t tell her about the details of the plan yet, it made her anxious.

However, she jumped into the ship first. She couldn’t back out now, and she feared that she would disappoint her only friend.

“Fine. Can you tell me about the details of your plan?”

“It’s simple! We just need to act like a lovey-dovey couple in front of them and confess our love toward each other!” Explained Anna.

At that time, Dan-Bi thought thrice about her decision. She looked at Anna with skeptical eyes as if she was looking at an idiot. Finally, she sighed and shook her head.

‘Will Anna’s plan going to be okay?’

“Do you understand, Dan-Bi?” Asked Anna.

“Yes. I understand. So we just need to act like a couple and confess our love, right?”

“That’s correct!”

“So how?” She tilted her head. “How do couples usually act?”

“That…” Anna’s words trailed as her eyes danced around. “A couple act like a couple!”

For the last time, Dan-Bi sighed and thought again.

‘This is not going to be okay. Well… Let’s just have fun with it. She said that she will take responsibility after all.’

***

After Naomi finished watching the news about her, she switched the video to an opera video. She found herself enjoying an opera after she watched the Phantom of the Opera directly in the UK.

Mischa also enjoyed it, so they watched the opera together. The opera was the same, the Phantom of the Opera. However, the actors that played it were different. The actors and actresses in the video were more skilled, but the sound that came from the holo phone’s speaker was not as satisfying as watching it live.

But they must be content with that. After all, the video was spread for free, unlike watching the opera directly, which cost a lot of money.

In the middle of watching the opera, Naomi heard a voice that came from the side of the house. Because she knew that the ones at the side of the house were Anna and Dan-Bi, she ignored them and focused on the video.

She also felt Julia on the second floor, probably cleaning the hallway or rooms, so she was not too worried about them being an enemy.

“They are so loud. What are they talking about, I wonder?” Mischa asked in a low voice not to disturb the enjoyment of the video.

“Maybe they are just playing around?” Answered Naomi.

“Is that so?” Mischa muttered. Her gaze looked sad as she watched the video.

It arrived at a part where the Actor, the main character, had to separate from the Actress, the female lead.

“This part is heart-breaking…” Mischa’s voice was a bit hoarse, and her eyes were glistening a little. “I have thought of this, but… Are we going to be separated like the ones in the opera?” She unconsciously muttered.

Only after she finished her sentence that she let out a little gasp.

“Oops. Please forget what I just said, Naomi.”

“Hmm? Did you say anything?” Naomi asked, pretending to be oblivious.

Mischa smiled a little and said, “Nothing.”

They went back to watching the video, but Naomi couldn’t focus on it.

‘There is no way I will forget that.’ Naomi thought silently.

She didn’t want to be separated from Mischa, not after realizing her feelings. Then, what was the best action that she could take? The best action so they could be together.

‘Should I just tell her about my feelings? But, what if she… freaked out? We are both girls; it’s not normal to be together, to be more than a friend. Even I, who have never been in a relationship, know about it.’

At that moment, she raised her head, and she saw something rather idiotic that made her laugh loudly.

“Hahahaha, what are you girls doing?”

In the area right around 20 meters in front of the house, Anna and Dan-Bi were looking feverishly at each other, imitating a couple in a morning drama.

Mischa was curious why Naomi suddenly laughed and raised her head. When she did so, she also laughed. She covered her mouth to stop her laughing, but it was for naught.

“Hahaha… really, what are you girls doing?” Naomi asked in a loud voice.

When Naomi asked them, they separated from each other. Dan-Bi looked away with a red face and appeared to be embarrassed. In comparison, Anna was scratching the back of her head with a playful look.

“It seems that our plan has failed. Haha-hahaha.” She laughed awkwardly, like a child that was caught playing with something they shouldn’t touch.



Author Here~

More than 100 Advanced chapters (For all of my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!!

78