Chapter 225 – Prelude to War Final
1.8k 11 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the Dark Room with a lot of monitors, Avos was sitting lazily while looking at the monitors that repeatedly blinked in front of him.

The screen of the monitors changed on a second basis. The screen showed a scenery of destruction of cities, plains, and the others. The Earth looked ravaged; there was not even a tree that survived in the destroyed land. His face looked bored, but he kept watching the screen nonetheless.

However, in his boredom, because nothing had gone awry from his plan, he was still confused by one thing.

“That monitor only showed static again, huh?” He glanced at the top-rightmost monitor, which only showed static instead of blinking images.

He couldn’t understand why that certain monitor only showed static. It was not like those monitors were showing TV shows or something, no. The monitors showed the future seen by Darika, who was sleeping in the neighboring room.

Darika had been put asleep by another executive called Liam, who could put someone to sleep as long as he wanted to. Darika’s vision was connected to the monitors by Executive Razor, which had an ability that allowed him to connect someone’s brain to electronics.

Those two were executives loyal to Avos, unlike Angella, who betrayed him. He already knew about it, as he saw the future through the monitors in front of him. However, the most important future, the one related to the Moon of Akasha, was, for some reason, never displayed on the screen.

“Is Darika trying to keep Melaine and them out of my reach? Why?” Avos chuckled to himself as he muttered.

His goal had always been so simple; he wanted to save his world and this world from the invasion.  Avos stood up from his seat, and the monitors turned off instantly as if the power had been cut off.

“I guess the war couldn’t be avoided. If possible, I don’t want to decrease humanity’s power, but…” His expression changed. He frowned as he clenched his fists. “Akasa Naomi… Although she’s the best ally that I could hope for because of her power, I will need to eliminate her if she keeps trying to get in my way.”

In front of him, an oval rift appeared from thin air, its bottom half was cut. On the other side of the oval was a room with a round table. Around the table sat three men and a woman who was looking at him through the rift. It was a room for the executives of the Esper Association and was hidden from normal members or higher-ups.

Avos took a step, crossing the rift, and closed it immediately. He approached the only empty chair around the table and sat on it, crossing his legs.

When he sat down, the four people in the room immediately greeted him.

“Welcome, Lord Avos!”

He nodded to answer them, then he spoke.

“Good work. Now, let’s talk about how to destroy the Moon of Akasha and the continuation of our plan.”

***

Meanwhile, Naomi and Mischa were on rest today and visited the Ramen shop that Mischa wanted in Tokyo. The one they visited was the most famous Ramen shop in Tokyo, and fortunately, there was no explosion or some sort that made the shop closed. They entered the shop and were greeted by the cook in the kitchen.

“Welcome!” He shouted loudly, the typical greeting of a Ramen shop.

Mischa, who was not used to such greeting, flinched a little. Naomi chuckled, seeing Mischa getting surprised by such a greeting, but she didn’t express it too much. Instead, she put her hand on Mischa’s shoulder and said,

“Let’s sit there.” She pointed at the empty table at the corner of the restaurant.

The restaurant was a bit crowded, but not too much. It was now past lunch already, so the rush hour had ended, and only a few people who had a late lunch were left in the shop.

“Uh, yes,” Mischa answered, a bit nervous because of how loud the restaurant was. But, she quickly recovered and sat on the seat around the table that Naomi pointed at earlier.

They sat across from each other, looking at the menu for a while, and then a waitress came to them.

“Have you decided on your order?”

“Curry Ramen for me,” Naomi answered swiftly and turned to Mischa. “How about you, Mischa?”

“Umm, a Shoyu Ramen for me, please.”

“Certainly. Please wait a minute.” The waitress turned around and left after taking their order.

Naomi put down the menu and looked at Mischa straight in her eyes. She put her hands on the table and rested her head on them.

Mischa felt the gaze fall on her and put the menu that she held, looking at Naomi while tilting her head in the process.

“What’s wrong, Naomi?”

“Nothing, just wondering about something.” Answered Naomi.

“Huh? And what is that? You can tell me if you need some help.”

“Really?” Naomi flashed a teasing smile. “Then, I might impose on you in the future. This something is very important, you know? This is related to our future.”

“Our future…?” Mischa muttered, curious about Naomi’s words.

“Yes… our future.” Naomi repeated. She smiled at Mischa with her eyes closed as she thought. ‘My boredom has been… cured by her company. I should finish this charade and then confess to her. Let’s just do that. I feel bad about Anna, who tried to help me, but I don’t think I can enjoy being Mischa’s special one when there is still danger longing around.’

At that time, the waitress brought a tray with their order on top and put them on the table.

“Thank you for waiting. Please enjoy your meal!” The waitress left after exclaiming cheerfully.

“Well, let’s eat.” Said Naomi.

“Yes! Let’s eat!” Exclaimed Mischa.



Author Here~

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For this series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

I also have a new work on my Patreon with the title "Demon Princess of the Glassy Sky" which I upload around 1 chapter a week, depending on how busy I am. Check it out!

73