Chapter 228 – Above the Cloud 3
1.6k 6 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the Moon of Akasha underground base in Germany, the atmosphere was unnaturally serious when Naomi arrived. She was confused but decided to find out by herself by coming to the meeting room where Rekka and the others usually stayed.

On her way to the meeting room, she was greeted by the researchers or some people in black suits, which she recognized as Melaine’s subordinates. Not only them, but she also saw Stephen, Doni, Selena, and Ao siblings hanging out in the hallway in front of a training room in the distance.

They were the usual members, who Rekka had always sent on a mission under him, and they were seemingly just finished some training as their bodies and clothes were wet from sweat. They were wearing skin-tight black combat clothes, except for Stephen, who only wore the pants part and the combat boots made from metal.

Usually, Luna was with them, but she was still on standby to teleport anyone at any time because of the situation.

“So, what do you think about the war, Stephen?” Doni asked, leaning against the wall as he looked at Stephen, who stood beside him while slurping an energy drink from a bottle.

“Hmm, to be honest, I think the war this time will cause less damage than the Esper War 80 years ago,” Stephen answered as he crossed his arms. His skin was red from the excessive exercise that he did. “Or it could be worse due to Princess’ power. Anyway, it’s going to be exciting.” He grinned.

“And what made you think like that?” Mizu asked Stephen while playing with his drink by twirling it inside the bottle with his ability. “Princess is strong. I believe she can end the war in a second if she wants to.”

At this time, Naomi had gotten close to them, and the first one to notice her presence was Selena. She didn’t say anything, though, just nodded to show her respect.

Because the conversation seemed to include her all of a sudden, she decided to join the conversation.

“Even I can’t end a war between two organizations in a second, you know?” She said, gaining various reactions from Stephen and the others.

“Princess! … right?” Doni exclaimed as he fixed his posture. He was confused when he looked at Naomi, as she had changed considerably since they met each other.

“She’s without a doubt Lady Naomi,” Selena affirmed, making Doni sigh in relief.

Mizu stopped playing with the water while Yuki, Mizu’s sister, looked at Naomi while smiling. “Welcome, Princess.” She greeted Naomi.

Naomi raised her hand to greet them back. “Have you guys just finished your training, I wonder?”

“Yes! I realized that my control over my ability is still lacking. I can only make a lightning strike once before I run out of fumes, so I trained with those guys!” Doni explained excitedly with a bright smile.

“Indeed. I am also a bit lacking. I need to prepare more for this war. I heard that we will be deployed too?” Stephen asked, looking at Naomi straightly. He was the only one taller than Naomi among them, so only he could look straight in her eyes without raising his head.

“Perhaps. I don’t really know their exact force, so just prepare to be called anytime.” Answered Naomi.

Not only did she not know her enemy’s force, but she also didn’t know how strong they were. However, she knew at least one thing. This time, her enemy would come to them seriously and bring all the force they could gather in such a short time.

She found out about it while she went to Mount Everest. Considering the Esper that backed up the freak that turned her into a boy, she estimated her enemy’s force would be those of B-Rank Espers or higher. The war would be difficult for the people from the Moon of Akasha.

Of course, if Naomi used her ability to her limit, she could destroy them easily. But, some damage would occur if she did that. At least a country or two would be wiped out of existence, so she would like to avoid doing her best.

“Umm, Princes. Is this war going to be as difficult as they said?” Yuki, the sister of Ao's sibling, asked Naomi worriedly.

Naomi turned at her and smiled. “I can’t say anything about that. While the enemy’s force is strong, considering they are an organization that has been running for more than eight decades, we also don’t fall short of them. Akasa Inc. has various weapons and some of the robots used for practice. Most probably, we will send those robots first to gauge our enemy’s strength and will only deploy you guys at a critical point of the battlefield.”

“I see… I always wanted to help in an operation, but I never thought they would declare war this early.” Yuki added as she looked down.

Naomi approached her and patted her on the shoulder. “Don’t worry about it. I will also do my best to end the war early.” She then walked away, passing Selena, whose lips curled up a little, making a smile.

She continued walking to the meeting room, leaving the group behind.

The group, left by Naomi, was watching her back as she disappeared into the long hallway. Her now long hair moved as she walked, and her back looked more reliable than before she had changed.

“I just heard it from the rumors, but… Princess indeed had matured in more than one way.” Stephen said, his lips curled into an excited smile. “She’s not using her power nilly-willy anymore. Not that she ever misused her power.”

“Really? Do you think so?” Asked Doni.

“She has matured, indeed. Even her way of answering us has changed.” Selena added. “She looks more reliable now, while before, there was still childishness in her tone.”

“Not only that… Doesn’t it look like she has become kinder too? I mean… she usually just greeted us and left, but today, she even stopped to have a little chat with us.” Yuki said.

“You’re correct, my sister.” Added Ao. “She even asks us not to worry about the war. I think she senses our nervousness too. Although we had gone on a lot of missions, war is a different story.”

“Maybe so. She could also mean something different with her words.” Selena chimed in.

Thud!

Stephen bumped his fist with each other before saying, “Anyway, we will get our turn, no? And in a big spot, according to what Princess said.”

The others nodded their heads, and Stephen grinned. ”Then this will be interesting. I am looking forward to it.”



Author Here~

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For this series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

I also have a new work on my Patreon with the title "Demon Princess of the Glassy Sky" which I upload around 1 chapter a week, depending on how busy I am. Check it out!

74