Chapter 230 – Above the Cloud 5
1.5k 7 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Angella revealed the headquarters of the Esper Association, he was escorted by Chi and Bel to his room, leaving only five people in the meeting room. Chi also said that he needed to investigate something regarding the new information and needed some time with Jorden to figure it out.

Because the meeting of the Moon of Akasha was over, Mizuki’s expression softened as she turned to Naomi.

“Naomi, let’s thoroughly check your body, shall we? We need to check how Angella’s ability changed your body.”

Looking at her mother, Naomi was confused. Her body had indeed increased in height, but she didn’t feel any special change about it. At most, only her physical strength got stronger, and her senses got sharper after the change.

She didn’t feel any need for a thorough check, as she knew her body’s condition the best due to her Adjustment ability.

“No, thanks. I am fine.” Naomi answered as she raised her hand.

Unexpectedly, as she refused, Melaine raised her voice.

“Lady Naomi! Please check your body. Remember that time when you coughed blood? That’s because your body can’t handle your power!”

Naomi looked at Melaine in confusion.

‘What is she talking about? Didn’t I tell her to keep that a secret? And I coughed blood because I tried to sense the Esper all over the world! My brain just gets overloaded!’

She couldn’t understand why Melaine said that her body couldn’t handle her power. Her body did fine, and she felt great every day. If she felt anything wrong with her body, she could just use her Adjustment to fix it.

Her Adjustment was different from the others, it was more versatile, and she could spare no effort to use it. Only, when she tried to push herself to sense the Esper’s pressure on Earth, her brain just overloaded with information that made her cough some blood.

“M-“ Naomi was about to object and explain what had happened, but she was interrupted by Mizuki.

“Is that true, Naomi?” Mizuki asked worriedly. “Even more reason to check your body! Please understand, Naomi. I am worried.” She said as she reached out to Naomi’s hand, holding it.

If the situation was like this, Naomi couldn’t even refuse. She didn’t even have the time to explain things.

Letting out a small sigh, she finally gave up and said, “Fine. Where do we check my body?” She asked.

“Let’s do it in the underground research area of Akasa Inc.’s building. We have the best technology there.” Answered Mizuki.

***

Mizuki escorted Naomi to the underground research area while being followed by Melaine. Rekka excused himself because he was about to sortie the combatants of the Moon of Akasha in the briefing room. He planned to tell them about the next plan, and Naomi allowed him.

Of course, Naomi didn’t know about the plan or whatever it was, but she had some guesses that it was related to the War, so she didn’t object to Rekka and just let him do as he pleased. She trusted him as he had shown the best result by far.

Rekka was forcing Hyun-Woo to follow him because he needed his help. Apparently, Hyun-Woo had yet to cover the base with his barrier, so he forced him to work.

Naomi was in the deepest part of the underground research area of Akasa Inc. A lot of futuristic equipment was lying around the area. The room that she escorted to looked like a hospital room with a bed, but there was a big scanner-like machine on the ceiling.

A glass wall surrounded the room, with each side having a speaker installed, and on the other side of the room was computer-like equipment with a hologram screen. Mizuki and Melaine were in front of the computer and instructed Naomi, who looked around curiously inside the room.

A black wall surrounded them, so no one could see what had happened inside.

“You can just lay on the bed with your clothes on, and I will do the rest,” Mizuki commanded from a microphone in front of her.

“Yeah, sure,” Naomi answered as she walked to the bed. She planned to follow her mother’s command to make the process smoother and faster.

She slowly crawled onto the flatbed while her head was facing the ceiling.

‘Is that the scanner? I guess so.’ Naomi thought as she looked at the oval-shaped machine on top of her. It was made from metal, and a circle green lens-like thing was in the middle of the machine.

“I will start. Don’t use any of your abilities when the machine scans you.”

“Sure, that’s easy.”

As Naomi answered, Mizuki nodded her head and pressed some buttons on the computer, lowering the scan machine on top of Naomi’s head. The machine slowly descended over Naomi and covered her whole body.

Unexpectedly, she didn’t feel uncomfortable inside the machine, and next, the scan started. A green light appeared from the lens-like thing in the middle of the machine, and it scanned over her body, starting from her toes to her head.

It was over almost instantly, then a blue light appeared, and she was scanned again.

‘Two times?’ Naomi asked inside her mind.

However, she trusted the machine’s capability. Maybe the first scan was to see her health condition, and the second scan was X-Ray?

The blue light scanned Naomi’s body slower than the green one, but then, after it finished scanning Naomi’s body, a red light appeared.

‘The third?!’

The red light didn’t scan Naomi’s toe or body. Instead, it only scanned her head, and it finished instantly.

Creak– zzt–

After the scan was over, the machine returned to its normal position, and Mizuki’s voice followed suit.

“Alright. It’s done.”

Naomi raised her body and looked at Mizuki, who stood right outside the glass wall. “That’s fast.”

“Of course. It’s a new machine developed a year ago. Currently, only a few hospitals use it. We are lucky to get the machine because we have some connection with the manufacturer of the scan machine.”

‘Compared to the machine that scanned my body for the first time, it’s fast. If I remember correctly, when I was 13 years old, my mom used the machine where the bed moved inside a giant circular machine to scan me.’ Naomi thought as she jumped off the bed, leaving the glass room and approaching Mizuki and Melaine.

“So, how is it? My body’s condition?” Naomi asked as she looked at the result of the scan.

On the screen, her clothed body, her X-Ray scan, and her brain scan were displayed fully. Furthermore, a similar scan was displayed on the hologram screen adjacent to the one that showed her scan result.

Mizuki and Melaine looked between both images seriously.

“This is honestly amazing. There is no damage to the brain even after Lady Naomi used her ability a few times on a large scale.” Melaine muttered, her mouth gaping as she looked at the scan result.

After a while, Mizuki looked at Naomi and nodded. “It’s fine. Nothing is wrong with you. You’re still healthy, Naomi.” She smiled.

“I’m glad to hear that.” Naomi returned the smile.

‘Anyway, why did my mother ask me to check my body thoroughly? I understand that nothing is wrong with that. Maybe my mother is worried because we are about to go into a full-scale war and Melaine suddenly said that I coughed blood before. So she asked me to check my health before that.’

“Well, that’s done. What are you going to do now, Naomi?” Mizuki asked as she tidied the files of Naomi’s body condition, encrypted them, and put them to safety. It would be dangerous if the enemy somehow got the file, so she deleted all traces of it and only left the real copy inside her storage disk.

“Hmm…” Naomi mumbled.

‘What should I do? The Moon of Akasha is not ready to go to war yet, so… maybe eating something sweet?’

“I think I want to eat some ice cream after this.” She answered happily as she closed her eyes, imagining chocolate ice cream.

Unknown to her, Mizuki and Melaine’s jaws fell as they heard her answer.

‘Ice cream?! Could it be that she wanted to attack the Esper Association headquarters in Antarctica right now?!’ Melaine screamed inside her head.



Author Here~

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For this series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

I also have a new work on my Patreon with the title "Demon Princess of the Glassy Sky" which I upload whenever I am done with the chapter. Check it out!

72