Chapter 236 – Above the Cloud 11
2.3k 5 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At Naomi’s words, most of the trainees were confused. It was natural that they couldn’t move immediately when they were asked to attack her.

However, among the twenty trainees, there was bound to be one or two quick-witted individuals. And it proved true as two boys quickly launched themselves at Naomi.

One covered his fists with some earth spike while the other had fire danced around his body, seemingly alive.

They closed in from left and right, respectively, without even talking. Calling their teamwork good was not an overstatement. Combined with their quick wit, they attacked Naomi at the same time.

The boy, who had earth spikes in both fists, reached Naomi first. He made a thrust motion with his right hand, aiming at Naomi’s head.

Naomi only glanced at him with her hands on her hips as she said, “Not bad.”

As soon as she said that, the boy’s movement stopped. His eyes widened, and his body trembled as he tried his best to move.

The second boy with fire danced around his body saw this as a chance. He quickly extended his hands with his palm facing Naomi before fire burst forth from them, engulfing Naomi as a whole.

The boy smiled, and the one who couldn’t move now could move his body. He quickly jumped away from the other boy to make some distance as Naomi was still inside the fire. The spike around his hands crumbled, and he bumped his fist with the other boy before saying.

“It’s not that hard.” Said the boy with a spiked fist.

“Agreed.” Added the other one.

The fire slowly disappeared, only to reveal that Naomi was fine. No trace of burn could be seen on her; even her clothes were perfectly intact. She grinned at the two surprised boys.

“Not bad. But, you shouldn’t let your guard down before making sure your enemy is defeated.”

Then, she looked at the rest of the trainees, who only watched from a distance, and raised her hand, gesturing for them to attack her.

“What? Are you afraid of me? And you call yourself a part of an elite squad? Try harder!” She shouted.

“Well, no. I think no one with a sane mind will confront you right away, Naomi.” Hearing her words, Tetsuma made a retort with a wry smile.

However, Naomi didn’t care about her father and only put her attention on the trainees that began to move.

They unleashed their abilities. Some had the same abilities, but some were unique. Fire, Wind, Earth, and even Lightning were launched at Naomi. Those were useless, though. Their abilities were clashing against Naomi’s Telekinesis barrier and dissipated.

The trainees with some sort of physical Enhancement ability, four of them, approached Naomi and circled around her, including the one whose fists were covered in spike-shaped Earth. They kept their distance while trying to find to what extent the Telekinesis barrier was spread.

Three trainees stood out among the others. They didn’t move from their spot and analyzed the battle. More especially the girl with glasses. She relayed all information that she got to the others while commanding them to attack at a certain angle before finally, she shouted.

“The barrier covered 360 degrees of her body. It’s a ball-shaped one with a diameter of 1 meter with her body acting as the center of the barrier!”

“Impressive.” Naomi praised her. “Your analysis is indeed correct, but… Whether you can destroy my Telekinesis barrier is the question. Don’t worry. You just need to find the most fragile part of the barrier. I purposely created a weak spot on my barrier.”

“Are you making fun of us?!” The girl in glasses that looked like the leader of the trainees shouted with a red face.

“Huh?” Naomi was confused, her smile fell from her face. She couldn’t understand why the girl asked that.

Of course, the trainees used her confusion to attack her, but it was no use. Finally, Naomi took a step forward.

“Isn’t it clear?” Naomi said as her lips curled upward maniacally. “If I give you guys no handicap, how can you ever think to defeat me?”

“For example.” She moved her hand toward the five trainees that circled around her. Suddenly, they stopped on their track as if they had crashed into something. Their faces got smashed, and their noses were broken due to the collision. “I can defeat five of them easily.”

With a wave of her hand, the five trainees were launched toward Tetsuma. She knew that her father would keep them safe, and he did.

Tetsuma tapped his feet against the ground, and five Earth hands rose, catching the five trainees that had been launched by Naomi.

“Alright, numbers 5, 6, 9, 12, and 19 have been eliminated!” He shouted.

Only then did Naomi find out that the trainees were called by numbers instead of their names.

‘Oh! The military is really different!’ She thought.

The 15 trainees that attacked from a distance stopped, their mouths gaped in surprise. Only the three trainees in the back, the girl with glasses and two other boys, frowned. They had realized that the power Akasa Naomi held in the story they heard was not exaggerated.

“Number 1, how should we move?” The boy with brown hair on the left side of the glasses girl asked.

“We have no other choice but to attack her blindly to find where the weak spot is. But… We don’t know how weak the weak spot is.” The girl, Number 1, answered. “I think we need to use your poison, Number 3.” She looked to her right at a boy with long black hair.

“Then, we need all of them to retreat. I will use my strongest one.” The boy, Number 3, took a step forward as he cracked his neck. “It will be bad if they get caught in it.”

Number 1 nodded. “Alright! Everyone, retreat! Number 3 is doing it!” She shouted without wasting any time.

Hearing her instruction, the other trainees immediately stopped their attack and jumped back. They knew what it meant by Number 3 was going to do it.

Even the fire guy who attacked Naomi at first distanced himself from her as the boy called Number 3 faced Naomi head-on.

“Oh? Are you going to take me alone?” Naomi asked.

“Indeed.” Number 3 replied. Dark green liquid began to seep out from his skin, covering his face and clothes. “As it will be dangerous for them if they get caught up.”

“I see, poison, huh?” Naomi exclaimed, looking interested in the boy’s ability.

“I expected no less from Lieutenant-General. So, please forgive me if I somehow hurt you.”

“Don’t mind it. Bring it on.”

“Then… Here I go.”



Author Here~

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For this series)  available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

66