Chapter 238 – Above the Cloud 13
1.3k 5 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All trainees Naomi sent to the sky were now lying on the ground with fear, turning their faces pale. Cold sweat covered their bodies as they couldn’t believe they had left the Stratosphere for a moment.

Their lungs were about to burst because of the sudden change in elevation. But, thankfully, Naomi wasn’t as sadist as she appeared to be. She protected them and brought them to the ground safely.

Tetsuma approached Naomi as he saw that the spar was over, with Naomi’s overwhelming victory.

“Do you need to go that far?” He asked as he looked at the trainees that sprawled over the ground.

Then he looked back at the first five trainees that got defeated by Naomi and shouted. “Hey! Bring them some water!”

“Yes!” One of them answered before they ran toward the fitting room.

Naomi looked at her father with a slight smile.

“They need to be taught, no? I always believe that a free skydive is the best way to train someone. Look at Hyun-Woo. He becomes reliable and does his best every time I tell him that his reward for failure is free skydiving.”

“That’s called a threat, my dear daughter,” Tetsuma replied as a bead of sweat formed on his forehead.

“Same thing,” Naomi answered. “But, they are too weak, huh? Only a few of them are worth noting, such as Number 1, Number 2, and Number 3.”

“You think so?” Tetsuma asked. “The three of them are cut above the rest, but… I don’t think the others are weak.”

“Nah, they are weaker than Doni or Stephen. Even the twins could defeat them, I think? Oh, the twins that I referred to are Ao siblings. They are just A-Rank and B-Rank Esper.”

The trainees’ faces grimaced when they heard what Naomi had said. She said that they would lose against a B-Rank Esper, while most of them were composed of A and S-Rank Espers. Even Numbers 2 and 3 were S-Rank Espers with power levels close to SS-Ranked Esper.

Number 1 seemed to be hit the most by Naomi’s words. She was SS-Ranked Esper, and hearing that a B-Rank Esper could’ve defeated her was humiliating.

“Don’t put them at the level of your direct subordinates who have already completed many missions. Those guys are monsters, even I admit it.” Tetsuma said, patting Naomi’s soldier. “Let’s see, how are they compared to the students of Avos School?” He asked, winking his right eye at Naomi.

The trainees’ ears perked up when Tetsuma mentioned Avos School. They always heard that Avos School was filled with elite Esper all around the world.

Some trainees lifted their bodies to sit to better hear Naomi and Tetsuma’s conversation. They were curious about the so-called elite Esper from all around the world. Were they better than them? How strong were they? Or how about their abilities?

They also heard that Naomi had attended the school for a while, so she must’ve known something that the others didn't know about the school.

“The students in Avos School?” Naomi asked for confirmation, as to which Tetsuma answered with a nod.

“Compared to them…” She trailed in her words as she looked over the trainees. They were waiting for her answer with high expectations. Their pale faces had returned back to normal.

“Well, I can say that the trainees are stronger than the students in Avos School. As much as the students are called elite Espers, they are still students in the end.” Naomi said with a grin as she faced the trainees.

“So be proud of it. Your tactics are already good enough. It was impressive. More specifically, the last one where you put me inside the square jail and attacked me with Lightning. That was good. I need to strengthen my barrier a little to defend against those attacks.”

“Huh?” The girl known as Number 1 exclaimed in surprise. “I-If I may ask, how much power did you use to defeat us?”

Naomi looked straight at her and put her hand on her chin. “Let’s see… For the barrier, it was four times weaker than the usual barrier that I put around my body. Of course, I never used my full power just for my barrier. It would tire me. So… the barrier is just around 1 to 5 percent of my power? I think. And I only used a bit of my strength to throw all of you to the sky.” She grinned at Number 1.

The trainees couldn’t believe what they heard. They, the German Military's chosen elite, were defeated by just a tiny bit of Naomi’s power.

At the same time, they understood how strong Naomi actually was. The girls’ respect toward her had soared higher, while the boys were ashamed and, at the same time, began to respect Naomi.

The story about her power was not exaggerated at all. They had learned about it a hard way, only that.

“I-I see…” Number 1 answered with reverence. “May I ask how you get that strong, Lieutenant-General?” She asked respectfully as she stood up.

Naomi turned to Tetsuma, confused about how to answer Number 1’s question.

Her father noticed her predicament. He knew that his daughter didn’t even need to train herself to reach that level. It was natural for her not to know how to get stronger, as she was one would call a genius at everything.

Even controlling her ability was easy for her. She didn’t need extensive training to know how to control her ability as well as she was now. She only needed to think about controlling it, that simple.

So Tetsuma took over. He faced Number 1 and answered. “Training.”

He crossed his arms and put on a serious face. “You need to train your control over your ability. Some of you still waste your power on something else. So the best answer for your question is a lot of training. Don’t slack off, and don’t be drunk on your power. You guys are still weak. There are a lot of strong people who exist out there.”

The trainees nodded their heads. At that moment, the five trainees that went to fetch some water from the fitting room returned with 5 bottles of water in their hands.

Seeing them, Tetsuma nodded and said, “Well, you guys deserve some rest. I will give you 1 hour of rest before we continue our training. Understand?!”

“Yes, sir!” They answered at the same time.

“Good.” Tetsuma nodded, satisfied. Next, he turned to Naomi again and asked in a low voice. “So, Naomi. Why did you visit the Military Base?”

“Oh, right,” Naomi said. “I just want to visit to show my face. Also… It seems they are also preparing for war, huh?”

“Indeed. But, are you really here to show your face?”

“Yes. Is anything wrong?”She asked, tilting her head.

“Hmm… Actually, you came at a perfect moment. We will hold some meetings with the General later. Do you want to join the meeting?”

“Sure, why not,” Naomi answered.

Originally, she only wanted to see the Military Base and see the training that the Germany Military did, but… After hearing that there would be a meeting, she was interested in it.

‘A military meeting! This should be interesting, unlike the usual meeting that we hold in our organization. I wonder how they hold the meeting in the military?’ She thought.

“I will tell the General then. Just spend your time looking around. The meeting will be held in 3 hours.”

“Don’t mind if I do. I am free to go anywhere, right?”

“Yes. Feel free too.”

“Alright.” Naomi nodded. She then turned to the trainees. “See you later, trainees! Have good training!”

“Yes, ma’am! Have a good day!”

Naomi then turned around and left the training ground.

‘Now then, where should I go?’ She mused inside her head. ‘Let’s just check the cafeteria. There should be one in the base, right?’



Author Here~

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For this series)  available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

61